Covid shot- Wall of Chiang Mai site, appointments anyone?

DrPhibes

4 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Sept 1 and Sept 2,  between 7am-11am

Walk-ins, for Pfizer shots

My mistake. It says between 9am-11am  'U.S. citizens and other foreign nationals who were born in 1956 or before OR are pregnant (more than 12 weeks).'

Here is a copy of the alert:

Health Alert: Walk-in Pfizer Vaccinations at McCormick Hospital in Chiang Mai on September 1 and 2 (August 27, 2021)

On Wednesday, September 1 and Thursday, September 2, McCormick Hospital in Chiang Mai will provide Pfizer vaccinations on a walk-in basis to U.S. citizens and other foreign nationals who were born in 1956 or before OR are pregnant (more than 12 weeks).  Vaccinations will be available between 09:00 and 11:00. According to the Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office, the vaccinations will only be provided to individuals who have not previously been vaccinated.  U.S. citizens should bring their U.S. passport and their 13 digit registration number from the Wall of Chiang Mai system (which should begin with the digits “600”).

If you have not already registered in the Wall of Chiang Mai system (https://www.cm-healthcare.net/CMCVR) and expatvac.consular.go.th then you should register immediately.

U.S. citizens can visit the COVID-19 Information page of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok for the latest information.

Edited by FolkGuitar
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2021 at 7:46 PM, islandguy said:

Went today, all smooth as could be. Took a while, but lines were thinning out as I left at 11:30. Not totally strict with age criteria. Passport and WallofChiangMai platform number needed.

Not strict with age? How old are you roughly?

I fit right into the 65 to 70 age range that was supposed to be vaccinated that day. Another person there who got vaccine was 61, my impression was that they made an exception for him but he may have had comorbidities and been in a higher priority group. There were a handful of people I noticed that were not young but obviously younger than 65. None of those few I noticed were Westerners.

3 hours ago, islandguy said:

I fit right into the 65 to 70 age range that was supposed to be vaccinated that day. Another person there who got vaccine was 61, my impression was that they made an exception for him but he may have had comorbidities and been in a higher priority group. There were a handful of people I noticed that were not young but obviously younger than 65. None of those few I noticed were Westerners.

I think they dropped the age requirement from 65 to 55 after a few days for the Pfizer shot. It was preplanned and not an exception.

What do you mean by 'none of those few I noticed'?

Edited by EricTh

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

I think they dropped the age requirement from 65 to 55 after a few days for the Pfizer shot. It was preplanned and not an exception.

What do you mean by 'none of those few I noticed'?

This was the first day. I think they saw they would have enough vaccines that day and let him get his earlier than his group was scheduled. It was an exception to the announced criteria for that day if he didn’t have any co morbidities.

There were several hundred people there. A large majority were Western men who looked like they were in the 65-70 age range. I was only paying attention to those people close to me and a handful did not look as old as 65. Those few individuals were all Asian looking. No conclusion, just a small observation.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, orang37 said:

Assuming you have "Wall" ID, but, no appointment notification, yet ...

Walk-in possible this week anywhere in CM  ?

thanks, ~o:37;

Not sure whether there is any more vaccination done at McCormick.

I think you have to wait for the next round. Just call them at the phone number below.

238937040_369102727989455_4434767982822295856_n.thumb.jpg.5a308576e7fa31ae1b5bcea8a68c7484.jpg

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, islandguy said:

This was the first day. I think they saw they would have enough vaccines that day and let him get his earlier than his group was scheduled. It was an exception to the announced criteria for that day if he didn’t have any co morbidities.

There were several hundred people there. A large majority were Western men who looked like they were in the 65-70 age range. I was only paying attention to those people close to me and a handful did not look as old as 65. Those few individuals were all Asian looking. No conclusion, just a small observation.

East Asians usually look younger than Western men of the same age. I met one East Asian at the vaccination center who is 60 years old but still have all black hair and look like 40s.

Edited by EricTh

57 minutes ago, EricTh said:

East Asians usually look younger than Western men of the same age. I met one East Asian at the vaccination center who is 60 years old but still have all black hair and look like 40s.

Agreed, I had the same thought. Also, I should have said that a large majority of the people there were Westerners, both men and women. Maybe 70/30 with about 30% (rough estimate) being Western women of the same age group.

On 9/6/2021 at 8:15 AM, orang37 said:

Assuming you have "Wall" ID, but, no appointment notification, yet ...

Walk-in possible this week anywhere in CM  ?

thanks, ~o:37;

September 9th Promenada. Passport and 13 digit number just walk in. Already posted on this forum.