The true cost of paradise.

swissie

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Can't say I see much difference in pricing since I came her in 2009.

A lot of geezers here have been here longer than 10 years.  

Certainly, earnings from their savings, in the form of bank interest, has decreased in recent years.  

Again, my advice to the member was not to financially trap themselves in Thailand.  Things can, and do, change here.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Thumbs up on this one! Can’t or don’t see anyone disagreeing with you!

not the honest ones anyway!

well done!????????

Thanks.

If members think it's bad advice, I have no problems discussing it.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Leaver said:

Exactly the mentality I addressed in my post.  

Why would that have to return to their home country when there are many other options available?  Eg.  Vietnam, or Bali.

There seems to be the mentality that Thailand is the be all and end all, and if one can not stay here, their only other option is going back to their home country.    

I went home because I wasn't financial enough to afford medical insurance and I can't get the pension there, so I was living on savings. I had assumed that I'd be able to get the pension, but I was wrong.

However, even if I had enough to go live in Vietnam, the Philippines, or Cambodia I was too old and too tired to start from scratch. It took me many years to learn enough about Thailand to feel comfortable there, and I had never been to any of them. Perhaps if I were younger and fitter I would.

The saying, "a better day in LOS........................" once again suggests Thailand is the centre of the universe, when, in my opinion, it's appears to be rapidly losing it shine for many here over recent times, including western tourists.

It was the center of MY universe. I was doing a lot of traveling at the time I discovered Thailand and after I had stayed a few times I had no desire to go elsewhere. When one finds paradise why would one go elsewhere?

Sometimes I wish I had tried other places, but I never regret spending so much time there.

The way it is now though, had I only recently arrived for the first time I doubt I'd have been so enraptured by the place, but the difference for me is that I know where the treasures are that a tourist will never find.

I never suggested you were trapped here, but many are.

Once again, there are many other options than just having to go back to the UK.  

No one with a British etc passport is trapped. They must have at least 400,000 to be able to extend a visa, and that is ample to return to home country should they wish to do so.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The way it is now though, had I only recently arrived for the first time I doubt I'd have been so enraptured by the place, but the difference for me is that I know where the treasures are that a tourist will never find.

You need to write a book. With all that knowledge of hidden treasures you could share you could make enough to return to live like a king. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

You need to write a book. With all that knowledge of hidden treasures you could share you could make enough to return to live like a king. 

I could write a book about Thailand and its hidden treasures, but I doubt I'd make much money. There are already hundreds of books published about almost every aspect of LOS. I'd just be joining a crowded field.

What would be viable IMO would be a proper VDO travel documentary series of Thailand. Unfortunately such would cost large and I don't know anyone willing to give me loadsacash to do anything.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I could write a book about Thailand and its hidden treasures, but I doubt I'd make much money. There are already hundreds of books published about almost every aspect of LOS. I'd just be joining a crowded field.

What would be viable IMO would be a proper VDO travel documentary series of Thailand. Unfortunately such would cost large and I don't know anyone willing to give me loadsacash to do anything.

Don't ask me. ????

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yeah, it has been beaten to death.  For text only, nothing really beat the World sex guide of 25 years ago.  Latley, the trend has been to ignore p4p action and/or hot chicks walking around... Kind if makes one wonder where their heads are at.. And please save your breath on liking and subscribing. 

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 1:55 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I believe Kadilo was actually taking the <deleted>.

• Haha 2