Shaving !

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

Nothing to do with a modern craze in my case. Already said in another post my dislike to see beard growth. I also find under arm and pubic hair unsightly and have done for decades, not to mention a bacterial breeding ground irrespective of how many times a day your shower. But each to his own. Some Romanian women have so much under arm hair they sell it off for wigs

Told  my Wife if  she ever chops  hers  off Im divorcing  her. (I was referring to baldy cocks not facial hair) oh  yeah Wife doesnt  have a cock before we go down that alley, well  not since the op anyway.

The skin on your genital region is delicate. Pubic hair acts like a protective buffer, reducing friction during sex and other activities. Some sources even refer to pubic hair as a “dry lubricant.” That's because it's easier to rub hair against hair than it is to rub skin against skin.

• Haha 1

Gillette 3 disposable but I buy 3 or 4 packs of 15 in Australia, much cheaper than Thailand.

A small amount of shampoo, add a little water and use that to wash my face well and to remove dust, dead skin, excess oil which clings to the whiskers.

Repeat: small amount of shampoo and water (as a shaving cream), spread it well all over shaving area, ensure the more difficult area (e.g. just above both corners of the mouth) are well covered.

Now a shave using small strokes. Then plenty of warm (or cold) water to do a complete rinse.

Five or 6 minutes, excellent clean shave, no problems whatever with skin reactions/rashes. 

Add after shave if you wish (I don't). 

All done 5 minutes. 

Three to 4 times  week (or when my grandkids complain that my whiskers hurt their faces).

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Told  my Wife if  she ever chops  hers  off Im divorcing  her. (I was referring to baldy cocks not facial hair) oh  yeah Wife doesnt  have a cock before we go down that alley, well  not since the op anyway.

The skin on your genital region is delicate. Pubic hair acts like a protective buffer, reducing friction during sex and other activities. Some sources even refer to pubic hair as a “dry lubricant.” That's because it's easier to rub hair against hair than it is to rub skin against skin.

3 litres of Astroglyde fixes that problem 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Got myself a Chinese rip of a famous German razor, Merker Futur for $10.

100 blades another $10, I use about 5 blades a year, shave around 3x a week.

Foam is too expensive, soap and a brush ....... soap lasts more than a year.

Works a treat and costs almost nothing.

Electric always burned my skin.

https://th.aliexpress.com/item/32791325508.html

merkur-futur-safety-razor-polished-chrome_592x760.jpg

I bought the same razor as you. I also use a parker variant adjustable.  use a brush and  Whitebeards soap from Lazada only about 60 baht.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

Im my opinion those razors that Britman and I and others use are cheaper and give a good shave often smoother then gilette only problem is that you do get cut easier if your fast.

If you like your fast shave and like the results don't bother to change. If you want to save some money and are willing to learn how to operate one of those shavers then its a good way to go. The copy that Britman posted is a good one you can set how much of the blade is free so how big the chance of cutting is. With a low setting its quite safe but takes a bit more time. 

But the money saved is huge. I also have one of those old fashioned brushes and a tub of foam (it lasts me a year). The blades are really cheap so its a relative big saving.

With age i've grown a  ruddy  great  mole  on my face right on my chin its  like a third  eye, Im always  chopping that off when shaving.

When I was  younger my Dad often used to suggest  running a blowlamp round my  face for me.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

Just now, Rampant Rabbit said:

With age i've grown a  ruddy  great  mole  on my face right on my chin its  like a third  eye, Im always  chopping that off when shaving.

I also got some parts that are often cut. Usually small spots or parts of small scars. I think gilette is the safest way to shave but with practice those other razors can be quite safe and good too. Still with the gilette i often shaved under the shaver really fast with just a small mirror. For the new shaver i take a bit more time in front of a bigger mirror and go slower.

• Like 1

Just now, robblok said:

I also got some parts that are often cut. Usually small spots or parts of small scars. I think gilette is the safest way to shave but with practice those other razors can be quite safe and good too. Still with the gilette i often shaved under the shaver really fast with just a small mirror. For the new shaver i take a bit more time in front of a bigger mirror and go slower.

Flymo.....you  know it makes sense.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Bearded people, good for you !

I used to shave every 3rd day, then I let it go for about a week and ended up stopping as the Mrs said she likes it and it suites my face, now I am the hanhum man in the house ????

I purchased a Phiilips electrical multi-groomer which trims the beard down, i.e. once a week, and also use the Gillette 3 razor to do under the chin, on top of the sides on the cheeks and in between the chin (goatie) area just under the lips.

The multi-groomer also comes with attachments for nose hair, which beats the old tweezer treatment, and attachments to trim your hair if you want to, I also use the nose attachment to do the hair growing out of my ears, and the same attachment for the beard on the eyebrows, so no Groucho Marx eyebrows look here.

I find cleaning the Gillette 3 razors with the bum gun to be better than under the tap as the pressure gets all of the hair that the tap can't get out, meaning I get to use them many more times this way, as they are not cheap. I also stock up on them when on special at say half price, e.g. 420 down to 210, even though I don't really use them that much, but you will be surprised on the savings over time.

50 Latest Beard Styles For Men With Pictures (2021 Best Beard Designs) •  The Good Look Book

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I used to shave every 3rd day, then I let it go for about a week and ended up stopping as the Mrs said she likes it and it suites my face, now I am the hanhum man in the house ????

I purchased a Phiilips electrical multi-groomer which trims the beard down, i.e. once a week, and also use the Gillette 3 razor to do under the chin, on top of the sides on the cheeks and in between the chin (goatie) area just under the lips.

The multi-groomer also comes with attachments for nose hair, which beats the old tweezer treatment, and attachments to trim your hair if you want to, I also use the nose attachment to do the hair growing out of my ears, and the same attachment for the beard on the eyebrows, so no Groucho Marx eyebrows look here.

I find cleaning the Gillette 3 razors with the bum gun to be better than under the tap as the pressure gets all of the hair that the tap can't get out, meaning I get to use them many more times this way, as they are not cheap. I also stock up on them when on special at say half price, e.g. 420 down to 210, even though I don't really use them that much, but you will be surprised on the savings over time.

50 Latest Beard Styles For Men With Pictures (2021 Best Beard Designs) •  The Good Look Book

Well actually I always use a special purpose nasal hair trimmer, again a Philips.  Previously I used to buy the cheaper ones but they vibrated so much the wife kept stealing them from me ????

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Got  your  moneys worth outta  those  glasses????

Yeah, I've had that style since I was about 15 years old.  But I do need to get back to the eye doc. Been about 10 years now.

• Like 1

Just now, sipi said:

I'm not sure what the wife uses to shave me. I just sit there with my eyes closed drifting in and out of consciousness while she lathers me up and scratches away.

It must be  like having a nightmare, but what is it like when she has finished with the top of your head and she starts to move down your body ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Yeah, I've had that style since I was about 15 years old.  But I do need to get back to the eye doc. Been about 10 years now.

Sure you can still see where to go ?????