Shaving !

CharlieH

On 6/18/2021 at 9:23 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

Someitmes the haircut  guy  will  give me a great shave for 20 baht, proper  cut throat job.

I would never let a guy cut my hair, it has to be a girl or woman.

On 6/18/2021 at 9:43 AM, Damrongsak said:

Shaving? 

1977 in Thailand: image.png

Wedding day 1978: image.png.aa167867d68f037f694c1ee9766149ca.png

19xx when my wife went back for 2 years:   image.png.0ca8a1e7051655739e3e8f0254432bd8.png

2020:  image.png.d6e646986378a24ed5b97c9edb5f1a14.png

Shaving is overrated.

If you see a handsome guy sitting, make sure you don't sit next to me. ????

Edited by possum1931
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Have you tried waxing? Problem solved permanently, or so I understand.

Not posting one that shows it all but this one gives you an impression.Lots more on youtube.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I've observed Thai women get more excited by the sight of a wallet, than with the smell of an aftershave. Unless, of course, one is so hansum they give freebies.

I've had a beard for most of my adult life, albeit a neat one. Although Thai women are reputed to detest beards, I've never found it to be an impediment.

"Although Thai women are reputed to detest beards, I've never found it to be an impediment." That's only because you have a thick wallet.????

Here in Thailand usually shave. Use disposables. My last electric razor was a joke, left loads of stubble and actually left my face sore. Cheap ones just do not work. The free razors you get in Thai hotels are terrible, about as sharp as a pair of scissors, always thrown away after one use. Likewise many Thai disposables are poor quality, I buy mine in the UK, 2 years supply and half the price.

Soap - shaving foam is expensive here and you do not need it. Often just use shaving brush and normal hard soap, but the blade does clog up. Best results use liquid hand soap -a quick swirl of the blade in water and it is clean, no clogging.

Shave every couple of days or when going out (pre-covid).

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have used Gillette Fusion for years, and never scratch myself like I did with the non battery ones, but yes, they are expensive, though very comfortable.

I used to buy my Gillette Fusion here in Thailand, but they don't last as long as the ones in the UK. I can only imagine they are fakes. I tried Amazon but they are charging almost double the price to send them to Thailand.

Bloody cheats, so I just have to buy them in Thailand not knowing whether they are fakes or not.

23 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I used to buy my Gillette Fusion here in Thailand, but they don't last as long as the ones in the UK. I can only imagine they are fakes. I tried Amazon but they are charging almost double the price to send them to Thailand.

Bloody cheats, so I just have to buy them in Thailand not knowing whether they are fakes or not.

You can check if they are real.

https://www.thecounterfeitreport.com/product/113/Gillette-Fusion-Razor-Blades.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2021 at 2:41 PM, Ralf001 said:

My lady shares my gear to keep her bits in tune.... IT REALLY DOES MATTER.

Shouldn't be sharing razors or clippers.  A lot of nasties can be shared.  Eg. Hep and HIV. 

But I am sure your girl is different.   

7 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How well do you know your Brother in Law?  ????

Reasonably well, poor sap is a truck driver back home.... drives round the clock to support his wife and 6 children.

given his lack of time at home Iam not sure all 6 children are his  but they are all white and have brown hair so he accepts they are his.

Edited by Ralf001

41 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Reasonably well, poor sap is a truck driver back home.... drives round the clock to support his wife and 6 children.

given his lack of time at home Iam not sure all 6 children are his  but they are all white and have brown hair so he accepts they are his.

I suppose it depends on who bought him the truck.  ???? 

On 6/18/2021 at 8:15 AM, BritManToo said:

Got myself a Chinese rip of a famous German razor, Merker Futur for $10.

100 blades another $10, I use about 5 blades a year, shave around 3x a week.

Foam is too expensive, soap and a brush ....... soap lasts more than a year.

Works a treat and costs almost nothing.

Electric always burned my skin.

https://th.aliexpress.com/item/32791325508.html

merkur-futur-safety-razor-polished-chrome_592x760.jpg

I looked at this before but seem difficult to order, for a start the price says US $11.46 - 14.34 which is it?

Just now, clivebaxter said:

I looked at this before but seem difficult to order, for a start the price says US $11.46 - 14.34 which is it?

Those prices depend on how many you order. Its a wholesale offer.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 9:05 AM, Crossy said:

Yeah, I just discovered this as my usual Foamy was out of stock. Seems pretty OK for me.

Gillette Mach-3 razor, I can get a month out of one blade as I'm still at the bum-fluff stage (at 62), even on work days I can get away with only shaving every other day and weekends / public holidays mean the razor has a break too.

I binned the Gillette Foamy as it was too "Foamy"  and didn't have any substance to it.  Someone, on here, suggested LONDON PRIDE Shaving Cream, and I think its better (My Op)

BTW, It's made by the same company here in Thailand.

Again, thanks to this site, I bought Gillette Razor and Blades when I first came here, but didn't do it for me, ( I prefer Wilkinson ).

Then someone posted,  that SCHICK was the same as Wilkinson. Happy days,  Bathroom Cabinet now full of Wilkie Blades and London Pride.

Blades expensive, but I caught a BOGOF Offer on Lazada. Didn't need a Razor as the Blades fitted my Wilkie Razor

I shave every day, as I have a tough beard, also do the the BONCE every 2 days. 

Whoever posted the Schick and London Pride info, Thanks guys !

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 2:36 PM, LawrenceN said:

Mug & brush for me. I'm using a ceramic mug that I have had for 40 years. I buy those Williams round bars when I'm in the States. 

My everyday razor is a 5-blade job from Watson's. I was on a Caribbean cruise ten years ago. One freebie was a Schick 5-blade razor. I was hooked immediately. I still have that Schick in my travel kit. I would make it my daily razor, but the blades aren't sold in Thailand, so I use them slowly in my travel kit, and stock up in the US. The Watson's razors are almost as good. 

And I lied about my "everyday razor." Like many of you, I'm every other day. 

You can buy  Schick 5 Blades In Thailand from Lazada. 

SCHICK HYDRO 5 and come in a 4 Pack. 

They tend to sell out quickly, but the Seller will advise you when they are in stock if you ask,

• Thanks 1

I became so disgusted by the price of blades, that I just kept my last "Gilette Mach-3 Turbo" blade ... and have managed to use it for eight or nine months now.

Shave with it every second day, just using bath-soap, and large, quick strokes ... and use an electric one afterwards for any missed or difficult spots.

You have to strop the blade before each use (e.g. against fabric and then your forearm) - and occassionally soak it in boiling water if it gets clogged.

It can be a little painful: so use quick strokes - the same principle as in pulling off a band-aid plaster.

15 minutes ago, law ling said:

I became so disgusted by the price of blades, that I just kept my last "Gilette Mach-3 Turbo" blade ... and have managed to use it for eight or nine months now.

Shave with it every second day, just using bath-soap, and large, quick strokes ... and use an electric one afterwards for any missed or difficult spots.

You have to strop the blade before each use (e.g. against fabric and then your forearm) - and occassionally soak it in boiling water if it gets clogged.

It can be a little painful: so use quick strokes - the same principle as in pulling off a band-aid plaster.

I think you mean razors rather than price of blades ? I agree disposable razors are just crazy in price. I reverted to the traditional razor with disposable blades where its just 95b for 100 blades ! By far the most economical way I think.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, law ling said:

Living the dream in Thailand,.  ????

• Haha 2