Phuket Sandbox: Few visitors says bank's research team

webfact

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

The scheme is now being restricted to tourists only. Not available to expats.

Well those in category 4) are hardly going to declare there main purpose and those in cat 1) will no doubt wherever possible come in as  tourist if it is the only way of seeing their families. Even with visa exempt on a 30 day at least half that time they will see their family, better than nothing maybe ?

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Well those in category 4) are hardly going to declare there main purpose and those in cat 1) will no doubt wherever possible come in as  tourist if it is the only way of seeing their families. Even with visa exempt on a 30 day at least half that time they will see their family, better than nothing maybe ?

Do that and you will automatically lose your right to renew your annual extension of stay and would have to start the whole non-O process again.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well to be serious I can think of a few

1) People who have families living there

2) People who have, or thought they had, a business there

3) People who bought property there many of whom at grossly inflated prices there

4) Drug dealers as it is  renowned location for freely available drugs

5. SURFERS

6. Those that wish to see phuket's green season san tourists<
wont happen again

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

Not the case always. I know somebody who lives in Phuket with his family and have done so for some time.  He does not have an extension of stay as he has not needed it for some time due to the fact he works overseas on a 6 on/2 off routine so only enters(did) on visa free status and had been doing so for sometime. He has not been back for a very long time due to these restrictions but is hoping, despite all the ridiculous hoops he will have to go thro' to at least see them for the first time in over 18 months, albeit for a short time till his return to work.

Doesn't apply to me. I live full time in Thailand with my Thai family.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

I was doing that for years as well on a  28/28 rotation, visa exempt status, until finally at one point on arrival an IO flipping through all my visa exempt stamps politely suggested I should get a Non O, which I did........... wasn't sure if I was headed for problems continuing. 

You was lucky they wasn't going to let a mate of mine in one night, I think only because his wife and kids were waiting for him at the airport, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JCP108 said:

No. Concern about low vaccination rates in Thailand does not have anything to do with my delaying my coming to the Kingdom. I'm vaccinated and not too worried about the risk of getting seriously ill from Covid. My not coming now has to do with so many required PCR tests (at my cost and each one risking me of getting a false positive and ending up with a useless 14-day hospital stay), possibly having to wear a gps wrist bracelet, and being tracked by an app that also could be hacked and expose my personal data. If you want me, and other tourists, to come, just let vaccinated people come there with little hassles. 

And added to that no bars or entertainment and all the girls working the buffaloes up home … Well 14 days of Temples should cover it then “;0)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JCP108 said:

No. Concern about low vaccination rates in Thailand does not have anything to do with my delaying my coming to the Kingdom. I'm vaccinated and not too worried about the risk of getting seriously ill from Covid. My not coming now has to do with so many required PCR tests (at my cost and each one risking me of getting a false positive and ending up with a useless 14-day hospital stay), possibly having to wear a gps wrist bracelet, and being tracked by an app that also could be hacked and expose my personal data. If you want me, and other tourists, to come, just let vaccinated people come there with little hassles. 

The tests are pretty cheap and if you get a false positive you would just re-test. 

6 hours ago, JCP108 said:

And there is the trouble with Vaccinated people.

Vaccinated people can get the virus, can be sick with the virus, can spread the virus, and can die from the virus.

They should be treated no differently to non vaccinated.

If you dont want PCR tests, dont travel.  Simple as that. 

Vaccinated and non-Vaccinated should all be tested by PCR the same - to stop the spread of Covid in its many variant forms.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1