Phuket Sandbox: Tourists might be able to drink alcohol in restaurants

webfact

This is completely contradictory to the previous post on the 'easing of restrictions' . That specifically states that the restrictions on the serving of alcohol has not changed and that applies to the Yellow zones.

Let me know if I'm wrong, in which case  the cars getting loaded up for a 500 mile trip south. 

FOUND IT

Screenshot 2021-06-19 at 09.55.23.png

A little improvement for tourists looking for a nice vacation. Perhaps getting rid of the wristband, making folks feel like a criminal, also would help on improving the interest...????

Hotel bookings of 20 percent and a total of 100 airline seats booked on combined THAI flights for first week, according to other news articles today in Thaivisa, won't help much to the nation's lack of tourist income.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

There is a small chance that tourists visiting Phuket under the ‘Sandbox’ project will be able to drink alcohol, albeit in restaurants, when they start arriving from July 1.

there, corrected

There is a small chance that the tourist visiting Phuket under the ‘Sandbox’ project will be able to drink alcohol, albeit in restaurants, when he arrives on July 1.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bolt said:

Great news

my bucket and spade are ready

the wife is flying in from BKK also

we've never been to Phuket so its a win win

Ha Ha ????to all the Doom mongers who said Phuket won't Open, and nobody will visit

Exceptional news for you, however just to put the cat amongst the Pigeons, The Sandbox Project is yet to receive the go ahead and hasn’t gone through the Royal Decree process yet, so is not officially open, also the CCSA have imposed further conditions ie: Not going to happen if Phuket exceeds 90 new infections in a week. I really hope ????all your arrangements come to fruition 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Caldera said:

Come to holiday in beautiful Phuket, where you even might get a glass of wine with your dinner.

you can already enjoy a glass of wine with ur meal and u always have been able to, 

Its just now its served in a paper cup.  ????

• Haha 1