Phuket Sandbox: Tourists might be able to drink alcohol in restaurants

webfact

59 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

Tourists might be able to drink alcohol in restaurants

why take chances!

stay in ones own country, where one can certainly have a drink!

I’ve just gone through most of the posts, and would you believe it “Doom Mongers everywhere

·        It wont happen

·        It’s a waste of money

·        Nobody will come

·        Go somewhere else or Stay home its better

·        No bars forget it

·        Lots of paperwork, tests and extra costs

Its happening

Thailand are using Phuket as a test

Other countries have worse restrictions but let’s not talk about that here.

People will come, because they miss Thailand, (they don’t miss the whinging Poms), slight digression

The ‘Prisoner of Mother England’ thing is an etymological myth. It seems that the word ‘pom’ actually comes from ‘pomegranate’ – the red-skinned fruit – because that’s what the British people’s faces looked like when they encountered the Australian sunshine

I should have taken a picture of my Grandsons soccer practice this morning in the good ole USA.

No masks anywhere...

All venues OPEN

AND I could have had a beer while sitting watching him practicing!

The pandemic is OVER....with the vaccinations.

My normal fall retirement travel to The LOS will not happen if I have to quarantine to get in! The one last year nearly killed me sitting in that room (and paying for it) like a prisoner.

There are many closer areas to visit this winter. St Lucia, Mexico, Costa Rica...etc.

All allowing vaccinated folks in with very little hassle.

I figure at least $4000 USD to enter (and quarantine) in LOS! 
Get the country vaccinated, open up and stop this insanity!

I know you all font want to hear it, but is IS so nice to be back to normal life....without that stinking mask!

Cheers!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PumpkinEater said:

the good ole USA.

No masks anywhere...

All venues OPEN

The pandemic is OVER....with the vaccinations

I think that all depends on what state you are in. If you're in one of the "red" states where vaccination uptake has been poor, expect variant "D" or some yet unknown variant to wreak havoc.

Canada is opening up in some of the provinces, and guess what. Where the restaurants and bars are open

people can drink alcohol, beer, wine, whiskey, or what ever.    I will be bleeped if I am going half way around the world

for a Might clause.  Try again Government and TAT of Thailand. You can do much better.

Geezer

• Like 1

"Tourists might be able to drink alcohol in restaurants"

And tourists might be able to recognize that Thailand is NOT ready for anything resembling a tourist destination any time soon. Before I was thinking 6 months from now...now a year.

7 hours ago, bolt said:

I’ve just gone through most of the posts, and would you believe it “Doom Mongers everywhere

·        It wont happen

Its happening

People will come, because they miss Thailand, (they don’t miss the whinging Poms), slight digression

The ‘Prisoner of Mother England’ thing is an etymological myth. It seems that the word ‘pom’ actually comes from ‘pomegranate’ – the red-skinned fruit – because that’s what the British people’s faces looked like when they encountered the Australian sunshine

Yeah, I do miss Thailand, but if you think people who miss Thailand are gonna put up with this ridiculous "sandbox" cluster F with the GPS "wrist watch", possible false positive covid tests, forced pre-determined itineraries to different islands, restaurants/bars/entertainment shut down, then I cannot fathom how you process how most humans think.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PumpkinEater said:

I should have taken a picture of my Grandsons soccer practice this morning in the good ole USA.

No masks anywhere...

All venues OPEN

The pandemic is OVER....with the vaccinations.

My normal fall retirement travel to The LOS will not happen if I have to quarantine to get in! The one last year nearly killed me sitting in that room (and paying for it) like a prisoner.

There are many closer areas to visit this winter. St Lucia, Mexico, Costa Rica...etc.

All allowing vaccinated folks in with very little hassle.

I figure at least $4000 USD to enter (and quarantine) in LOS! 
Get the country vaccinated, open up and stop this insanity!

I know you all font want to hear it, but is IS so nice to be back to normal life....without that stinking mask!

Cheers!

Agreed. My town opened up in September LAST YEAR as cases and deaths dropped dramatically BEFORE the vaccines became available. What baffles me is the EU and Canada supposedly have robust socialized health care...yet they sure are slow to get their population vaccinated and their countries opened up. So much for socialized health care.

• Haha 1

It's very generous of Thailand to let us foreigners drink in restaurants.

We should be giving something back. How about a 500% tax on all drinks bought by foreigners? That would make me feel even more welcome. ????

19 hours ago, khunPer said:

A little improvement for tourists looking for a nice vacation. Perhaps getting rid of the wristband, making folks feel like a criminal, also would help on improving the interest...????

Hotel bookings of 20 percent and a total of 100 airline seats booked on combined THAI flights for first week, according to other news articles today in Thaivisa, won't help much to the nation's lack of tourist income.

You forgot to mention that ' according to some previous news' you might get hotel rooms at 1 USD / night.555555 Ladies and massage included...????

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WingFat said:

Agreed. My town opened up in September LAST YEAR as cases and deaths dropped dramatically BEFORE the vaccines became available. What baffles me is the EU and Canada supposedly have robust socialized health care...yet they sure are slow to get their population vaccinated and their countries opened up. So much for socialized health care.

That may be very well correct, then again none of the vaccine manufacturers or governments pretended to be socializing. 

12 hours ago, bolt said:

·        It wont happen

Its happening

Was it on purpose you forgot the South African sun????

Hotels 20% booked.  Of the 30% compared to 2019 that are open?   Hard to believe this.  I will wait to read about how they issue an  admission of this failed idea.  

If it does fail after sending all the shots to Phuket rather than HCW, and at risk people the minions may be like a  kicked hornets nest

Edited by Elkski

8 hours ago, nkg said:

Which ones? North Korea?

one example

Australia

Currently foreigners CANNOT enter, and residents need to have permission to leave the country

Thailand anyone can enter

Residents don’t need permission to leave 

8 hours ago, WingFat said:

I don't think we had the Delta Variant last September, so maybe things have changed ????

10 hours ago, FarangJon said:

I really cant stop laughing while reading the daily monkey show news considering Phuket/1.July opening ????

No one will come.

i'm going, and ther people will come, i wont comment on why, but they will travel 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WingFat said:

Yeah, I do miss Thailand, but if you think people who miss Thailand are gonna put up with this ridiculous "sandbox" cluster F with the GPS "wrist watch", possible false positive covid tests, forced pre-determined itineraries to different islands, restaurants/bars/entertainment shut down, then I cannot fathom how you process how most humans think.

I agree tourists shouldn’t travel this year, unless it domestic travel

But lots and lots of people THINK its safe, so who am I to criticise them for booking trips to Phuket

People actually this pandemic is over, they think being vaccinated has killed the virus.  ????????

In my opinion nobody has received an actual vaccine yet, we’ve all received a suppressant only   

It sounds way better to get vaccinated rather than take a suppressant

Edited by bolt

On 6/20/2021 at 12:10 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

Canada is opening up in some of the provinces, and guess what.

and so ??   To enter Canada without quarantine one needs to be either a vaccinated Canadian citizen or a vaccinated permanent resident to Canada and its not the WHO vaccination approved that counts - no its the more restrictive Canada approved vaccination list that matters to qualify for no quarantine.  

Further, the citizenship/residency requirement alone makes it more strict than Phuket for entry as anyone not a Canadian nor a permanent resident has more of an issue to enter Canada. 

Edited by oldcpu