Thailand confirms reopening plan from 1 July 2021

webfact

"Travellers must have a COVID-19 health insurance policy with a minimum coverage of US$100,000."

This would be the true deal breaker, if I were a tourist. Plenty of "exotic" places that don't impose these absurd requirements.

9 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I find it impossible to imagine potential tourists sitting down, reading through all of this and saying......yep.......this is where we're are going for our summer holidays..........it can only be for people who need to be here surely?????

Agreed its not a reopening for tourists but anything that makes it easier to go in and out is fine by me. 

IF and its a big IF 14 days (16 probably) lol wandering around Phuket even if bars etc are closed is waaaaay better than doing a third round of quarantine in a Bangkok hotel for mine.

• Like 1

I was just wondering how many PCR test will be required, i see that it only mentions one test on arrival and then off to your hotel and await the result before being allowed out from your hotel to enjoy Phuket, i have seen in previous post that a total of 3 PCR test were required, has that been dropped to the one test on arrival, plus the test 72 hours before traveling, if it's only one test on arrival it would be great as most hospital charge 3000 to 4000 per PCR test and that's a big expense for travelers. any one know what the requirements will be

4 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

The key is that the Thai people must be safe, who cares about the foreigners ?

You have to hand it to them for at least being honest for a change.

But I digress;  what about when the plans change, and you've already bought your ticket and have to pay for it?  How about if you test positive before leaving your home country?  What if you test positive when you land?

I have no sympathy for anyone who has any issues travelling with all these question marks hanging around.  That's just me though, disagree with me it's no problem.  

The goal posts change daily, sometimes several times a day.  It would be foolish to book a ticket under these guidelines that can change in a heartbeat.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, connda said:

Remember when it was simply
1) get off the plane,
2) get a Visa-on-arrival,
3) get ripped off by the taxi mafia,
4) and then have fun?

Who in their right mind will wade into this over-regulated maelstrom?  I have a suggestion:
*** Pre-Arrival
1) Go to a psychiatrist and get your head examined

The list is longer than a jet airplane flying manual. I quit reading after the first two lines. Pure comedy.

Edited by rabang

I remember reading a novel once -the name of it escapes me now - in which the main propagandist spent his time making detailed plans that he knew would never come to fruition, even while he was making them. But given his circumstances it was the only means he had to justify his existence to himself.

The TAT is like that now. It can't admit to itself and others that foreign tourism is dead in the water, and that until the pandemic is over, it (the TAT) is without a purpose for its existence. Consequently it draws up these schemes that everyone knows are fantasy because to face reality would be too painful.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Blumpie said:

You have to hand it to them for at least being honest for a change.

But I digress;  what about when the plans change, and you've already bought your ticket and have to pay for it?  How about if you test positive before leaving your home country?  What if you test positive when you land?

I have no sympathy for anyone who has any issues travelling with all these question marks hanging around.  That's just me though, disagree with me it's no problem.  

The goal posts change daily, sometimes several times a day.  It would be foolish to book a ticket under these guidelines that can change in a heartbeat.

I fully agree with you. So far I have conviced 4 couples with total 5 children NOT to travel to Thailand this year, showing them the hoops they have to go trough and the risks you describe in your post. They all booked their vacation in other countries.

On 6/19/2021 at 4:06 AM, webfact said:

Arrival

• Undergo Immigration and Customs procedures, and a COVID-19 screening, including RT-PCR tests;
  • Download and install the alert application;
  • Go directly to your reserved hotel to await the test results

Wake me up when the world is back to normal, I am not a hostage. 

9 minutes ago, balo said:

Wake me up when the world is back to normal, I am not a hostage. 

Really?

Everyone in the world is a hostage to this nonsense in some way.

You certainly are if you are Australian.

Prisoner maybe the more accurate word.

18 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

I fully agree with you. So far I have conviced 4 couples with total 5 children NOT to travel to Thailand this year, showing them the hoops they have to go trough and the risks you describe in your post. They all booked their vacation in other countries.

You have done well to sound the alarm.

Indeed, imagine suddenly testing positive and being dragged off to some "field hospital"..even if Asymptomatic.

I cant imagine anyone wanting to take on that risk, aside from all the other hoops.

I'd  really feel sorry for any traveller that doesnt know about this and gets caught up in it unawares.

Especially at the end when they go to charge you for the privelege, and you've missed your flight back home. 

What a nightmare.

6 hours ago, pookondee said:

You have done well to sound the alarm.

Indeed, imagine suddenly testing positive and being dragged off to some "field hospital"..even if Asymptomatic.

I cant imagine anyone wanting to take on that risk, aside from all the other hoops.

I'd  really feel sorry for any traveller that doesnt know about this and gets caught up in it unawares.

Especially at the end when they go to charge you for the privelege, and you've missed your flight back home. 

What a nightmare.

Amazing Thailand even more amazing but in a negative way.

While watching  Sky News in London Sunday Evening I was surprised to see a report about the Phuket Sandbox, makes me wonder how much the T.A.T. had to put in the Brown envelope it gave to the reporter Ms Robbins to run the story and try and get some Brits to come for a 2 week DESERTED Island stay. ???? Oh! it didn't mention there was no alcohol, that will certainly remove the probability of many if any Brits coming.

R.I.P. Tourism Thailand.