Experience?

On 6/21/2021 at 4:18 AM, Kadilo said:

Why? Half of TV are on here instead of speaking with the missus…,.., but of course that dont count. 

Probably because whenever they talk to their missus, there's usually a request for money.  ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The same as always - what they are taught by their parents while growing up.

No wonder why some have a hard time.

Build a solid foundation, teach them how to think - not what to think, and they are well on their way.

They can then experience all that the modern world throws at them, but the core of their being will remain.

They can sort the trash, which comes and goes, from the gems - which always remain.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's even got things like a decent public transport system, though it might not be "modern" enough for some.

Hopefully, they can get the taxi meters to work here in the next decade.  That would really bring Thailand into the modern age.   ????

Edited by Leaver

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It'd be interesting for @Leaverto explain why he thinks it isn't modern?

As I look around Pattaya I see a lot of homeless people, and we've all see the queues for food handouts here.

Here's a novel idea for a modern Thailand, how about some subsistence money for those here who can't even feed themselves?  Currently, they are living like Soi dogs, looking in rubbish bins for food and sleeping rough.  

Do you think such an idea would be a little too "modern" for Thailand, BMT?  After all, Thailand is one of the more wealthy countries in South East Asia.

I'm still trying to work out if having a military government in power for the last 7 years, and for the foreseeable future, is a "modern" Thailand, and if the huge corruption problem here is "modern" Thailand also.  What are your thoughts on these, BMT?      

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2021 at 12:08 AM, Leaver said:

Thailand is not the modern world.  

59 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Is Thailand not on planet earth?  

You can refresh your memory with the quoted posts I have attached above.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

As I look around Pattaya I see a lot of homeless people, and we've all see the queues for food handouts here.

Here's a novel idea for a modern Thailand, how about some subsistence money for those here who can't even feed themselves?  Currently, they are living like Soi dogs, looking in rubbish bins for food and sleeping rough.  

Most major UK cities have been like that for the past 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some might say the same thing about all of us chatting here in a forum rather than in a pub or with friends or family. What have we lost? The conversations last forever rather than just a night.

Life goes on and people find meaning and happiness in whatever situation they are born into. Was the past so wonderful? Yes, but now we realize how much we ignored and how many people suffered to keep that happiness.

The young will survive driven by love and all the same things they always have.

On 6/20/2021 at 1:11 AM, starky said:

Get a grip? Lol says the bloke there has been no music made since the 90s and only black and white movies count. Just because your references are caught in the past why assume young people have no reference. Yours is a false preference but it will probably garner a lot of support from the staid, geriatrics that form a part of this forum.

I was in a kicking bar in Bahrain and asked the manager why it was so great. His answer: 'We don't  play any music made after 1985'.

• Like 2

Every generation rails against the changes to the world it grew up in, and the strivings of the younger generation to make it their own.  Always has been so, always will be so.  And a bunch of scared old men who can't understand what has happened to the world (doing so, ironically, on an online social media forum), won't make a blind bit of difference to this.  David Bowie knew it:

“And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations.
They're quite aware of what they're going through".

18 hours ago, ballpoint said:

And a bunch of scared old men who can't understand what has happened to the world (doing so, ironically, on an online social media forum), won't make a blind bit of difference to this. 

I'm not scared, I'm just PO at the damage they are wreaking on the world through their ignorance and faddism.

Lots of stuff was very bad in my lifetime, so I'm not saying it was perfect, but it was certainly a more liveable world for old people eg my aged parents got looked after way better than old people are now and medical care is far harder to access unless wealthy now.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2021 at 2:11 AM, AlexRich said:

In the old days kids wanted to be a fireman or a doctor … now they want to be “famous” or an “influencer”

In the old days few kids became a fireman or a doctor,now even fewer will become

famous or "influencer"

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Leaver said:

Is Thailand not on planet earth?  

I don't think so either.... another plane of reality where I am a handsome man... and money comes out of a hole in the wall near the bank... 

M I AM I or am I in Miami? 

9 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

not to you of course, but there sure are some folk out there making a hefty living.. 

Kanye, JayZ, Beyonce, - - even Dylan has some new stuff.... 

The benefits of a large population is that anyone can become rich by getting a lot of people to pay for something, even if what they produce is only attractive to a minority of the population. Even the punk bands made money because they appealed to enough people.

It doesn't mean that what they make is any good though.

Dylan, he's one of my heroes, but a man of the 60s/ 70s IMO.

There is a reason that 60s and 70s music still has dedicated radio channels while the current fads will die and never be heard again, IMO.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

not to you of course, but there sure are some folk out there making a hefty living.. 

Kanye, JayZ, Beyonce, - - even Dylan has some new stuff.... 

When ABBA toured Australia they had massive crowds lining the streets from the airport to welcome them. Do you think anyone would wait on the pavement to see Kanye, JayZ, or Beyonce drive by?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When ABBA toured Australia they had massive crowds lining the streets from the airport to welcome them. Do you think anyone would wait on the pavement to see Kanye, JayZ, or Beyonce drive by?

I did not offer an opinion if they are any good or not... or how popular they are to how big an audience... the question posed was are they making any money... and i would guess the ones i mentioned have more than you and I put together...