Close to tears........

Surelynot

28 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Yes thank god......would be a real struggle trying to cope without her........have some 'happy pills' the doctor prescribed me when recovering from a biopsy.......never took any......but tempted to try one or two now...555

If Thailand ones then they don't have any true happy pills here. You have to get them in another country.  Sounds like a pinched nerve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Surelynot said:

The pain started centrally.....and does seem to be shifting to the lefthand side.......can you recommend a muscle relaxant?

Explain your symptons in medicine store , but look that kind store where work professional not some school student. One time i get some needle in clinic also to help that but that was last what i want to do.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Very true....... do an hour a day in the gym........running and weights.....nothing excessive......then bend down to switch a ßloody pedestal fan and boom....crippled.

If you haven't in the past, I suggest you do some extra stretches in the gym and stick to weights that perhaps won't aggravate your back, I say that because I also do weights in the gym to keep the muscle, as opposed to losing it (flab) and have noticed that it doesn't take much for the back to be sensitive well after working out.

I would recommend some Counterpain (deep heat) and do keep it away from your jewels and eyes i.e. unless you want pain in different areas which will make you forget about your back pain.

Also try and do some core exercises when better to strengthen your lower back starting with planks, lots of stuff on YouTube and you won't believe the difference core exercises and stretching does for your back.

Good luck and remember, no pain, no gain, in future use your toes to switch on the fan as I do ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've had this a few times and put it down to twisted muscle . Pain was excruciating unless I remained in a comfortable position which took some discovering. With extreme caution I could stand provided I used no back muscle to do so. Once upright I could slowly shuffle to the toilet and sit down if I kept my back straight. The effected muscle was rock hard but before lights out my wife gafe me a long massage with tiger balm so I was able to sleep a bit.

Took over a week to get back to normal and during that time I could do no work and couldn't lift anything heavy.

• Like 2

Just now, Denim said:

I've had this a few times and put it down to twisted muscle . Pain was excruciating unless I remained in a comfortable position which took some discovering. With extreme caution I could stand provided I used no back muscle to do so. Once upright I could slowly shuffle to the toilet and sit down if I kept my back straight. The effected muscle was rock hard but before lights out my wife gafe me a long massage with tiger balm so I was able to sleep a bit.

Took over a week to get back to normal and during that time I could do no work and couldn't lift anything heavy.

That sounds almost identical.......

15 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Been cursing myself for not doing that.......and I usually do.......don't know why I bent down this one time!!!!!

Maybe you were having a stretch, happens to the best of us, I learnt a while ago to do as my Mrs does with her bottom hands (ape feet) as I call them, i.e. pick things up and turn things on and off with them instead of bending over, although I do prefer her bending over, and I think I know why she doesn't anymore in my presence.

Pepe Le Pew Kissing Meme

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

..can you recommend a muscle relaxant?

Sounds exactly what I suffer with if I'm not careful about getting out of seats, slouching too much,  unexpected exertion in the wrong position, etc.  I put my back out just gagging while being too enthusiastic brushing my teeth on one occasion.   

Arcoxia helps me with the pain, Myonal, a muscle relaxant, relaxes the tense muscles.   I've used both for years and they do help.   

Once I get straightened up I find that walking around helps as opposed to lying around in bed which can be a b ugger getting out of if there's no one to assist, there isn't in my case.

As others have said it should ease a little each day and in a few days it should right itself.   Good luck.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

That sounds almost identical.......

Worst thing is , after a day or two when you think its gone you forget to be careful and WHAM ...back to square one. You have to remember to take it easy for a week. Massage helps but can in itself be a painful pleasure. A good masseuse will pronounce the effected muscle dteung , taut and stiff. Worth spending a couple of hundred baht and going for an ancient massage but explaining that you only want your back worked on and very carefully also.

• Thanks 1

i tried many anti inflamatories,  only one that seemed to help is diclofenac ( i like name brand Cataflam,  not a generic)   

Often one med works for some,   a different one for others.

are you having spasms

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Arcoxia helps me with the pain,

Have some of that left over from an op......also just been reading about getting up and about being the best thing.......not lounging about in bed for days!!!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Denim said:

Worst thing is , after a day or two when you think its gone you forget to be careful and WHAM ...back to square one. You have to remember to take it easy for a week. Massage helps but can in itself be a painful pleasure. A good masseuse will pronounce the effected muscle dteung , taut and stiff. Worth spending a couple of hundred baht and going for an ancient massage but explaining that you only want your back worked on and very carefully also.

One or two places not too far away ......as soon as I feel more confident I think I will do that.

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

OP,   brush up on your thai     practice say  Jep !    also a kindly reminder such as bow bow noi .       Most of my girlfriends tell me that ...............????    (in my dreams)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

i tried many anti inflamatories,  only one that seemed to help is diclofenac ( i like name brand Cataflam,  not a generic)   

Often one med works for some,   a different one for others.

are you having spasms

Not spasms as such (used to get those playing too much golf).....just tensing really as soon as I pluck up the courage to move....555

Just now, Surelynot said:

Not spasms as such (used to get those playing too much golf).....just tensing really as soon as I pluck up the courage to move....555

as others wisely said ( us old folks sure know about hurt backs) ........... rest some,  ice some,

move around a bit ..... little bit by bit.   

Always seems to take a few days to begin to ease up .    Time for Netflix or such

• Thanks 1

Apply Analgesic balm "Counterpain"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTnHSq-4FrnsyjW8Z0zbg

Don't agree with all the pill popping advice unless you absolutely think you need it.

Have you been either oversleeping, over eating, over drinking, over smoking? If your abdominal muscles get flacid or you put on weight this can pull your spine out of alignment and cause lower back nerves to be pinched. After applying analgesic balm or taking a couple of analgesic pills, do not recommend lying in bed, especially if any of the above "over..." scenarios apply. As soon as you can get on your feet, flip your mattress so you will have better back support tonight, and get moving with slow walking (if only in circles around the house) and gentle stretching exercises to loosen up the lower back.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rumak said:

as others wisely said ( us old folks sure know about hurt backs) ........... rest some,  ice some,

move around a bit ..... little bit by bit.   

Always seems to take a few days to begin to ease up .    Time for Netflix or such

Always got the England match to 'look forward' to.......???

If you happen to live in CM  area.............. Dr Chanagan (clinic near Holiday Inn)  is a good choice for evaluation   (if it comes to that) 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gecko123 said:

Apply Analgesic balm "Counterpain"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTnHSq-4FrnsyjW8Z0zbg

Don't agree with all the pill popping advice unless you absolutely think you need it.

Have you been either oversleeping, over eating, over drinking, over smoking? If your abdominal muscles get flacid or you put on weight this can pull your spine out of alignment and cause lower back nerves to be pinched. After applying analgesic balm or taking a couple of analgesic pills, do not recommend lying in bed, especially if any of the above "over..." scenarios apply. As soon as you can get on your feet, flip your mattress so you will have better back support tonight, and get moving with slow walking (if only in circles around the hous) and gentle stretching exercises to loosen up the lower back.

Annoyingly....quite fit for once in my life......I think this was one of those freak moments.......not only did I bend down quickly I had to twist a little to reach the switch..........bang..........just been looking for something like the above in the medicine cabinet.....looks like the wife has a little trip coming up.

Have had this several times always muscular.

If so, it will take some time to get better possibly one month.

I guess you can go to a Doctor but short of that, go to a quality massage place and have them focus on the area that is causing the problem.  Deep tissue for several days at least an hour.  Sure helps me feel better and recover quicker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rumak said:

If you happen to live in CM  area.............. Dr Chanagan (clinic near Holiday Inn)  is a good choice for evaluation   (if it comes to that) 

Cheers....BKK.....just digging out my insurance to see what it covers if it comes to having to pay a visit.

• Like 1

Is your back in spasm, locked up? the back does that in order to protect from further damage, usually osteoarthritis is the cause.

I would suggest starting with physiotherapy, osteotherapy is drastic and if it is addressing the wrong cause, can be dangerous.

Immediate steps would be diclofenac or ibuprofen ( take with food ) plus very gentle massage with Deep Heat ( active ingredients methyl salicylate, menthol, eucalyptus ) or similar. If that eases the symptoms, more of the same. If you get no relief, you may have disc problems and need X'rays.

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Hoping it is my imagination......you know what it is like......read up on symptoms and bang......you have them.

So very true................................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Have had this several times always muscular.

If so, it will take some time to get better possibly one month.

I guess you can go to a Doctor but short of that, go to a quality massage place and have them focus on the area that is causing the problem.  Deep tissue for several days at least an hour.  Sure helps me feel better and recover quicker.

Yes....... reluctant to rush to the doctors.......not (just) because of cost....but to give it time and see what happens....could all settle down and fade away...... fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Is your back in spasm, locked up? the back does that in order to protect from further damage, usually osteoarthritis is the cause.

I would suggest starting with physiotherapy, osteotherapy is drastic and if it is addressing the wrong cause, can be dangerous.

Immediate steps would be diclofenac or ibuprofen ( take with food ) plus very gentle massage with Deep Heat ( active ingredients methyl salicylate, menthol, eucalyptus ) or similar. If that eases the symptoms, more of the same. If you get no relief, you may have disc problems and need X'rays.

Not spasms....used to get those after golf......tremendously powerful......and as you say, there to protect from further damage.

Last paragraph seems to be the general consensus.........praying it does come to disc problems!!!!!