Bangkok Immigration - Mandatory Appointments as of July 19, 2021

They confirmations always go to spam folder in my case.

I have used this online queue system for my 90 day reports since December last year at MTT. It works great and its organized. I had my 8.30am appointment this morning and was done and out by 8.35am. Only about 6 of the 50 attendees this morning arriving between 8-8.30am were using the online queue everyone else was a walk in. 

As of this moment, the booking site is gone.  Blank page.  Also, I thought the link to the online booking site was on their main page (down near the bottom) but I can no longer find that link either.

Maybe they're in the process of updating the whole thing?  Who knows, maybe they'll use their bangkokimmigration.com domain once again.  (That site even has and SSL cert. set up.)

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, asiacurious said:

Maybe they're in the process of updating the whole thing?

This one would be my guess.

Who knows, maybe they'll use their bangkokimmigration.com domain once again.  (That site even has and SSL cert. set up.)

Sorry, what is this? 404's for me.

Thoughts?

Wait?

On 6/22/2021 at 9:16 AM, Srikcir said:

A few weeks ago an OP said that before you report to Desk L1-32 15 minutes before your appointment, you are to first report to Desk L1-27 to have your documentation reviewed first to make sure you gave everything necessary for your extension. If this is true, then you have to figure for example 30 minutes before your appointment to have the review done first. ????

As of 23 June the procedure was enter L area with printout of your appointment 15 minutes early and wait until L32 (not clearly marked as behind main wall at big L support) free.  Was not directed to any review and did not see any.

7 hours ago, asiacurious said:

As of this moment, the booking site is gone.  Blank page.  Also, I thought the link to the online booking site was on their main page (down near the bottom) but I can no longer find that link either.

Maybe they're in the process of updating the whole thing?  Who knows, maybe they'll use their bangkokimmigration.com domain once again.  (That site even has and SSL cert. set up.)

Thoughts?

You can always use this website, which I use before and is working now. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/

On 6/22/2021 at 9:16 AM, Srikcir said:

A few weeks ago an OP said that before you report to Desk L1-32 15 minutes before your appointment, you are to first report to Desk L1-27 to have your documentation reviewed first to make sure you gave everything necessary for your extension. If this is true, then you have to figure for example 30 minutes before your appointment to have the review done first. ????

At L1:27,showed appointment details the review for me took maybe 3 minutes as I had all required documents (this also includes staff blah blah time) They do not check details just ensure all documents required are presented

Edited by norbra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is nothing about appointments for Bangkok on that site since it is the immigration bureau website.

The division 1 website is down (404 error) and the appointment site is still down.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You're right, I got confused, that's the website for doing 90 day online reporting, not booking an appointment.

I think we are going to see the same issues as were seen when  Vientienne became appointment only: A "comfortable" number of appointments per day with demand way exceeding that, so appointments are booked as soon as they become available.

What was easy will probably now be a pain.

"

Edited by mokwit

• 3 weeks later...

Appointment booking is not required (anymore), according to the email I got from Immigration.

Please walk-in to the service center.

You don't need to apply for an online appointment.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Appointment booking is not required (anymore), according to the email I got from Immigration.

Please walk-in to the service center.

You don't need to apply for an online appointment.

Unless they get online appointment system working by the 19th there was no way they could make them mandatory.

I think that was understood when they took it down to create a new site.

• Like 1

I went to the CW immigration complex last week to work an issue with my bank branch downstairs.  After getting that issue resolved I stopped by the immigration office info front desk to ask if the appt system will soon allow a person to make an appointment for a marriage extension of stay.  The immigration rep said the system is down now for major rework/update and didn't know if it would be back-up in July.  

Everyone on earth has had a chance to intuitively understand the effects of this virus. IMO if people were actually scared and the pandemic was half as bad as news and others make it out to be, places like immigration would be closed. The proof is in people’s actions. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Everyone on earth has had a chance to intuitively understand the effects of this virus. IMO if people were actually scared and the pandemic was half as bad as news and others make it out to be, places like immigration would be closed. The proof is in people’s actions. 

People are incredibly bad at assessing risk. In April last year, when the risk from the virus was negligible, people (and the government) went to ridiculous lengths to protect against a virus that at that time carried about the same risk as lightning bolts. Now, when the risk is a hundred times worse, most people assume that because they did not catch it when there was very little danger, they have no need to be cautious when the risk is far higher.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 8:36 PM, Pib said:

The immigration rep said the system is down now for major rework/update and didn't know if it would be back-up in July.  

Classic. It wasn't broken, it worked. All they had to do was add a few categories.

So are people going early and queuing? 

Just wandering in whenever?

How are the queues now/recently in the L desk area?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Classic. It wasn't broken, it worked. All they had to do was add a few categories.

It was taken down due to a data breach that somebody discovered. Changing a few numbers in the IP address used in its URL allowed a person to access a persons personal information.

This is the URL. http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/  Plus it was not a secure site.

45 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So are people going early and queuing? 

Just wandering in whenever?

How are the queues now/recently in the L desk area?

Yesterday about 09:00 I went to the PR Section in CW. There was no queue after getting the ticket, for which also there was no queue. However, I have never queued for more than 5 minutes in the PR Section.

Inside there were few people - approximately 10% of 'normal'. Also there were fewer Immigration Officers, which have been partly due to staff leaving the office to receive vaccine. Where the queue tickets are issued there were 2 people, normally 6.

Outside the entrance there were 20-30 people sitting on chairs, but I don't know why. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Words fail me in my attempt to express my lack of enthusiasm for this new development.

Well, I did get a bit excited when I saw the spiffy new web page.

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/queue-online_en/

then I clicked on "click here"

which, perhaps unsurprisingly, took me to the unsecure, dead, blank web-page of old.

Wonders have ceased.

49 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Well, I did get a bit excited when I saw the spiffy new web page.

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/queue-online_en/

then I clicked on "click here"

which, perhaps unsurprisingly, took me to the unsecure, dead, blank web-page of old.

Wonders have ceased.

'Wonders' have been on back order for quite some time now.