Bangkok Immigration - Mandatory Appointments as of July 19, 2021

17 hours ago, userabcd said:

So just made an online appointment for my 90 day report at MTT.

After filling it all in with the pertinent info requested and click finish it states to check your email inbox for the appointment receipt or text.

Well there is nothing sent to my email address, neither in the inbox nor the junk mail folder, and no text received to the phone number provided.

What else would you expect from these IM clowns.

The IM polices, procedures and operational processes are a circus.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been reports of it taking about 15 minutes to get the re-entry permit since not many people are applying for them due to the covid 19 travel restrictions.

Re-entry permits have this appointment system but sure it is working now. Been hoping somebody would try it. Link: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/qrepsonline/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term

Yes, my last reentry permit did take less than 15 minutes, with no appointment. If they really do make appointments mandatory, though, it seems that would no longer be an option. That legacy re-entry appointment system isn't mentioned in Immigration's post, so I also wonder whether it still operates.

36 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I mean you could:

book an appointment immediately after getting your ext stay, on your phone, or

walk over to the ticket desk, or re-entry permit area and ask if you can get a re-entry permit.

Out of curiosity, I just now tried to see whether I could book a same-day appointment for a reentry permit, and I couldn't - I can't imagine the slots are all full, so I suspect the system blocks close-in appointments.

As for walking over to the ticket desk, yes, that works fine right now, but the announcement indicates that will no longer be possible as of July 19. I guess it remains to be seen whether or not that will really be enforced.

25 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

That legacy re-entry appointment system isn't mentioned in Immigration's post, so I also wonder whether it still operates.

The site still opens. All you can do it is try.

I can't do it since I don't live in Bangkok.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, userabcd said:

Please show up before appointed time at least 15 minutes and have all forms/documents ready.

How can one have all the forms/documents ready when they can ask for other documents not on the basic official list?

A few weeks ago an OP said that before you report to Desk L1-32 15 minutes before your appointment, you are to first report to Desk L1-27 to have your documentation reviewed first to make sure you gave everything necessary for your extension. If this is true, then you have to figure for example 30 minutes before your appointment to have the review done first. ????

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Saw a report that using the https link and accepting the warning may prevent the leak?

https://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

I saw some comments from Richard Barrow's tweet on this that:

• The cert you get if you add the "s" is for a different web site, so the certificate will report as invalid
  • The certificate actually expires in a few days and if they don't renew it, even that won't work.

Another comment said something about the immigration appointment thing seems to be hosted on the Department of Health's sever and that it might have been someone from the DoH that created the form for immigration.

So much sloppiness.

1 hour ago, Cuchulainn said:

Which one is for living withThai wife. 2 are the same

Screenshot_20210622-081214_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Neither one at this time.

The will have to add this one as shown in the infographic. image.png.64a1f5397ba86217ca7be8dc8ab9e300.png

The same question came to my mind....can  person select  the L28 or L30 selections (which have identical wording) for a marriage extension of stay renewal.      Wonder what the difference between L28 and L30 really is?  

I'm not holding my breath that they will clarify the selections on their appt website as Thai govt agencies seem to struggle in providing reliable and clear English websites/apps.

16 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

The certificate actually expires in a few days and if they don't renew it, even that won't work.

If you sue the link to open the site you will see this after clicking this image.png.519f84c8b06d7161039e4edad6d992d2.png notice.

image.png.b19f80d556819920dedee1f9b0ebce76.png

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

The same question came to my mind....can  person select  the L28 or L30 selections (which have identical wording) for a marriage extension of stay renewal.      Wonder what the difference between L28 and L30 really is?  

Those apparently are only for a 60 day extension to visit your wife or child.

It has been disused in other topics. There is another one that specifies if married to a Thai man for a one year extension.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you sue the link to open the site you will see this after clicking this image.png.519f84c8b06d7161039e4edad6d992d2.png notice.

image.png.b19f80d556819920dedee1f9b0ebce76.png

Yes, you are correct!  Seems it has one more year to go!

I typed that anamai.moph.go.th into the address bar of my browser and got to here....

image.png.838b1304f815a17fce42f007d17eedea.png

So it looks like the immigration form is being hosted on the DoH's server.  I found a complaint form link in the footer of the DoH site and when eventually getting to the form it looks oddly familiar.

The Immigration and DoH forms are same same, but different:

679490643_samesamebutdifferent.jpg.cefffc57930b5418d2d5c2f05e3bd410.jpg

Neither is secure and both use IP addresses (instead of domain names).  Both starting pages have centered bold headings with lines under them, and they both use ordered (numbered) lists stating all the rules/terms, which have to be agreed to with check boxes.

It looks like both might have been built by the same person/company.

There was one final thing I was curious about regarding the immigration booking form.  I wondered what one would see if you typed just the IP address without the rest of the URL.  Well, here it is....

image.png.ca3d83e5a34e0479d0efe9b7ff324cfc.png

A quick search for "BizPotential Thailand" yields this company https://www.bizpotential.com/ 

This web/system developer states on their site, "More than 500 government and private agencies trust in the quality of our services and products."   And in one piece of their marketing materials the company lists the Ministry of Health as a client.  (FYI, the DoH website looks a lot better than most websites in Thailand.  It's actually functional and pretty well organized.)

I think what likely happened was that someone in Immigration thought a booking site would be a good idea.  And honestly it WAS a good idea.  It was a FANTASTIC idea!  But I'd guess that they didn't have anyone who could turn it around quickly and somehow BizPotential ended up doing Immigration (or more likely the Ministry of Health) a favor by creating the booking form.

Well, you know the old saying....

Fast, Cheap, or Good - Pick Two!

• Thanks 1

I tried this system last time I needed a new multi-entry visa. I got the appointment BUT (in the land of smiles there’s always a ‘but’), when I got there, they informed me that those with a Certificate of Residence (white booklet) have to go to another section. This wasn’t explained at the appointment website and the Immigration officials suggested that I should have somehow known this.

The short of it was that again I spent another half day at immigration waiting for the multi entry stamp.

The website is a step in the right direction. But it’s not quite there, lacking following-through and commitment. (In the same vein as they scan your fingerprints one minute with state of the art technology and in the next minute they are smearing ink over your thumbs and pressing them into a large ledger book from the 1940s. Go figure.)

F91D388B-B6CB-4994-B49A-ED5660DEB1A7.jpeg

20 minutes ago, ABCbangkok said:

I tried this system last time I needed a new multi-entry visa. I got the appointment BUT (in the land of smiles there’s always a ‘but’), when I got there, they informed me that those with a Certificate of Residence (white booklet) have to go to another section. This wasn’t explained at the appointment website and the Immigration officials suggested that I should have somehow known this.

The re-entry permit for those with permanent residence is completely different from a re-entry permit for temporary permission to stay. It is fortunate that you did not assume you could get the re-entry permit at the airport (as you can for the re-entry permit to protect a temporary permission to stay). I am surprised that you were not aware of this unless it was the first time you applied for a re-entry permit after receiving permanent residence. 

22 hours ago, SooKee said:

I got the email, booked in case online isn't working by the the time mine's due, but I need a residence certificate for driving licence renewal (provided DLTs stay open) too so may end up going anyway, particularly as it seems after making a report with a new passport some seem to be unable to use Online.  I didn't get any SMS though, didn't with my last appointment there either.

Where are you doing your driver's license? I still can't get anyone on the phone at the headquarters in Bangkok (Mochit), but DLT Area 4 said starting July 1st, they are only accepting people who had reservations back in April. Others will have to wait until August to make a new reservation. And she said she assumes foreigners will be included. I did a residence certificate & medical check in April before they closed, and I was guessing they would both be useless and expired now, but I went to the driving school (UPD) up the street and they called area 4 & said the certificate was still ok to use but I need a new medical check. If anyone has confirmed information on Bangkok, please let me know. Thanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Srikcir said:

A few weeks ago an OP said that before you report to Desk L1-32 15 minutes before your appointment, you are to first report to Desk L1-27 to have your documentation reviewed first to make sure you gave everything necessary for your extension. If this is true, then you have to figure for example 30 minutes before your appointment to have the review done first. ????

Yes, you do need to have your documents reviewed at L1-27 first, and it's strange that they don't just say as much in the appointment email so people would know where to go.

When I did my extension two weeks ago, though, that pre-screening took less than three minutes (presumably it would be longer if your documents are a mess), plus another minute to fill out one of the weird supplementary forms that had changed slightly from the version I had filled out, so an extra half hour probably isn't necessary. I actually did go in 30 minutes early, and the officer at L1-32 took me immediately after the document screening since she didn't have any other customers.

10 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Out of curiosity, I just now tried to see whether I could book a same-day appointment for a reentry permit, and I couldn't - I can't imagine the slots are all full, so I suspect the system blocks close-in appointments.

I did it last December, two appointments, in Bkk, for extension (retirement) and re-entry, an hour apart.

Actually got to the re-entry section earlier than the appointed time, and the designated counter for online appointments took care of it right away.

But if you couldn't do it now, maybe they've taken that off the table?

Edited by rwilem
Spell
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, rwilem said:

I did it last December, two appointments, in Bkk, for extension (retirement) and re-entry, an hour apart.

AFAIK with the "new" appointment system you cannot have more than one appointment per passport. After you make one appointment, and try to make the second that will automatically cancel the first one.

But then, maybe you used the older Re-Entry Permit reservation system? This older system looks like the 90-day report system (web), so no clue if it suffers from the same "quirks"?

Can't comment on whether one will be able to make a same-day appointment, after completing one task. Or will be able to walk up to the Re-Ep (C-2?) area for service. Imagine if it's not busy then, yeah. 

15 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Still no marriage extensions, I see.

One assumes that this option will get added before the 19 July changeover. If not, just go and queue as before.

Not overly complicated.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Option not yet added.

Should be added before 19 July. If not, go queue as before.

When do you plan to renew your ext stay/marriage? At CW?

spouse.jpg

Jan 2021

Okay! I think I understand.

Now, appointments are needed for all the services.

The issue is that marriage extension has not been added to the list and therefore no appointment can be made.

Thanks!!!!!

29 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

Now, appointments are needed for all the services.

No.

Required as of 19 July 2021.

29 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

The issue is that marriage extension has not been added to the list and therefore no appointment can be made.

Correct. As of today.

One assumes that this option will be added in the furture, and then appointments can be made.