Reopening bars: People drinking alcohol are difficult to control and risk spreading virus

webfact

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Oh dear, did my post the other day correcting you about the way the Junta seized power in 2014 upset you? So now you've resorted to name calling and baseless assumptions?  ????

Your logic is deeply flawed yet again. It is clearly nothing to do with needing alcohol. Maybe you never go out of your house, but I can assure you alcohol is widely available at shops and supermarkets.

Some of us actually have friends, and we like to meet them occasionally and enjoy life responsibly. Some of us also have the intellectual capacity to question rules that make no sense or contradict one another.

We don't all sit on internet forums all day talking nonsense about things we know nothing about, embarrassing ourselves by showing our support for military coups, slagging off the British at every opportunity, making childish insults like "alcie" etc.????

You and the other poster started the calling us non fun loving people actually the other guy did and you repeated it. So i thought lets see how you like it. So something about a pot a kettle and the color black.

I work from home so its easy to post and read the forum. Not all of us are older retired people you know. I too would love to have everything open as its getting rather boring. However now with even a 7 day lockdown of BKK mooted and Drs saying that the health care is going to colapse and the cases rising to 4000 daily seems to be ok to you.

I guess if your intellectual capacity to question rules could also be used to analyze a situation.  I doubt it or the process was flawed.

Yes  supported the junta way back changed that long ago. Unlike you i can change my mind and sea reason. You just see a bar and beer. Also not sure about English havent slagged off about them while the more sentive ones might think i have by saying that in a alcohol and pub loving culture they closed bars too proving the fact that its needed because if even in a country where they would do that and the response would be really negative they would only do it if there was need and sufficient grounds. (they read an insult in that)

Anyway stay away from the alcohol as you and the other poster started the name calling. You took the bait easily.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

You and the other poster started the calling us non fun loving people actually the other guy did and you repeated it. So i thought lets see how you like it. So something about a pot a kettle and the color black.

I work from home so its easy to post and read the forum. Not all of us are older retired people you know. I too would love to have everything open as its getting rather boring. However now with even a 7 day lockdown of BKK mooted and Drs saying that the health care is going to colapse and the cases rising to 4000 daily seems to be ok to you.

I guess if your intellectual capacity to question rules could also be used to analyze a situation.  I doubt it or the process was flawed.

Yes  supported the junta way back changed that long ago. Unlike you i can change my mind and sea reason. You just see a bar and beer. Also not sure about English havent slagged off about them while the more sentive ones might think i have by saying that in a alcohol and pub loving culture they closed bars too proving the fact that its needed because if even in a country where they would do that and the response would be really negative they would only do it if there was need and sufficient grounds. (they read an insult in that)

Anyway stay away from the alcohol as you and the other poster started the name calling. You took the bait easily.

Dear oh dear. You really don't know when to stop digging. I am neither old nor retired so once again you show how clueless you are with your misguided and baseless assumptions. Similarly, I rarely go to bars but I do enjoy a decent glass of white wine with a meal. If that makes someone an 'alcie' in your limited mind then so be it.????

I am questioning the wisdom of a law that does nothing to stop Covid (if I am enjoying a meal in a restaurant with my girlfriend socially distanced from other diners what difference does it make if I drink Wine or water?) and yet simultaneously is destroying the hospitality sector and making poor Thais unemployed. You know, the waiters and waitresses earning 300 Baht a day to bring you your food. Meanwhile, Thais crowd together at wet markets and shopping malls, noodle shops and public transport.

Unfortunately it's normal for someone of your ilk who openly supported a military Junta overthrowing a democratically elected government to not really care about the peasants going hungry. You're OK hiding in your moo baan so who cares about rising unemployment, right? In this regard, your position is at least consistently unethical.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 2:34 PM, Dogmatix said:

Nice looking spokeswoman.

Correct .

She is the type of lady .

I could bye a House or two for ..

Of course , land  price included ...

On 6/22/2021 at 10:21 AM, ChipButty said:

Better than nothing

No its not......its better to go somewhere else....somewhere that has the situation under control and isn't treating us like fools.

On 6/22/2021 at 3:09 PM, hotchilli said:

Only the teetotal ones with a good reason to come will venture here.

I can see that the majority of tourists will be the ones that were mid-relationship with a partner when they got locked out.

it's part of the cycle that got disrupted when the virus took hold.

These tourists will serve their "imprisonment" on Phuket and then travel to meet their "girlfriends/boyfriends" in other provinces unless they happen to be resident on Phuket which some undoubtably will.

There has not been any other way this group could have entered the country so happy days for them now. It's been a helluva wait.

9 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I can see that the majority of tourists will be the ones that were mid-relationship with a partner when they got locked out.

it's part of the cycle that got disrupted when the virus took hold.

These tourists will serve their "imprisonment" on Phuket and then travel to meet their "girlfriends/boyfriends" in other provinces unless they happen to be resident on Phuket which some undoubtably will.

There has not been any other way this group could have entered the country so happy days for them now. It's been a helluva wait.

Just read that "Nookie" will be banned on Phuket unless you are "Legally" married, ie a proper Ampur wedding and you have the documentation.

Talk about spoiling the fun of coming to Thailand!!

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 2:30 PM, paulikens said:

so many TV posters are members of the fun police.    go hide under the bed joy sponges, while the rest of us get on with our lives 

Where you going to do that?

• Haha 1

The issue here is that people like this lady cannot differentiate a small bar in a small town with a handful of patron having a quiet beer from the large clubs in bangkok or pattaya with loud music, dancing girls everywhere and maybe hundreds of people in an enclosed environment. They sit in their air conditioned offices enjoying inflated salaries that have not changed one bat since the start of the pandemic, and spew out their unfounded opinions and rules that destroy the livelihoods of the small players. No <deleted> given. This lady should travel around and get a proper perspective before making her swift judgements. Shamefull.

• Like 2