Reopening bars: People drinking alcohol are difficult to control and risk spreading virus

webfact

None of these regulations are being enacted to stop a disease  where  only 1,500 people had it in their system (most with other health concerns) out of 500,000 deaths from a population of 72 million.  

More people died on their way to the mailbox in this time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Blaming the people again. 

Ironic, seeing as government officials were involved in the thong lor outbreak that started this huge wave.

Blatant misinterpretation again.

Words used were "actions of people" , obviously some find it difficult to differentiate between "people" and "the people".

There is nothing ironic about it, in the correct interpretation it is all encompassing.

• Like 1

The only way forward was always obvious: anticipate investing in and procuring vaccines. 

Some countries made expensive bets on several vaccine candidates. 

The Thais preferred to lie to the international community claiming Thailand was "Covid Free" hoping they would get lucky and lure tourists back. 

They 100% deserve the situation they are now in

• Thanks 1

The problem is that a small bar (like my good wife's ) in Bangkok could & did open before with no more than 10 people (3 outside) & all protocols followed.,,,,but  they lump nightclubs etc all in  together which is wrong

.Opening times 5 til 10pm to start.

The greedy, wealthy  landlords are still charging rent & refuse to budge meaning the staff get no salaries with no Government help at all.

But the tax man still wants the tax  return filed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, natway09 said:

The problem is that a small bar (like my good wife's ) in Bangkok could & did open before with no more than 10 people (3 outside) & all protocols followed.,,,,but  they lump nightclubs etc all in  together which is wrong

.Opening times 5 til 10pm to start.

The greedy, wealthy  landlords are still charging rent & refuse to budge meaning the staff get no salaries with no Government help at all.

But the tax man still wants the tax  return filed.

The tax man won't want any money if you did not make a profit. I doubt that is different in Thailand. 

I am talking about company tax here not tax on wages.

So with no income but rents your probably not making a profit so the years company tax will be less or none at all. 

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

I understand that alcoholic beverages will not be available in the 'sandbox' of Phuket for now, so what those hundred of thousand of tourist to do with no alcoholic drinks available? drink cola or pepsi?...

Screw them, I more concerned about my own ability too have a social beer :+)

• Like 2

All these hand gels that are supposed to stop the spread of Covid contain alcohol, so surely taking it in through the mouth is more efficacious than merely rubbing it on you hands?

I can understand not opening bars but at least let restaurants serve alcohol with a beer.

• Like 2

It was really just the groups of younger folks drinking out of a shared bucket of booze that started all of this <deleted>. Just stop the buckets and sharing booze. To each his own! Time to take your own health in Your hands.

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

I understand that alcoholic beverages will not be available in the 'sandbox' of Phuket for now, so what those hundred of thousand of tourist to do with no alcoholic drinks available? drink cola or pepsi?...

Go to the beach, explore, Don't get waisted.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

CV19 has never even been isolated, and 40 cycles of amplification gives

as many false positives as the oligarchs want in order to mess up ordinary

folks lives.  Funny that Covid is so deadly that you need a test to see if you

have it, and a vaccine that you have to be coerced to take.

Really? Tet somehow they've managed to entirely map its structure?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

You are so narrow minded in your thought processing it defies reason... so I won't.

You won't because it is unarguable. You just cannot accept it as you suffer from cognative dissonance and are brainwashed by everything you see on TV.

2 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Drinking alcohol does NOT make you lose control or be violent, or be anti regulations or anything of the sort.

TOO MUCH alcohol is the problem!

What percentage of people drink too much at a bar?

Open the bars, and arrest drunkards, not deny what I think are the majority of responsible drinkers just having a couple of drinks.

Right, they're just drinking it for the flavor.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Drinking alcohol does NOT make you lose control or be violent, or be anti regulations or anything of the sort.

TOO MUCH alcohol is the problem!

What percentage of people drink too much at a bar?

Open the bars, and arrest drunkards, not deny what I think are the majority of responsible drinkers just having a couple of drinks.

TOO MUCH alcohol is the problem! - Who would decide on the limit of each individual?

Open the bars, and arrest drunkards... - Imagine the number of arrests. Would not the over crowding of prisons take the problem to another higher level? ... and then the flak that would be directed on the officials regarding the arrests!

I know, each patron gets a hula hoop kept horizontal with strings tied around your neck.  Also you need to wear a face shield and rubber gloves.  The bar staff hand the drinks over with a pole with mechanical grip.  Social distancing sorted. 

Getting into the bathroom may be a problem so each patron gets a catheter inserted at a local hospital and produces a certificate of insertion before allowed in.