Reopening bars: People drinking alcohol are difficult to control and risk spreading virus

webfact

3 hours ago, Uroller said:

So if it’s alcohol causing all the Covid why are there so many new cases since the Alcohol lockdown, sorry but not buying the alcohol scapegoa????????????

You realize these things aren't mutually exclusive, right?  Just because bars etc are shut down, that doesn't mean there's not going to be any spread of a highly contagious virus.

The point is that when people are in bars, they're in poorly ventilated and confined quarters without masks for a while, while usually speaking louder (if not yelling) and laughing, while engaging in more contagious behavior as the drinks go down (whether it's singing, fighting, or whatever else).  Yes there have been lots of cases these past few months, but if bars had been open (or open now), the numbers would be exponentially higher. 

It's a completely objective statement that open bars will lead to much higher rates of cases. Don't know how anybody could argue against this fact

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

snog

Now there's a 20th Century word.......funny as................reminds me of the the rules sign in UK swimming pools or baths as they were called.....'No petting'..................... and where might I ask are these rest rooms BTW ?!

10 hours ago, impulse said:

Maybe.  Maybe not.  But she's sure easier to look at than those other guys.

Perhaps the woman is also clever enough to be listened to, and not simply to be regarded as a sex object?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bojo said:

Now there's a 20th Century word.......funny as................reminds me of the the rules sign in UK swimming pools or baths as they were called.....'No petting'..................... and where might I ask are these rest rooms BTW ?!

near the back office normally, sometimes they will go to an upstairs toilet if its a shophouse 7/11.

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps the woman is also clever enough to be listened to, and not simply to be regarded as a sex object?

Yo....    Good one.

Oh, you're serious.

Given that she's just acting as a mouthpiece for the powers that be, I'm just going to enjoy the eye candy and not even attempt to pass judgment on her cleverness.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

Did you mean misspelled? 555

I am from the UK where this is correct.... so take your 555 back home, where ignorance is bliss!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sabai-dee-man said:

Fly halfway around the world just for a drink?! Sounds desperate! ????????????

Ah, I see we have another Puritan who is only here for the temples ????.

Most normal people like to relax on holiday, and generally that doesn't include being treated like a child who isn't allowed a beer. A lot of people on holiday spend days by the pool and enjoy going to the pubs and enjoying the nightlife in the evening. We're not all tucked up in bed with a Horlicks Lite and the latest copy of Cosmopolitan by 9pm. 

Given that many countries have just come out of strict lockdown, why would they fly half way around the world to a largely unvaccinated country that has stricter measures than the one they just left? Maybe for the beaches? ????

https://www.thephuketnews.com/oil-spill-hits-phuket-beaches-80370.php

image.png.7f24dad0d3d848d379ddb27e507d352f.png

• Like 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

But, she said, infections of Covid-19 are caused by the "actions of people" and people drinking alcohol make it hard to control situations, reported

A pure general-ization of all people, maybe she and the "committee'' should change their circle of friends and their partners. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

A pure general-ization of all people, maybe she and the "committee'' should change their circle of friends and their partners. 

No it is not, it is a generalization on people's reaction to alcohol. She simply states ...

people drinking alcohol make it hard to control situations

they lose their restraint

I agree with her and am surprised you want to make an argument about it.....yes maybe 2 out of 100 in a bar do not fall into that generalization which actually makes it true. Many a situation in my life I have regretted, and I can say alcohol was involved. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

Those greedy accountants will still get their share won't they? ????

Of course we will get our share for the work we do just like everyone else. Don't you get paid for work you do ?

6 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

You realize these things aren't mutually exclusive, right?  Just because bars etc are shut down, that doesn't mean there's not going to be any spread of a highly contagious virus.

The point is that when people are in bars, they're in poorly ventilated and confined quarters without masks for a while, while usually speaking louder (if not yelling) and laughing, while engaging in more contagious behavior as the drinks go down (whether it's singing, fighting, or whatever else).  Yes there have been lots of cases these past few months, but if bars had been open (or open now), the numbers would be exponentially higher. 

It's a completely objective statement that open bars will lead to much higher rates of cases. Don't know how anybody could argue against this fact

Don't worry they will argue don't forget the demographics here. Lot of older guys who have no partner and love the night life. So not so surprising that they don't like this as it affects their life. Not judging what they do but it explains the huge resistance against bar closures here. Because what you said and what what i said before is the same. But they just don't want to get it.

The idea is to keep infections down so you dont overrun the hospitals. With what is open now we keep stable even going up. Opening the bars and getting extra infections is pure madness. Just to open up an non essential service. 

Markets and restaurants are a different thing. 

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Many a situation in my life I have regretted, and I can say alcohol was involved. 

I have regretted many situations in my life, and I can say alcohol was not involved. You need to seek help.

• Sad 1

Just now, brianthainess said:

I have regretted many situations in my life, and I can say alcohol was not involved. You need to seek help.

Oh I got those too. But it is apparent to me that alcohol affects behaviour, decision making and sadly (or happily sometimes) my usual level of reserve... My being in need of help is not the subject of this thread.... which you can see at the top of the page, perchance you forgot it in the need to argue another item.