Reopening bars: People drinking alcohol are difficult to control and risk spreading virus

webfact

well, yes. actually alcohol and cigarettes kill off far more people than any pandemic and should logically be banned as poisons,like hard drugs, but are tolerated for massive tax revenues.

conversely hard drugs are banned but should by same poison tax revenue logic be legalized , 

then controlled and taxed by govts., with most organized crime & massive national addict medical burden instantly gone..savings could fund universal income benefit thus cancelling poverty......

making too much sense for “political” humans though........ so again, what needs to be done, will never get done.......unless a motivated all-powerful benevolent “Dr. Manhattan” superhero type shows up......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DLock said:

That just changed today. Restaurants can now serve alcohol.

That will enflame things even further...

Yes, it will.

Of course when anything happens they do their best to cover it up and don't often name the places where these little outbreaks happen, they might get a mention on a timeline which is published but that's about it.

When a COVID case is detected and spreads in an establishment they close it for two weeks. By this I mean that the staff who work there begin to test positive.

Recently in the area where I live which is very quiet and there's hardly anyone here, somebody infected with COVID from one of the food canning factories visited a restaurant which will remain nameless as what happened next hasn't been published.

Staff contracted COVID from the infected customer, the place was closed down for at least two weeks after this incident and I haven't heard if it's reopened yet, mostly because I don't care and haven't bothered to find out.

When a place suddenly announces that it's closing down you likely won't be told the exact reason but there's a fair chance that anything that suddenly closes is due to an outbreak among the staff.

This will continue into next year. The more places that reopen and the more customers there are, the more it will happen.

Edited by ukrules

I have always been worried about the local markets I dont use them bye the way but 2 have been closed down where I live for a week, I heard it yesterday so I usually drive by them everyday one of them mentioned was closed today lets see tomorrow if the other one is closed, 

31 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Dr Aphisamai Srirangsan is a puritanical nutter. There is no reason why this should apply to restaurants. Smaller pubs too. I get the restrictions on nightclubs. But otherwise, let the people blow off some steam and have some fun. 

Next, they will outlaw fun. 

What is more difficult to control are spectacularly incompetent health and tourism ministers and PM's. 

And why is it so much fun to imbibe alcoholic drinks? Is it because of their delicious flavors?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Oppsy!  Floodgates just opened.  Tourists need to be allowed to 'water' at 'the wotering-hole" or else there isn't going to be any tourists.  Sorry Dr Aphisamai, but keep trying.  The authoritarians in Thailand tend to Flip-Flop so perhaps you can get them to shut the alcohol spigot off at restaurants.
Flip-Flop, Flip-Flop
Now there's alcohol,
And then there's not.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The days of mass tourism for families from Europe, Chinese tour groups and other similar demographics are all over for the foreseeable

come on mate.... I bet by the year end Pattaya will be full of chinese tour groups. The chinese plague will all be over. Mass vacinnations globally. This <deleted> show is over soon. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

That's true, the actions of some members of this government in frequenting hi-so brothels in Thong Lor then running away and denying responsibility in particular...

Hi-So, brothels , are reserved for the Establishment ..

Joe Public , on your bike .

26 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And why is it so much fun to imbibe alcoholic drinks? Is it because of their delicious flavors?

They are Kindlers .?

The New World..

Age of boredom , has arrived ..555

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Panadadad said:

So they finally admit it’s all about controlling the minions

it's an exercise of finding an alibi.

alcohol serves as an alibi for stupid behavior.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Government Officials are the most 'difficult to control' but they let them out every day !

Thumbs up on that one!  They turn a blind eye at their borders for the illegal migrants then party it up in a private event in Bangkok, then while it was spreading got up on their soapbox and said " travel for Songkran is on " result current outbreak! ????

I don't touch the spirits never felt it was necessary to enjoy or have a good time open the clubs all of them I promise to just look.????

Edited by thailand49

That's right: people have this bad habit of socializing, making friendship and being together. And obviously the virus takes advantage of it, since it is well known that even the virus likes alcohol and drinking in company. 

Banning alcohol sales is one of the dumber things I have seen done during this pandemic. If there was ever a time people could use a drink it's now.  In Canada, they declared liquor stores essential services.

Yes, I know Thailand is talking about bars and not liquor sales specifically, at least not yet.  However, in places like the Philippines they actually banned all liquor sales in some regions.  So stupid.

Edited by shdmn
  • Thanks 1

Government is quick to blame The people when the sole problem has been their making from day one. General knee Jerk quick at first to blame the dirty Ferang then close all the bars putting 100’s of 1000’s out of work.

vaccine administration is nothing less than appalling and Thailand now officially is the suicide capital of Southern Asia.

perhaps a uniform change to cowboys would be applicable. 

A wowser is an ineffably pious person who mistakes this world for a penitentiary and himself for a warder. It is unbelievable how many old gents are wowsers out there. Go read your New Testament my friends about the issue of shutting the <deleted> up.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, robblok said:

So with no income but rents your probably not making a profit so the years company tax will be less or none at all. 

Those greedy accountants will still get their share won't they? ????

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Fingerling said:

Government is quick to blame The people when the sole problem has been their making from day one. General knee Jerk quick at first to blame the dirty Ferang then close all the bars putting 100’s of 1000’s out of work.

vaccine administration is nothing less than appalling and Thailand now officially is the suicide capital of Southern Asia.

perhaps a uniform change to cowboys would be applicable. 

Gonna need a source on that or are you are just pulling it out of thin air thinking it makes your arm flailing rant sound more 'official'?

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1