Foreign arrivals in July: 146,000 and ten times more by December, says transport minister

webfact

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

“Short and medium term hope”, or false hope?

if it is false hope, it will be disappointing for those businesses that actually plan based on these numbers.

if I were a business owner, I’d want to structure my business plan based on real current data and realistic future data expectations. Planning based on la la land figures is a recipe for business disaster.

You mean Bob Hope and No Hope???

The rest of the world is facing the challenges of how slow ramping back up capacity for everything. Amazing Thailand has already figured it out, I guess…

I wonder how many staff the hotels have trained back up to handle this huge surge…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He anticipated that in July there will be 146,000 foreign visitors arriving by air. Most of these will be flying into Phuket.

I thought fake news was being dealt with?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

...Saksayam said that in July to the end of October Phuket airport will be running at about 28% of capacity with up to 134 flights per day mostly from Asia, Africa and Europe...

134 flights arriving plus 134 flights departing, that is on average a flight movement roughly every five minutes, working around the clock 24 hours. That should work out fine, shouldn't it?

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

Expect all you want Saksayam, it aint gonna happen.

Why do these silly sods keep coming up with fantastic numbers, when they and everybody else knows its just B.S.?

It is a concept known as "face". Maybe you come across it before occasionally.........lol

12 hours ago, club said:

If true the sad part about this is Phuket with only 30 % fully vaccinated will not be open. Should start telling Foreign visitors now to cancel or risk your life coming here

Stop being a drama queen. 

Given the way TAT works things out, no doubt we'll have 4 plane loads of tourists flown in, herded through immigration taken round the back and promptly put back on the planes, which will take off again and the whole process repeated.

Rinse and repeat until desired number of entries are achieved.

• Like 1

As asked earlier...Why would anyone come here on holiday when there is a chance of being forcibly imprisoned at your own expense due to a false pos PCR test???

Why would anyone book a holiday in Phuket in July-Nov??!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Boedog said:

2 weeks ago they stated 29,900 people had cancelled which was 60% of bookings, now they stating 146,000 are coming in July,  so all the restaurants and businesses that are closed are magically going to be open and ready for business with the false hope of they will be coming, Amazing Thailand 

And that 30k cancelled and then did a rethink and all rebooked OR 150k new bookings appeared like magic on their pronouncement.

The magic kingdom

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Here's some math: The PCR tests have a reported false positive rate of 0.5% or 1/200. If they keep the required 3 tests per sandboxer, each traveler has a 1.5% chance of winning a mandatory 14-day hospital stay. If they really did have 146k visitors come to Phuket in July, then roughly 2,100 of them would end up in the hospital. Can the Phuket hospitals handle those extra patients on top of the legit tasks?

Great post

AND they all had double vaccination. Still will be $ent to ho$pital jail.

Will be great PR when return home and report to media.

• Like 1