Fallen at the first hurdle - Thai E-Visa account verification issue!

Hi everyone,

So I'm trying to register for an E-Visa account through the MFA website but having an issue. 

I have registered my details, email etc and I receive a link to click on and verify my account, yet every time I click the link (and I've requested multiple re-sends of the verification link) I get the following message in a red box on the login page:

The email verification link has not valid. If you typed in the address manually, please check to make sure everything is spelled correctly.

Has anyone else had this and managed to sort it out? 

Just typical of my luck ????

Make sure there is not an extra space at the end of the e-mail address, such as this: .com , if there is a space it will keep rejecting it. see the mark after the m in .com this is the space I am talking about.

• Like 1

Thank you ThailandRyan, I got all excited thinking that must be it but sadly it's still playing up. The weird thing is, I receive the verification email link in my inbox no problem and I can request it to be re-sent fine, it's just when I click the link it takes me to the login page which then says The email verification link has not valid. If you typed in the address manually, please check to make sure everything is spelled correctly.

????

Just now, mattk1 said:

Thank you ThailandRyan, I got all excited thinking that must be it but sadly it's still playing up. The weird thing is, I receive the verification email link in my inbox no problem and I can request it to be re-sent fine, it's just when I click the link it takes me to the login page which then says The email verification link has not valid. If you typed in the address manually, please check to make sure everything is spelled correctly.

????

Just weird. Sorry to hear of your issue.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 7:03 AM, mattk1 said:

I've sent an email through the MFA website but whether it gets a reply is yet to be seen. Thanks anyway ????

Check Facebook as many embassies have FB pages. They seem to reply to messages there much quicker and may be able to help 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

The problem is obvious, it is because you "has not valid"!

BTW, are you running a VPN?  If so, try turning it off and try again.

Hello Iron Tongue, thanks for your reply. I do run a VPN and it was running when I first created the account. I have tried your suggestion of turning the VPN off, restarting the computer, using different browsers, using a phone etc etc.. all with the same result. I guess I could just use another email account but this is bugging me so much and I can't let it lie ????

6 hours ago, Dan O said:

Check Facebook as many embassies have FB pages. They seem to reply to messages there much quicker and may be able to help 

Hello Dan O, thanks for your reply too ????

I have sent messages through the chat facilities I have found on Facebook and also Line application. Both of which have been seen (yesterday) but neither have been replied to. I did actually get a reply from the MFA London with a message from a person saying 'Please contact me directly on this extension tomorrow between 2-5pm'.

I tried multiple times on that number and extension but guess what.. no answer ????

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, mattk1 said:

Hello Iron Tongue, thanks for your reply. I do run a VPN and it was running when I first created the account. I have tried your suggestion of turning the VPN off, restarting the computer, using different browsers, using a phone etc etc.. all with the same result. I guess I could just use another email account but this is bugging me so much and I can't let it lie ????

Hello Dan O, thanks for your reply too ????

I have sent messages through the chat facilities I have found on Facebook and also Line application. Both of which have been seen (yesterday) but neither have been replied to. I did actually get a reply from the MFA London with a message from a person saying 'Please contact me directly on this extension tomorrow between 2-5pm'.

I tried multiple times on that number and extension but guess what.. no answer ????

Well that sucks.  I know they are busy but no excuse.  You could send another message, explain the lack of anyone answering and give your phone number and ask them to call you.

• 3 months later...

Hi MollyGP,

Are the email addresses you're using @outlook.com by any chance?

I tried multiple @outlook.com accounts but they all did the same thing, so I then tried my dad's @blueyonder.co.uk email address and it worked first time.

I think it might have something to do with a feature of Outlook called 'Safe links', where links sent in email addresses are modified to stop malware and ransomware. However I disabled that feature and tried again but the same result when clicking the 'verify account' link.

Have you got another email provider you could try?

27 minutes ago, mollygp said:

I have just found this thread as I am having the exact same problem! Did you ever manage to solve the problem? I have tried with different email addresses and I get the exact same issue as you did.

Try using a email address that is a .com, .org and etc. One that has .co.th and etc will not work.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mattk1 said:

Hi MollyGP,

Are the email addresses you're using @outlook.com by any chance?

I tried multiple @outlook.com accounts but they all did the same thing, so I then tried my dad's @blueyonder.co.uk email address and it worked first time.

I think it might have something to do with a feature of Outlook called 'Safe links', where links sent in email addresses are modified to stop malware and ransomware. However I disabled that feature and tried again but the same result when clicking the 'verify account' link.

Have you got another email provider you could try?

Thank you so much, I have been trying hotmail/outlook emails so I will create a different email with a different provider and try again ????