Pattaya tourism and business sector tell government “Let us open the city fully, give us the Covid-19 vaccines. Enough is Enough.”

snoop1130

5 hours ago, chaihot said:

This comment makes one wonder if the government (USA and others) would take the same steps again if another pandemic were to appear.  

I kind of doubt it.  

Depends on whether you believe it is governments that are running the planet. Think about it!

• Confused 3

Doesn't take much for greed to raise its ugly head. I want and the rest of the country can go hang. They're like spoilt kids in a candy store, doing a tantrum because they can't have what they want.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

The UK is largely vaccinated but still has 10,000 cases a day. Will vaccines have any effect here?

Just over half.... 60% are fully vaccinated. And with the Delta variant being near  the only source of new cases, both jabs are what is needed. Some optimism seen today though in UK. 

Data suggest early surge from Delta variant may have given way to steady climb....

https://www.ft.com/content/d40515d3-bd4b-4820-8aaa-264bfa3b05e6

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, berrec said:

Time to hold China CCP financially accountable for the cost of global economy destruction in addition to compensation for pain and suffering of the global community.

I totally agree. Ive been saying this to friends and family for ages. 

• Like 1

This government is a joke. We farangs may get vaccinated next year sometime. I think they are waiting until the West sends 'poorer countries' the vaccine for free. I live in the Pattaya area and the government response has been poorer than poor.

• Thanks 2

Don't need vaccine to open because like Phuket the people only had one jab most of them and one jab is the same as nothing. Need 2 to have hopefully and result. But as a thai nurse pisted she had 2 jabs and after 5 weeks she took a test and it showed that the 2 jabs had no effect and showed no sign of any antibodies building up resistance.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, smedly said:

enough is enough ???

you haven't seen anything yet 

with Alpha and Delta now surging in Thailand and your government messed up on effective vaccines ............................................ it really goes down hill from here

people in Thailand should be demanding that heads roll right now for this very obvious cluster 

Time for Prayut to resign and Anutin to face charges of unusual wealth and incompetence 

They all deserve to be jailed 

how on earth the Thai people are putting up with this is quite 

Most people would put up with a lot on the wrong end of a gun.

Pattaya tourism and business sector tell government “Let us open the city fully, give us the Covid-19 vaccines. Enough is Enough.”

Translated:

"Don't worry if granny dies upcountry.  We're more important. We need vaccines first!"

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Just over half.... 60% are fully vaccinated. And with the Delta variant being near  the only source of new cases, both jabs are what is needed. Some optimism seen today though in UK. 

Data suggest early surge from Delta variant may have given way to steady climb....

https://www.ft.com/content/d40515d3-bd4b-4820-8aaa-264bfa3b05e6

Apparently India is now reporting a 'Variant of Concern', so far calling it Delta +... more contagious again than the already worrying Delta! Will we ever emerge from this!

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-india-reports-new-delta-plus-coronavirus-variant-of-concern-12339465

Edited by jacko45k

5 hours ago, saminoz said:

Do you think that maybe the government is deliberately withholding support for Pattaya as part of it's drive to kill it off as a sex tourism mecca?

I doubt that, there are bigger fish to fry.  Their priorities are drawn by how much money is produced.  As cynical as I am, if it were my decision Bangkok would be the top of my list as well.  BTW, Bangkok is also the most likely center of any activism should people decide they have had enough.  Phuket just generates more money than Pattaya.  All this suggests that those in charge are still not that certain of their vaccine supply.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

the other 99% of thailand (that doesn't sell beer or p*ssy) begs to differ.

f f s prioritize those who risk their lives, not their wallets.

Well, but now here's the question:

Where to take the vaccines from? 

Thailand's soldiers ordered them too late and even the wrong ineffective ones. 

They ordered Biontech. Astra, Moderna or Johnson. 

However, there is a long way to go between orders and deliveries. 

Maybe early 2022 if you're lucky ????

34 minutes ago, AquaThai said:

Yes...yes.. yes.. this is the way.  Get the vaccines  and its good to ooen.  Dont open without vaccines,  that would just be a recipe for failure.  This is what the focus should be in that order.  Vaccine  and open.

recipe for failure?

That's what this government shows every day ????

6 hours ago, saminoz said:

Do you think that maybe the government is deliberately withholding support for Pattaya as part of it's drive to kill it off as a sex tourism mecca?

Your post suggests that there are 2 entirely seperate entities: the Government and those that profit from sex tourism. Infact, they are often one and the same.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, saminoz said:

Never ascribe to malice that which can be better explained as incompetence.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BestB said:

There is nothing to withhold , no stocks of vaccine. AZ so far behind that it’s beyond joke but because it’s ownership nothing can be said by anyone 

Very true