Pattaya tourism and business sector tell government “Let us open the city fully, give us the Covid-19 vaccines. Enough is Enough.”

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, Leaver said:

You've been banging on about how safe you are because you have been vaccinated, despite the science clearly showing vaccinated people can still carry and spread the disease, so I will simply ask a couple of questions to clarify.

Since you want to get back here so desperately, would it be acceptable to you that you could come back tomorrow, but everything remains shut here?  Would you be happy with that arrangement?

If so, why? Are you a returning expat?  If not, why would you be so concerned about returning to a Pattaya that is not only in lockdown, but economically decimated?  

If you could get here tomorrow, what do you think waits you?  

You're forgetting about tested.  Before the flight.  On arrival.  And at least one more time.

Contrast that with the locals who are afraid to get tested because of what awaits them if they test positive.

Being vaccinated is only to protect me.  I don't have to worry about hanging out with, or being served by risky people...

I ask once again...  Who would you rather sit next to?  Someone (with a bunch of sweaty tourist money) who's been tested multiple times, or someone who's afraid to be tested?  Who would you rather have as a guest in your hotel or restaurant, a cashed up tourist or an expat who's too strapped to fly home to get the jab?

Where did you get the idea I'm wanting into Pattaya?  I was very disappointed the first time I went there expecting a beach/fishing village.  So disappointed that I bypass the place completely to go a little further south to stay on a beach in South Jomtien or Koh Chang.  Nor do I care if the bars are open or the girls are working.

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

You're forgetting about tested.  Before the flight.  On arrival.  And at least one more time.

Contrast that with the locals who are afraid to get tested because of what awaits them if they test positive.

Being vaccinated is only to protect me.  I don't have to worry about hanging out with, or being served by risky people...

I ask once again...  Who would you rather sit next to?  Someone (with a bunch of sweaty tourist money) who's been tested multiple times, or someone who's afraid to be tested?  Who would you rather have as a guest in your hotel or restaurant, a cashed up tourist or an expat who's too strapped to fly home to get the jab?

Where did you get the idea I'm wanting into Pattaya?  I was very disappointed the first time I went there expecting a beach/fishing village.  So disappointed that I bypass the place completely to go a little further south to stay on a beach in South Jomtien or Koh Chang.  Nor do I care if the bars are open or the girls are working.

Once again, you are banging on about how safe you are.

Let's take safety out of the equation, as I did in a precious post.

Let's say you could come here tomorrow, no ASQ, tests, no tests, cheap flights, whatever.

What do you think awaits you in Pattaya, Jomtien, or Koh Chang?

The reason I ask is, not only for yourself, but for thousands of others wanting to get back here ASAP, there's really nothing to come back here for at the moment, and there probably will not be until well after Thailand have been vaccinated to 70% anyway.  

7 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

i read 3% the other day but that seems high now i think about it. anyone have any data on this?

Where has this happened.... vaccinated tourists have been let in?

In heavily vaccinated UK, they are claiming infection numbers are up in Scotland, due to fans returning, that attended the Euro games in England. 

Wait until after the final......

They are correct to be making demands of Phiphat, who is one of the grand sabateurs of the tourism industry here. 

And where is the anger? Where is the intolerance of such failure and stunning incompetency. When is it enough? How long will the people just lay down and take this nonsense? 

• Like 1