Had my Vaccine today.!

arick

In the village turned up as requested at 8.30 am with my good lady, at a special hall/centre.

Got numbers 42 & 43.

After 20 minutes of them setting up the computers & the record check areas along with disinfecting the hall & the actual jab areas (5 of)  off they went. .

By 9.45 am both jabbed with AZ & then had the 30 min mandatory wait to make sure no reaction took the "suggested insructions " for the next 6 days & off we went.

There was no suggestion that as a farang I would have to wait until last.

Incidently a suggestion that no alcohol or coffee for 5 days is a good one as 5 who drank in the first 4 days ended up in hospital overnight with heart palpatations

2nd dose 2 October (I am 70)

They jabbed 560 first day with AZ & aopprox 400 2nd day with whatever )not sure)

At all times they showed exactly what I have always said about Thai culture.

If the Govt gives them the vaccines they will organize to get them in the arms

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, natway09 said:

In the village turned up as requested at 8.30 am with my good lady, at a special hall/centre.

Got numbers 42 & 43.

After 20 minutes of them setting up the computers & the record check areas along with disinfecting the hall & the actual jab areas (5 of)  off they went. .

By 9.45 am both jabbed with AZ & then had the 30 min mandatory wait to make sure no reaction took the "suggested insructions " for the next 6 days & off we went.

Incidently a suggestion that no alcohol or coffee for 5 days is a good one as 5 who drank in the first 4 days ended up in hospital overnight with heart palpatations

They jabbed 560 first day with AZ & aopprox 400 2nd day with whatever )not sure)

Now you know what ' lucky ' numbers to choose for the next Lottery. 55555 ( 42&43)

The ones who drank coffee should have taken Sang Som...5555????????????

3 hours ago, DefaultName said:

She's 50, I doubt if she'll be contributing to the world's population again.

She might not.  My point was that a lot of guys imply they'd have sex with just about any woman regardless of what she looks like.

2 hours ago, StevieAus said:

You maybe have be looking in the wrong place, myself and several expat friends have received our first AstraZeneca shot from the local hospital.

Very orderly and professional not a shambles in site.

I did not say the vaccination service at the delivery point is a shambles, if you are lucky enough to get an appointment and if they are lucky enough to get a vaccine delivery they are organized, got mine last week. But many have not been able to get one, had appointments cancelled, the supply is way down and good vaccines ordered are like a mirage in the future. Taken as a whole the roll out is not going well at all.

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

Got numbers 42 & 43.

Congratulations.Good organization at vaccine centres seems to be an impressive characteristic of the Thailand rollout whether in the cities or in the provinces.This is what I am hearing from friends who - unlike me - are lucky enough to have vaccinated.

Not for the first time in Thailand has the expression "Lions led by donkeys" crossed my mind

• Like 2

On 6/24/2021 at 11:34 AM, arick said:

I asked on Tuesday regarding vaccines. While I was looking for my x partners newly born niece. The nurse that is usually a bitch. Took my ID card and photo copied it... And five minutes later called me and told me I had an appointment for Astra Zen the next day.

I was the only visible  farang. 

I always knew living in a small province like Chiayaphum that I would get the vaccine much faster then living in Bkk or a bigger populated province. There were other younger healthy looking people getting vaccinated also. 

This doesn't only apply to Thailand. In my present neck of the woods small town folks have it easier to get vaccinated. I'm in a bigger town with no contacts. This is in an EU country.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I live on a relatively small island registered a month ago and still waiting for my appointment and I’m 70 years young !

It's an Island I have a four lane highway from my house from Bkk and more money up here. 

This is typical of posts, showing why not to show your vaccination.

It is good to see a foreigner being vaccinated, but again it is very dispiriting for all those aged and at risk foreigners and to a lesser extent Thais in the same category who have not been prioritized and are currently desperate to be vaccinated, whilst trying to stay as safe as possible. Unlike every decent country who have a priority strategy universally endorsed by medical epidemiologists of vaccinating high risk first.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/journalist-andrew-marr-caught-covid-24407023

Journalist Andrew Marr caught covid even though he has been double vaccinated

He made the revelation on his BBC TV programme this morning.