Prominent doctor suggests one week lockdown of Bangkok to curb COVID-19 spread

snoop1130

24 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Firstly, no one is talking about “the next decade with ever recurring lockdowns “   Once herd immunities is reached throughout the world then the need for lockdowns will dissipate. You are already seeing that in the UK, US and many other countries. 
Secondly, the question of just how many more would have died is mostly irrelevant as I think we can all agree it would have been significant.  The current death toll stands at just under 4 million. Even a massively optimistic figure of twice as many deaths without lockdown would have meant another 4 million, 3 times, another 8 million.  I would suggest that any current “collateral damage” pales into insignificance compared to the deaths of another 4 or 8 or 12, million people,  
The fact is that lockdowns significantly reduced worldwide deaths and no matter what the economic costs (and I’m not belittling the struggle of the many who are suffering), it was the only course of action available to increasingly desperate governments throughout the world. 

And we must HOPE that these desperate governments actually learn from the inevitable mistakes made in 2020.

I wonder though.......????