Pattaya: "Online A Go-Go" busted - thirty arrests for Covid violations as bargirls sell "virtual drinks"

webfact

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

You have to feel sorry for the girls. Out of normal options for work, so trying to make ends meet with no government help and end up busted.

Out of normal options for prostitution, so trying to make ends meet with no government help for prostitutes and end up busted.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, BestB said:

OP is incorrect. Girls do NOT get 150 baht per drink . Drinks sold for 150 baht, girls get 40-50 baht per drink

That's the case in actual bars.   Perhaps virtual bars where no drinks are actually purchased are different, do you know how much the virtual customers get billed?

40 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't really understand the police getting involved in a completely harmless operation in a private house.

It's not as if they were selling alcohol, or even prostitutes, just a bit of harmless video streaming.

It's there in the OP, they were arrested for contravening Covid regulations on illegal gatherings.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I dont know that they are "out of options for normal work", many are choosing the easy option over a 7/11 cashier job. 

Can these girls even get a 7/11 or "normal" job without a college degree which I suspect most of them do not have?   Genuine question as I do not know the answer to this.     

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James105 said:

Can these girls even get a 7/11 or "normal" job without a college degree which I suspect most of them do not have?   Genuine question as I do not know the answer to this.     

Its probably harder at the moment but I think you will find there are jobs around for no degree etc, factories etc. 7/11 and factory jobs don't require a degree.

For many its a personal choice, 300 baht a day at 7/11 or 500 baht for a couple of hours, lady drinks, tips etc.

Up until last week my local 7/11 had a job vacancy sign in the widow.

8 minutes ago, James105 said:

Well, and I have posted this before, but the local PTT station has had two ex Pattaya ladies  working for them for a few months now.  

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What's the problem?

Only people who want to buy (virtual) drinks will do that.

Exactly.

In many ways, virtual drinks are better than being in the bar.  At least you can turn the volume down, rather than have to put up with the ridiculously loud music they play in the Nightwish bars.  ????  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Exactly.

In many ways, virtual drinks are better than being in the bar.  At least you can turn the volume down, rather than have to put up with the ridiculously loud music they play in the Nightwish bars.  ????  

Maybe they have the music so loud that customers concentrate on the important things. Or to quote Elvis: 

A little less conversation, a little more action, please
All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

I'm having trouble feeling sorry for someone selling "virtual" drinks.

What kind of people are these that need this kind of entertainment... I forgot - quality tourists that Pattaya needs and wants so much... 

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Lol - so many people whine on this forum about buying lady drinks (whether or not they actually contain booze) and here is a story about people buying "virtual" lady drinks !

What about "virtual" bar fines ?

Not sure where this one was filmed but I'm guessing it was somewhere similar to the one in the OP.

They are getting dangerously close to a charge of being in possession of war weapons.

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe they have the music so loud that customers concentrate on the important things.

I have no doubt their business model is purely about taking the girls upstairs.  

If so, how much money are they losing in drink sales in the bar, both to customers and on lady drinks, due to making an unpleasant environment in the bar?  

Also, given the rooms upstairs of many of the bars are terrible, not to mention the rooms aren't "cleaned" after each customer, and eventually the word will get around you are better off going for a soapy.   The rooms upstairs don't bother me, just saying.  

Thinking back to the high season just before covid, when tourists were around, I remember noting on a visit to Soi 6, and Nightwish owned bars, that the age of the majority of customers was mid 40's and older, yet the managers were young guys, playing the latest music, and playing it at nightclub loud volume.   Perfectly fine if you had a group of 10 young lads in the bar, having a wild time, but not when your customers are 45 and older.  

With some Soi 6 style bars popping up around Central Pattaya, but offering a more pleasant downstairs experience, and the new popularity of Gentleman's Clubs, I'm not sure the Nightwish bars will be able to stay with there current business model across all of their 25 bars in Soi 6 in the future.     

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Leaver said:

yet the managers were young guys, playing the latest music, and playing it at nightclub loud volume

You don't understand!

It's their bar and the music is played to entertain the manager and his girls. 

I bet that is what most of them "think". ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Out of normal options for prostitution, so trying to make ends meet with no government help for prostitutes and end up busted.

Does dancing in front of a camera while wearing a bikini count as prostitution these days?

What has the world come to .............

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Leaver said:

that the age of the majority of customers was mid 40's and older, yet the managers were young guys, playing the latest music, and playing it at nightclub loud volume. 

I'm a bit deaf, if it wasn't loud I couldn't hear it.

Despite that I quite like Hip-Hop, Reggaeton and Bachata.