Pattaya: "Online A Go-Go" busted - thirty arrests for Covid violations as bargirls sell "virtual drinks"

webfact

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Lol - so many people whine on this forum about buying lady drinks (whether or not they actually contain booze) and here is a story about people buying "virtual" lady drinks !

What about "virtual" bar fines ?

Not sure where this one was filmed but I'm guessing it was somewhere similar to the one in the OP.

These girls all look like disease ridden superspreaders to me........Good thing they got shut down........Do you guys think these girls would make good maids?

Edited by redwood1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You don't understand!

It's their bar and the music is played to entertain the manager and his girls. 

I bet that is what most of them "think". ???? 

It seems that way.

If one of the managers put up a sign that said, "Ring the bell and you get the music you like at the volume you like" his bar would do quite well.  ????

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Leaver said:

It seems that way.

If one of the managers put up a sign that said, "Ring the bell and you get the music you like at the volume you like" his bar would do quite well.  ????

That reminds me of a bar from a friend. Sometimes I was there in the afternoon and they played some, for my taste, horrible Thai music. I asked them about it and they told me: They bar is empty, no customers. So we play what we like. Door opens, possible customers looks inside the bar, listens, and closes the door from outside. TiT.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Susco said:

They could try to take up a normal job.

Have you tried finding some house staff, like a housemaid or something lately?

When I look at the jobs wanted sections online, they are deserted, so I guess everyone must be doing fine

I think that a bit harsh.... not many 'normal' jobs around Pattaya.... it is all tourism based.

Will your housemaid get a similar salary to a GGG?

Thaifriendly?

Edited by jacko45k

4 hours ago, Susco said:

When I look at the jobs wanted sections online, they are deserted, so I guess everyone must be doing fine

20210624_072606.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Susco said:

You want to claim those ladies made 1500 Bht/hour, every hour?

I don't know, but a 'friend' of mine would rather sit and play on her phone than work for less than 1,500bht/hr.

An hour or two of working every week pays for her necessities, and earns her more than working in 7-11 48hrs/week.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's the case in actual bars.   Perhaps virtual bars where no drinks are actually purchased are different, do you know how much the virtual customers get billed?

Guys pay 150-170, girls gets 40-50, works same way as bars. Only difference is in the bar she actually gets real alcohol, in web begging, usually a shot of water or some kind of juice

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Susco said:

I take it you are joking, the minimum wage is around 9,000 baht, a store managers wage is 15,000 baht, a bank managers wage between 40,000 and 50,000 baht and attractive bar worker at a minimum earns 100,000 baht. I admit I don't know the exact figures in Pattaya, my experience is in Bangkok. I believe it would be similar for the top operators.

Therefore I doubt the online dancers would be interested in a housekeepers wage, their commitments based on there previous salary would be substantial.

2 minutes ago, tukadadoll said:

I take it you are joking, the minimum wage is around 9,000 baht, a store managers wage is 15,000 baht, a bank managers wage between 40,000 and 50,000 baht and attractive bar worker at a minimum earns 100,000 baht. I admit I don't know the exact figures in Pattaya, my experience is in Bangkok. I believe it would be similar for the top operators.

Therefore I doubt the online dancers would be interested in a housekeepers wage, their commitments based on there previous salary would be substantial.

No I'm not joking at all.

Because they made extra money laying on their back, pun intended, doesn't mean you have to feel sorry for them when that door closes because of the pandemic.

If they want to have money there are plenty of other jobs available, that pay a salary that is in relation to the cost of living.

37 minutes ago, Susco said:

If they want to have money there are plenty of other jobs available, that pay a salary that is in relation to the cost of living.

How many of those jobs have accommodation provided? 

These live stream bar girls were living upstairs of the bar, I gather as a bonus for working for the bar.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Lol - so many people whine on this forum about buying lady drinks (whether or not they actually contain booze) and here is a story about people buying "virtual" lady drinks !

What about "virtual" bar fines ?

Not sure where this one was filmed but I'm guessing it was somewhere similar to the one in the OP.

Mickey Mouse has nice ears but the braces put me off

Convenience stores and supermarkets require a year 12 certificate, as do many other employers. For those that don't know, the last three years of the K12 education are optional, but very nearly all children do them as not having the year 12 paper is a real handicap. Many bar girls got pregnant and left before year 12.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, RayD said:

Convenience stores and supermarkets require a year 12 certificate, as do many other employers. For those that don't know, the last three years of the K12 education are optional, but very nearly all children do them as not having the year 12 paper is a real handicap. Many bar girls got pregnant and left before year 12.

This would explain why the bar girls that never had children charge more, because they are more highly educated.  ????

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, RayD said:

You're wrong

Tesco and 7-11 require at least a year 15 certificate.

7 hours ago, Susco said:

Any woman involved in sex work earns every penny.

Just scan this cess pit of misogyny and you get a clear idea of the <deleted> they put up with.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I believe there is upgrade levels with private viewing once you are in their payment system.

Still would like someone to tell me what part was illegal.

And I THOUGHT, emergency (tyranny) law states you can have up to 50 people in a gathering, up to I think 11 pm now?

As long as no alcohol.

Or do I have the wrong number?

Edited by Dart12

2 hours ago, tukadadoll said:

I take it you are joking, the minimum wage is around 9,000 baht, a store managers wage is 15,000 baht,

In Chiang Mai a Tesco (mini) graduate store manager is paid 25k/month for 6x 8hrs shifts a week (my neice).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1