Confusion in embassy regarding the 1 july openning

14 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Afaik it's not published in the Royal Gazette yet, thus the embassy has to wait for this before they can do anything related to the Phuket opening.

i also cannot do anything before the embassy issue COE so i told them just that...how

can i prepare for the GRAND OPENING if it is just 6 days away ???

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

6,000 foreigners arrive on Phuket Island July 1st, 7,000 are sent home on the 2nd minus large sums of money for not having the correct "Sandbox" paperwork, etc.

this is exactly my fear.

or worse : being sent to some hospital jail quarantine because of blah blah blah.

how stupid can they be?

you cannot say you will open phuket on 1 july, and in the same time do nothing

about it !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

this is exactly my fear.

or worse : being sent to some hospital jail quarantine because of blah blah blah.

how stupid can they be?

you cannot say you will open phuket on 1 july, and in the same time do nothing

about it !!!

it will be ready by June 30th

So in Thailand that means its ok for July 1st, so they are not wrong, don't laugh at my face

• Like 2

Seven days to go to the #PhuketReopening & the details still haven’t been published in the Royal Gazette. This means Thai embassies cannot issue a Certificate of Entry yet. Anyway, hotels cannot issue the QR Code needed for the COE until the SHABA website is launched on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1408064948186402831

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The embassies and Consulates of eligible countries from which travelers may enter Phuket, under the Phuket Sandbox Program, have not been able to update their Web sites with contents of the Phuket Sandbox Program, because the Thai Cabinet decision has not yet been published in the "Royal Gazette". 
Therefore, no travelers can arrive as early as 7/1/21.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Espanol said:

The embassies and Consulates of eligible countries from which travelers may enter Phuket, under the Phuket Sandbox Program, have not been able to update their Web sites with contents of the Phuket Sandbox Program, because the Thai Cabinet decision has not yet been published in the "Royal Gazette". 

Excellent, thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Afaik it's not published in the Royal Gazette yet, thus the embassy has to wait for this before they can do anything related to the Phuket opening.

But consulate needs 3 working days to process COE requests to Phuket.

Then, you must provide airplane tickets and booking at SHA+ hotel and then again 3 working days for consulate issuing COE.

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

Edited by Espanol

25 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

I would like to know just how the 1st of July arrivals  have booked anything and maybe why 700 must have cancelled or lost their money from the thousand arriving TAT quoted two days ago ????

the airlines do sell tickets for direct flights to phuket. fortunately, there is plenty of seats.

but who in his sane mind will book a ticket when the COE cannot even being prepared?

• Like 1

Rumours that people would be able to enter Thailand more conveniently through the sandbox scheme has prompted many to defer travel to Thailand in the hope that this would be true. Was the whole scheme secretly intended to reduce the number of foreign arrivals?

• Like 1

Just now, BritTim said:

Rumours that people would be able to enter Thailand more conveniently through the sandbox scheme has prompted many to defer travel to Thailand in the hope that this would be true. Was the whole scheme secretly intended to reduce the number of foreign arrivals?

No.

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

6,000 foreigners arrive on Phuket Island July 1st, 7,000 are sent home on the 2nd minus large sums of money for not having the correct "Sandbox" paperwork, etc.

There is only one correct paper  wich is the COE YOU get before departure. 

sarcasm is ok but not when you have no clue