Confusion in embassy regarding the 1 july openning

Thai embassies around the world have started to post information that people can apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE) from Monday onwards: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th Full details about the #PhuketSandbox is expected to be published in the Royal Gazette this weekend #ThailandImage

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1408595526069547010

Edited by anchadian

17 hours ago, Espanol said:

I mean that you can book a SHA+ hotel in Agoda and you don't need to pay anything in advance.

Yo have free cancellation until 2 days before the travel.

How does free cancellation work if you don't have to pay in advance? Does that imply you have to pay if you cancel the day prior to your supposed stay?????

1 minute ago, jomtienisgood said:

How does free cancellation work if you don't have to pay in advance? Does that imply you have to pay if you cancel the day prior to your supposed stay?????

Your card confirms the booking and if you cancel the day before they can debit it.

3 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

So that means paying??? 

Yep....not always the full price.....it might vary depending how close you are to the date you booked.......on the day tends to be 100%....day before might be 50%......etc.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jackdd said:

Afaik it's not published in the Royal Gazette yet, thus the embassy has to wait for this before they can do anything related to the Phuket opening.

And that is exactly why this Phuket Sandbox will fail miserably???? how can we book holiday in Phuket when they don’t have the details sorted 5 days from opening????????????

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Yep....not always the full price.....it might vary depending how close you are to the date you booked.......on the day tends to be 100%....day before might be 50%......etc.

Thanks for info. Sounds interesting.... 

• Thanks 2

On 6/25/2021 at 8:35 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

On the official web site of thai embassy in my country there is a countdown clock to the DAY OF OPENING of  phuket.

however when i ask them about the COE and detail , they come with the answer below, on 24 june, 6 days before

the planned opening :

You can only apply for Phuket sandbox COE  from Monday June 28th...????

Sounds like very few will make it for next Thursday! I know you would have to be mad to book NOW, but in the UK thousands booked holidays this year only to find out the receiving country wouldn't let them in, or wanted them to quarantine, or that they would have to quarantine on the way back. Lack of due diligence.

They are now all rebooking for this summer expecting it to be all OK....... Lemmings come to mind.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 1:05 PM, saakura said:

my intuition is that you wont go to Spain, but jump every hoop and try to be in Phuket

indeed this is what i plan. come to thailand and than fly to spain and wait there until thailand opens completely.

i have important and urgent things to do in thailand, otherwise i would not budder,

• Like 1

21 hours ago, anchadian said:

Thai embassies around the world have started to post information that people can apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE) from Monday onwards: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th Full details about the #PhuketSandbox is expected to be published in the Royal Gazette this weekend #ThailandImage

This is for Israel. There are no QR codes in the US other than new York State and that is a voluntary app.

On 6/25/2021 at 2:40 PM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

from my experience, agoda does require a payment. they first charge your card later refund.  but i will check it again. anyway, air ticket and insurance also have to be purchased for the COE to be issued.

I have already booked in Agoda hotels in Phuket and Bangkok next September and I didn't pay anything in advance.

I have free cancellation at any moment until 2 days before arriving to hotel.

On 6/26/2021 at 4:26 AM, anchadian said:

Already Sunday night and nothing published yet.

On 6/26/2021 at 6:32 AM, jomtienisgood said:

That means that you don't have to pay anything until 2 days before of arriving.

If you cancel before the deadline, you don't pay anything.

If you just "no show", they will charge full amount.

2 hours ago, Espanol said:

I have already booked in Agoda hotels in Phuket and Bangkok next September and I didn't pay anything in advance.

I have free cancellation at any moment until 2 days before arriving to hotel.

i think you can book the SHA hotels for the COE only via a special site.

you see, thai authorities do not trust us ai farang in anything.

that is why all those endless rules.

they think we are all crooks looking for any way we can cheat the system.

only thing they forget, is that the average amount we spend is 7 times more than the

thai minimum salary. nobody fly to thailand just to leave on som tam and dormitory bed.

5 minutes ago, Espanol said:

Already that date and time is due, no changings yet at the COE registration and still not published in Royal Gazette.

It is on the site now. It after you enter the info in the first steps to select your origin and etc.

image.png.438ae58464ca8394e5d6ce93ecd1d3dc.png

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is on the site now. It after you enter the info in the first steps to select your origin and etc.

image.png.438ae58464ca8394e5d6ce93ecd1d3dc.png

Waow. The first one is not open yet and there is choice in " sandcastles " . How long is this site going to be operating???

6 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

How long is this site going to be operating???

It is not a special site for the sandboxes and some have not been finalized yet.

It the same certificate of entry website used by everybody.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Sure about that?

image.png.8169d8654c0de4a9a2f8f56a6471c7a3.png

Yes sure:

Once approved

• Applicant finds and books a flight and Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) within 15 days

No Sandbox option at the moment. Only ASQ hotels for quarantine, as always.

At least, here: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

May be you know another link where Phuket Sandbox is adtive.

OK, I see now: they did not change first page to include Sandbox, but when you begin fulfilling the form you get Sandbox option anyway.

Thanks.

Edited by Espanol

On 6/25/2021 at 2:09 PM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

this is exactly my fear.

or worse : being sent to some hospital jail quarantine because of blah blah blah.

how stupid can they be?

you cannot say you will open phuket on 1 july, and in the same time do nothing

about it !!!

Remember this is Thailand, they can say anything. True or not

Well, a new issue now with COE:

"Travellers to Phuket Sandbox can apply for COE 30 days prior to the arrival date in Thailand".

Thet dont let travelleres ask for COE more than 30 days before the travel.

I can not wait until last minute to book hotels, get insurance and buy airplanes tickets, so I must buy everything now and just hope than I will get COE short before travelling to Thailand.

They need some days to process COE, so I will get the answer short before my travel and with little time to react if they deny my COE. ????

No time to provide new documents if they don't accept anything

It's crazy

Edited by Espanol