Confusion in embassy regarding the 1 july openning

55 minutes ago, Espanol said:

This is what ThaiVisaCentre came up with.

Due to the delay in implementing the system, and getting things approved it is advisable to delay your sandbox stay after at least July 4th

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

the airlines do sell tickets for direct flights to phuket. fortunately, there is plenty of seats.

but who in his sane mind will book a ticket when the COE cannot even being prepared?

Yes, but Phuket governor said yesterday that only tourists arriving in Thai Airways would be accepted. So nobody knows now.

Edited by theoldgit
Link in breach of Forum Rules removed.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Its looking to me like a big con part with your non refundable money for a SHA+ hotel and cant get out of your own country because of this onerous COE rubbish????

You can book refundable SHA+ hotels in Agoda.

Edited by Espanol

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

The easy answer to this is to forget Thailand either stay home or book somewhere else, save the headaches

i will go to spain...no quaranine, no covid test required....and not so much covid anyway !!

just hope on the plane and come (from low risk countries incl. all europe)....

thailand allways try to play like a world leading country, better than spain and u.k. and u.s. (where no CEO nonsense is needed) and that is allways funny

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

many people had and have important things to do in thailand, and they delay it

because of the quarantine.

we are not all sexpats , if you could notice from your tiki taka

Hmm... dont have any idea what cant wait few days , rush can make your waiting even longer.

Nobody assume you are sexpat or what ever, coz sexual activity is prohibited in Phuket or you cant do that in your own hotelroom whit other person.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

the airlines do sell tickets for direct flights to phuket. fortunately, there is plenty of seats.

but who in his sane mind will book a ticket when the COE cannot even being prepared?

didn't you,  (it sounded like you were desperate to come)

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Yes you can book, try getting the refund

I mean that you can book a SHA+ hotel in Agoda and you don't need to pay anything in advance.

Yo have free cancellation until 2 days before the travel.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

not so sure.

and how bout the flight? i lost allready few air tickets in this corona mayhem.

some airlines just wont talk  to you or that they will spend dozens of hours before paying back

Yes, real problem is airplane ticket, that you must pay in advance, just to get COE.

Some airlines let you buy tickets that you can cancel or change dates at anytime, but at nearly doble price than normal tickets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Espanol said:

I mean that you can book a SHA+ hotel in Agoda and you don't need to pay anything in advance.

Yo have free cancellation until 2 days before the travel.

from my experience, agoda does require a payment. they first charge your card later refund.  but i will check it again. anyway, air ticket and insurance also have to be purchased for the COE to be issued.

4 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i would definately come on 1 july if i only knew how

Unless you have some desperate urge or serious need to arrive in Phuket at the stroke of midnight on the 30th of June, why not postpone it to August, or better still, November and avoid all the stress of not knowing how it is going to pan out?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i will go to spain...no quaranine, no covid test required....and not so much covid anyway 

Ummm...my intuition is that you wont go to Spain, but jump every hoop and try to be in Phuket as soon as possible because as you mention in a later post, "not everyone is a sexpat and some have important work to do" which i am sure cannot be done from Spain.

• Sad 1

Qatar air website states a covid test 72 hours before departure is required, elsewhere in a section dedicated to Phuket it states 72 hours before arrival, i asked for clarification and they sent me ....information on visas, everybody is clueless

• Like 1

Once the announcement in the Royal Gazette is available, we can then start discussing the ambiguities and omissions. 

31 minutes ago, gim12 said:

Qatar air website states a covid test 72 hours before departure is required, elsewhere in a section dedicated to Phuket it states 72 hours before arrival, i asked for clarification and they sent me ....information on visas, everybody is clueless

This may end up being a good example. I pity airlines trying to decide whether to infuriate paying customers by denying boarding, or risk fines by the Thai authorities for failure to enforce the rules.

Where's the confusion? This has been publicized a number of time that until the final official approval has been given the embassies can't move forward with COE because they do t have the final regs. Yes it's frustrating that it's thus close to opening but it's valid. The real source of the confusion comes from all the media stories quoting anyone in govt that will talk and publishing it as if it's fact. People have just been trying to jump the ahead with bookings without final approval 

Edited by Dan O

I applied Sunday night and was pre approved for my COE by the Royal Thai Consulate in Chicago on Monday morning. I spoke with someone at the Consulate Friday afternoon Chicago time after the notice was posted on the COE website about the site being ready at noon Monday Thai time. I asked whether the pre approved COE I received earlier in the week would work for the Phuket sandbox or if it should be cancelled so I could start over on Monday. 

I was told that the pre approval was fine and that on Monday I could use the 6 digit COE code to complete the process of uploading hotel and flight information to get my final COE. I'm scheduled to be on a (cancellable/changeable) flight on Wednesday night, arriving July 2. We shall see. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

what means (in simple english)?

Because Thailand. Simple English? they are not very good at planning, nor doing it quickly, nor do it in a logical fashion, and is usually self serving.

After a decade of living there Id say things work at 2 speeds--slow, and stop.

• Like 1