First Covid shot

KarenBravo

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

One more thing.......an Immigration police officer was wandering around, but I didn't see him actually do anything.

They were there for the check of your passport copies (after the temperature taking, before the blood pressure taking), some might wander around a bit out of boredom, but I doubt they were actually supposed to do anything besides the check of the visas/copies.

19 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Went to Karon for the first shot. From entry to leaving was four hours. The place was packed.

Second shot will happen on the 17th September.

Do you happen to know what you were injected with? Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Just watched a documentary on BBC that they set up more than a 100 pop up vaccination centers in the UK where poeple just can show up to get the jab. They have the choice betweem AZ, Pfizer and Moderna. Thailand, do you hear me ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

They were there for the check of your passport copies (after the temperature taking, before the blood pressure taking), some might wander around a bit out of boredom, but I doubt they were actually supposed to do anything besides the check of the visas/copies.

But, they never asked for copies.........of anything. Maybe because of all the Burmese present.

Just now, RedCardinal said:

What time appointment please?

My original appointment was for 13:00 hrs, but I was put in the 12:00 hrs group.

Appointment time counted for nothing. It was the time that you got your ticket first that determined which time group you were put in.

I explain in the Phuket thread that I initiated.

18 hours ago, oldcpu said:

In Karon Orchard Spa during the timeframe when I was there (08:30am to 10:15am), when the 'masses' were much too close at times, the volunteers helping with the vaccination process would walk through with portable loudspeakers, asking people to spread out - and threatening to cancel the days vaccination if this did not take place.  It was an ongoing effort to try and reduce 'huddling' - as very very clearly, a larger separation between people would have been desirable. 

People would get closer and then instructed to separate more.

I do note every one I observed was wearing a mask, properly as well, although I believe masks only partly effective.

Still , with the efforts of the volunteers to have the crowd separate, and those in the crowd wearing masks properly, it does show an effort was made, and not just people huddled closely together ignoring all safety precautions.

Further I also note only 2 new cases reported in Phuket yesterday. The last time Phuket had more than 10 new cases in one day was back in mid-May.  The # of cases too is a factor.

That is not to say separation is not appropriate in vaccinations centers, as separation is very very appropriate - and I would like to see a better effort.  But it does give a factor for addressing your comment "I wonder how many of the new "cases" in the context of Phuket?  i.e.  IMHO unlikely many cases and most likely no 'new' cases. 

However the efforts still have to continue even more, for there being adequate separation.

Why don't they do the vaccinations  outdoors?

i too was in Karon for my first jab. I didn't receive any sort of sticker in my passport to say i'd had the jab, did anyone else get one?. Apart from a bit of paper with the second appt date on which could easily be lost, how would any immigration outside of Thailand know i had been vaxxed if i needed to travel abroad to somewhere you need to show proof?. Or do you get something official in your passport after the second jab?

3 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

i saw one walking around too, but never had my passport or visa copies checked anywhere along the process.

9 minutes ago, PST said:

i too was in Karon for my first jab. I didn't receive any sort of sticker in my passport to say i'd had the jab, did anyone else get one?. Apart from a bit of paper with the second appt date on which could easily be lost, how would any immigration outside of Thailand know i had been vaxxed if i needed to travel abroad to somewhere you need to show proof?. Or do you get something official in your passport after the second jab?

Lady on mic said go to Chalong hospital for a vax card.

Edit she also said 20 day waiting period for travel out of Phuket.

Edited by LivinginKata
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, PST said:

If you have had one jab, you go to Chalong hospital and they will give you an official paper that allows you to travel within Thailand so you don't have to quarantine when you come back to Phuket.

After two jabs, you go to Chalong hospital where they will give you the same piece of paper recording both jabs. These papers are only valid in Thailand.

Once you have your paper showing that you've had two jabs, you have to swap this paper at Suvarnabumi airport where you will be given a world recognized certificate that you can show in other countries.

There is no sticker in your passport. Don't know how that rumour got started, or if it was changed.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

Once you have your paper showing that you've had two jabs, you have to swap this paper at Suvarnabumi airport where you will be given a world recognized certificate that you can show in other countries.

Thanks, but what if you are travelling direct from Phuket elsewhere, not suvvanabhumi?, not neccessarily now, but in the future?

2 minutes ago, PST said:

Thanks, but what if you are travelling direct from Phuket elsewhere, not suvvanabhumi?, not neccessarily now, but in the future?

Can't say for sure. Why don't you call Phuket airport and find out.

I presume they will have the same procedures as at Swampy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Thais get a sticker for each shot on back of ID card.  But still need certificate to get back into Thailand.  My wife just come back few hours ago.  No temp reading. Just glanced at the paper.

Yes, at the second point upstairs i could clearly see rolls of stickers on the desk, obviously for the Thais.

• Like 1

Went to Orchid Karon for a 9am appointment, got there at 8am, they were already accepting people, from arrival to needle approx 30mins, waiting after needle 30mins. 

A total breeze.

After 1 dose you can travel anywhere domestically without tests.

Pick up paperwork to show at inspection points (if needed) from Chalong hospital the following day.

2nd shot 18 September....if there's any vaccine left!

• Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 7:20 PM, connda said:

I wonder how many of the new "cases" happened when the masses were huddled together in close proximity while waiting in long lines to get a shot?  ????  Sorta defeats the purpose now doesn't it? 

I have been to the vaccination location here in CM, International Conference Center, about a 1000 just at the start.  Nobody huddled,  everybody wearing masks. No increase in cases here since starting vaccine rollout.  Maybe people act differently where you are from.

8 hours ago, Deli said:

Just watched a documentary on BBC that they set up more than a 100 pop up vaccination centers in the UK where poeple just can show up to get the jab. They have the choice betweem AZ, Pfizer and Moderna. Thailand, do you hear me ?

Listen to the country with one of the wordt records, even now still 16k infections a day, 5* Thailand's number? I surely hope not.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

But, they never asked for copies.........of anything. Maybe because of all the Burmese present.

Copies of your visa and passport were required and mentioned on the check list of things to bring when you made your appointment. Mine were looked at at every stage of the process, but not 'checked' as such.

• Like 1