Patong Tunnel, at 3.98km long, to cost B14.4bn, work slated to start in 2023

webfact

1624619969_1-org.jpg

Image: Expressway Authority of Thailand / file

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Construction of the long-awaited Patong Tunnel project, spanning 3.98km from Kathu to Patong at a cost of B14.47 billion, is now expected to begin in 2023 and open for service in 2027, Expressway Authority of Thailand (EXAT) Deputy Governor Gardphajon Udomdhammabhakdi has revealed.

Mr Gardphajon was in Phuket in person yesterday (June 24) to be updated on progress on several transit megaprojects on the island, including the Patong Tunnel.

At a meeting of the Sub-Committee on Land Traffic Management of Phuket at Phuket Provincial Hall chaired by Phuket Vice Governor Vikrom Jakthee, Mr Gardphajon explained that the Public-Private Partnership Policy Committee had agreed in principle with the project.

Source: https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-tunnel-at-3-98km-long-to-cost-b14-4bn-work-slated-to-start-in-2023-80465.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-06-26

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I quite like the roller coaster ride over the hill on my bike....????, I hope they don't close it after this tunnel...., imagine 4km under the ground in this heat...., and a breakdown....! ????

And an accident!

• Haha 1

The Thai people are on there knees due to the devastating economic effects of Covid with no sign of recovery in the foreseeable future and the Government keep finding ways to misappropriate funds which could surely be better spent to benefit the people and do at a later date. Amazing Thailand 

• Like 1

Well, USA has just approved trillions of dollars on infrastructure projects, to improve things there, and to stimulate their economy in the process, but it's a bit different there...., here it will be companies owned by a few rich guys , hiring cheap foreign labour to build such projects, so not as much help for local economy, but they still need to eat and some other logistical requirements that could benefit local economy....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nkg said:

Who needs a tunnel to get over Patong Hill?

Capture.JPG.b7c13ff56ebd166ccb4e96c23cb859d6.JPG

I guess about 12 Mio tourists who invade Phuket every year ...;-)

Edited by xcell
orthographic error