Pattaya: 121 foreigners and Thais arrested drinking alcohol at restaurants and beach gatherings

webfact

8 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

An awful lot of very naive & very selfish people on here, these are the deniers who think they should be allowed to party their days away positive or not, stuff the rest of humanity I wanna party.

I did not see any one besides you saying infected people should be out partying infecting others.

However what people do say is that covid is not a killer like you make it out to be, as clearly shown people infected were out partying and did not even feel sick

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BestB said:

How about all other 5 year olds who get killed in car accidents, leukemia or starvation or million other reasons,?

Save the pathetic violin playing for another occasion

This is a covid thread, I'm sure if there was a thread about car accidents, leukemia or starvation we would also express sympathy. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BestB said:

How about all other 5 year olds who get killed in car accidents, leukemia or starvation or million other reasons,?

Save the pathetic violin playing for another occasion

In any case, he hasn't provided the link yet.  I read that a 5-year-old had been infected, but haven't seen anything that suggests the child died.  Many children get infected, but very few suffer severe effects.  

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Believe me - I protect myself as much as possible. And what might be a normal life for people like you causes a huge burden to others.

There are laws for a reason. And people not obeying them need to get punished. It is not only about Covid. It is about "driving under influence" and endless other things. We don't need such people that like the anarchy. We like to live in a democracy even if this is not always easy for everyone.

The sad thing is that there is often no law enforcement and so some people think that people living according laws are stupid idiots that just get on their nerves. And so such people obeying the laws get punished in the end. But it is up to the government and to the law enforcement to change this. It is not enough to generate laws and regulations that look good in the news. 

You can google stupid laws in human history and I want to know if you agree and you would obey everyone of them? 

You are selfish. Why you want to ruin young people college years only because you are scared? They aren't in danger from this virus. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, dennnis said:

You can google stupid laws in human history and I want to know if you agree and you would obey everyone of them? 

You are selfish. Why you want to ruin young people college years only because you are scared? They aren't in danger from this virus. 

What in your opinion is the most stupid law in history? No problem if you use Google. 

1 minute ago, Mickeymaus said:

What in your opinion is the most stupid law in history? No problem if you use Google. 

Don't know the most stupid, but one of the most stupidest is for sure wearing a mask outside at 35° celsius. Many of the world leading epidemiologists have the same opinion as me. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

At the moment a stupid law is not allowing people to drink safely outdoors in controlled environments where the virus doesn't spread as easily as it does in condo parties and illegal drinking establishments.   Has prohibition ever worked?  These people (and so many others like it) will just go somewhere else, probably even less ventilated and uncontrolled.  

I know a lot of you on here think it's not important to allow these places to at least partially open, but there are some very real world consequences and harms caused by not allowing people to make a living in these places - such as this incredibly sad story:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/28/freelance-musicians-death-raises-public-concerns-over-financial-crisis-in-thailand-during-covid-19-outbreak/

4 hours ago, dennnis said:

Don't know the most stupid, but one of the most stupidest is for sure wearing a mask outside at 35° celsius. Many of the world leading epidemiologists have the same opinion as me. 

No they don't.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

Must be one and the same. Oopsy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52903717

Where are the other "many" Einsteins?

Dr Tegnell, who is Sweden's state epidemiologist and in charge of the country's response to Covid-19, told BBC News in April that the high death toll was mainly because homes for the elderly had been unable to keep the disease out, although he emphasised that "does not disqualify our strategy as a whole".

Nothing to do with the mask wearing. 

16 hours ago, dennnis said:

A little 'head in the sand'......

Laws are not discriminatory and being a member of society obliges you to go along with them.

The selfish tag can also be applied to the kids who become part of the transmission chain.... I am not pleased to see my later retirement years wasting away as they seem to be now. Collective effort is a better force than every person for themselves......selves, the root of selfish.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Xonax said:

All 107 arrested persons should have been sent directly to 14 days of self payed ASQ quarantine before their appearance in court. Why were only the police required to quarantine?  By the way - Isn´t the Shisha pipes in the photo illegal in Thailand?

If I was the police I'd make sure the foreigners tested positive so that they get the full covid treatment !!

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

A little 'head in the sand'......

Laws are not discriminatory and being a member of society obliges you to go along with them.

The selfish tag can also be applied to the kids who become part of the transmission chain.... I am not pleased to see my later retirement years wasting away as they seem to be now. Collective effort is a better force than every person for themselves......selves, the root of selfish.

Maybe you have head in the sand. In a lot of countries supreme court ruled out that some laws are discriminatory. 

2 hours ago, dennnis said:

Maybe you have head in the sand. In a lot of countries supreme court ruled out that some laws are discriminatory. 

I am not in a lot of countries, just this one!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dennnis said:

Sorry, I was thinking that we are talking about democratic countries. 

Topic is...

Pattaya: 121 foreigners and Thais arrested drinking alcohol at restaurants and beach gatherings

7 hours ago, dennnis said:

Dr Tegnell, who is Sweden's state epidemiologist and in charge of the country's response to Covid-19, told BBC News in April that the high death toll was mainly because homes for the elderly had been unable to keep the disease out, although he emphasised that "does not disqualify our strategy as a whole".

Nothing to do with the mask wearing. 

You said: Don't know the most stupid, but one of the most stupidest is for sure wearing a mask outside at 35° celsius. Many of the world leading epidemiologists have the same opinion as me. 

I know who he is. There is nothing to show that the (non) mask wearing did not worsen the spread. What Tengell said is indeed nothing to do with mask-wearing or temperature but he didn't say he has the same opinion as you, either.

Masks do not guarantee protection but they do afford quite a lot of it - millions of health workers agree with me!  

26 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You said: Don't know the most stupid, but one of the most stupidest is for sure wearing a mask outside at 35° celsius. Many of the world leading epidemiologists have the same opinion as me. 

I know who he is. There is nothing to show that the (non) mask wearing did not worsen the spread. What Tengell said is indeed nothing to do with mask-wearing or temperature but he didn't say he has the same opinion as you, either.

Masks do not guarantee protection but they do afford quite a lot of it - millions of health workers agree with me!  

The law in Thailand say that you must wear a mask if you are alone on a deserted island. Is it that stupid or not?