Pattaya: 121 foreigners and Thais arrested drinking alcohol at restaurants and beach gatherings

webfact

Dear Foreign Tourist.

You Are Here  (and you thought you came here to relax and have fun instead of being thrown into a Thai jail - for relaxing and having fun!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Let us not forget that the Police as a whole must be hurting.

They are going to extort the maximum out of these farang.  So unnecessary, when apps can be used to meet new Thai friends.  ????

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I never see reports on what happens to these people after they are arrested. Are they sent to some prison to get Covid?

They just pay. Then all forgotten. 555

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

just remember peeps..

gathering in a bar BAD

gathering in a factory GOOD! ????

carry on.

Don't forget gathering in schools good. The kids can take gifts for grandmother.

Be careful folks.  Children of LE all over the country are being pulled out of their international schools (amazing how many can afford it in good times), not all of those parents are going to be so willing and will still find a way to get that tuition.

18 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I never see reports on what happens to these people after they are arrested. Are they sent to some prison to get Covid?

The ones disguised as leaves, or hiding behind plants will be sent to maximum security to get Covid. 

They will be regarded as escape risks, and not allowed to wonder in the prison grounds in case they find some leaves and encourage others to escape as a Banana. 

14 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

"Some tried to disguise themselves with leaves, said the media without explaining fully. "

One can only assume: "Don't look at me, I'm a palm tree." 

Look I have Coconut's

16 hours ago, Mad mick said:

who cares , every one in world wide should stand up for freedom , no ccp lockdown the entire supposed democratic country's have swallowed draconian sh

Perhaps everyone in the world does not agree with you......

• Like 1

Give them a lesson about what alcohol does to the body, tell them it's a Grade 1 carcinogen, show them lots of videos and pictures about this, then let them go. If they reoffend, then they are suicidal. Yes, it's an unpopular viewpoint, but I can't understand why people drink alcohol when they must know what a carcinogen is and what alcohol does to you.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

Give them a lesson about what alcohol does to the body, tell them it's a Grade 1 carcinogen, show them lots of videos and pictures about this, then let them go. If they reoffend, then they are suicidal. Yes, it's an unpopular viewpoint, but I can't understand why people drink alcohol when they must know what a carcinogen is and what alcohol does to you.

A couple of drinks is actually good for you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

Everything's a carcinogen these days, including the air you breathe in most places. When life is boring or crappy, alcohol, in moderation, makes it better. I'll take 5 years of a better life than 10 of a boring one. I'm sure when I'm in the hospital, dying of cancer, I'll be thinking different but until then, cheers!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BestB said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Testing for Covid would be pointless as they weren't arrested for potentially being carriers, they were arrested for breaking Covid-related regulations on gatherings and alcohol consumption.

I am sorry , i can not be bothered getting into yet another idiotic debate with you where you lack any and all logic or common sense

So there's something "idiotic", "illogical" and "lacking in common sense" about my pointing out the actual reasons for their arrests?    

Edited by Liverpool Lou