Pattaya: 121 foreigners and Thais arrested drinking alcohol at restaurants and beach gatherings

webfact

On 6/26/2021 at 11:14 AM, Mickeymaus said:

The problem is that there is often no severe punishment and so some people don't care much. Or they are mentally not able to get the message. Chonburi reported today 320 new cases with many in Banglamung. 

"Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced they have 320 new cases and two more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (55), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (113), Sattahip (57), Si Racha (69). The total cases so far is now 7,527 with 2,276 remaining in care #Thailand"

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1408574759764250627/photo/1

Catching the Covids is the punishment, the more people you are in contact with the bigger chance of catching it. 121 in a bar I think would be hi risk yet 20 on a beach in the fresh air would be extreme low risk unless you're huddled together like penguins in Antarctica. Drinking alcohol would have no affect on transmission rate. Being banged up in Pattaya police jail without alcohol for hrs will be extreme high risk. Similar to having 500 people crammed together in the market every evening.

23 minutes ago, Paul Kernell said:

You really think so?  I think you need a lesson in reality son.

I don't need any lessons from the likes of you, apart from trying to remember to put a question mark after my questions.

That is all my post is, a question. I am not saying that I believe that is the case, just a possibilty.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1

Looks like they're starting to crack down given the sentences passed out to the mob caught in Bangkok. Not exactly harsh but IMO not needed to be, just give a sign to stop extracting the urine.

15 minutes ago, anchadian said:

UPDATE: Five people test positive for Covid -19 in #Pattaya raid on restaurants allegedly violating Covid -19 rules.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/28/update-five-people-test-positive-for-covid-19-in-pattaya-raid-on-restaurants-allegedly-violating-covid-19-rules/

If they continue like this there might be no police left anymore... From the article 

"The Chonburi Provincial Police has issued an urgent order in which 37 people who were involved in the raid must be quarantined for 14 days. This group contains the 26 police at the scene as well as support staff at the police station." 

Edited by Mickeymaus

UPDATE: Five people test positive for Covid -19 in Pattaya raid on restaurants allegedly violating Covid -19 rules

S__13295628.jpg

Five people have been confirmed with Covid -19 over the past weekend in Pattaya after a raid on two restaurants allegedly violating Covid -19 rules. Dozens of police and support team members involved in the raid are currently being quarantined.

Medical staff from the Banglamung Hospital conducted Covid -19 tests at the Pattaya City Police Station for 107 people who had been arrested and 26 police, reporters, and first responders who were involved in the raid over the past weekend.

Yesterday, (June 27th), Banglamung Hospital staff confirmed the results of Covid-19 testing from the raids, stating they found five confirmed cases which consist of two male foreigners and three Thai women. These five individuals have been immediately moved to hospitals for medical supervision/support.  Under Thai Covid-19 policy, all positive patients must go to a hospital or hospital facility, like a field hospital, while in “treatment” regardless if they are asymptomatic or how they feel.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/28/update-five-people-test-positive-for-covid-19-in-pattaya-raid-on-restaurants-allegedly-violating-covid-19-rules/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2021-06-28

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

UPDATE: Five people test positive for Covid -19 in Pattaya raid on restaurants allegedly violating Covid -19 rules

S__13295628.jpg

Five people have been confirmed with Covid -19 over the past weekend in Pattaya after a raid on two restaurants allegedly violating Covid -19 rules. Dozens of police and support team members involved in the raid are currently being quarantined.

Medical staff from the Banglamung Hospital conducted Covid -19 tests at the Pattaya City Police Station for 107 people who had been arrested and 26 police, reporters, and first responders who were involved in the raid over the past weekend.

Yesterday, (June 27th), Banglamung Hospital staff confirmed the results of Covid-19 testing from the raids, stating they found five confirmed cases which consist of two male foreigners and three Thai women. These five individuals have been immediately moved to hospitals for medical supervision/support.  Under Thai Covid-19 policy, all positive patients must go to a hospital or hospital facility, like a field hospital, while in “treatment” regardless if they are asymptomatic or how they feel.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/28/update-five-people-test-positive-for-covid-19-in-pattaya-raid-on-restaurants-allegedly-violating-covid-19-rules/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2021-06-28

despite all Fear mongering having Covid does not mean death or sick that unable to function. Here is a gutter proof of that , out drinking and party .

naturally older and those with underlying conditions have more severe symptoms.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, BestB said:

One is a local Thai place, catering for locals of lets say certain class, the other place is an arab place, catering to Arabs and whales who are into Arabs????

I am almost certain both places were snitched on by neighbors, the local one is located amongst a few similar places, so no doubt biz next door made the call and other one is located in that dead arab soi, which is dead empty with no lights, again with a few similar biz up  that soi.

I watched the video. Where are the "whales"? I did not see any big girls there at all. Any smaller and they would be like children. Do you like girls smaller than shown there? If they are "whales", then goodness knows what you like....or are you just being nasty for the sake of it?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

But having Covid and not caring about precautionary measures puts others at risk. Somehow people seem not to get this message and only care about their own health. Good that laws and regulations are enforced to protect others from such people. 

No doubt , my point was Covid does not mean death or hospital bed unable to move. One can have Covid and get over it without any medical assistance or even feeling unwell

14 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

if ever there was any doubt in my mind its "everywhere" its gone now.

Yes, it is rather frightening that this quite random testing produced a high number of positives... and one has to wonder, if the the proportions are the reality in Pattaya.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

I watched the video. Where are the "whales"? I did not see any big girls there at all. Any smaller and they would be like children. Do you like girls smaller than shown there? If they are "whales", then goodness knows what you like....or are you just being nasty for the sake of it?

Next time look at their height horizontally not vertically 

All 107 arrested persons should have been sent directly to 14 days of self payed ASQ quarantine before their appearance in court. Why were only the police required to quarantine?  By the way - Isn´t the Shisha pipes in the photo illegal in Thailand?

Edited by Xonax
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

But having Covid and not caring about precautionary measures puts others at risk. Somehow people seem not to get this message and only care about their own health. Good that laws and regulations are enforced to protect others from such people. 

Why you don't protect yourself and let others to leave their normal lifes? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, BestB said:

Next time look at their height horizontally not vertically 

Next time? Why not now? You have the video...screenshot them and point them out. According to you, it should be all of them.

Sad...very sad. Something must really be getting you down.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, it is rather frightening that this quite random testing produced a high number of positives... and one has to wonder, if the the proportions are the reality in Pattaya.

Yet we still have foreigners taking their noses out for a walk in the supermarkets.... exceptionalism.

1 hour ago, dennnis said:

Why you don't protect yourself and let others to leave their normal lifes? 

Believe me - I protect myself as much as possible. And what might be a normal life for people like you causes a huge burden to others.

There are laws for a reason. And people not obeying them need to get punished. It is not only about Covid. It is about "driving under influence" and endless other things. We don't need such people that like the anarchy. We like to live in a democracy even if this is not always easy for everyone.

The sad thing is that there is often no law enforcement and so some people think that people living according laws are stupid idiots that just get on their nerves. And so such people obeying the laws get punished in the end. But it is up to the government and to the law enforcement to change this. It is not enough to generate laws and regulations that look good in the news. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Yet we still have foreigners taking their noses out for a walk in the supermarkets.... exceptionalism.

Perhaps that is because under their noses, are mouths, which need feeding?

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

I agree.... people failing to wear masks correctly in the Mall when I was there... all foreigners.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, BestB said:

despite all Fear mongering having Covid does not mean death or sick that unable to function. Here is a gutter proof of that , out drinking and party .

naturally older and those with underlying conditions have more severe symptoms.

How naive and selfish.

Try telling that to the parents of the 5 year old that died whilst infected last week.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

I never forget AIDS that caused a desaster (for a while) to the endless very special tourist attractions here. Thailand attracts many quality tourists that don't care about anything. But the question is again - does Thailand care?

53 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

How naive and selfish.

Try telling that to the parents of the 5 year old that died whilst infected last week.

An awful lot of very naive & very selfish people on here, these are the deniers who think they should be allowed to party their days away positive or not, stuff the rest of humanity I wanna party.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

How naive and selfish.

How about all other 5 year olds who get killed in car accidents, leukemia or starvation or million other reasons,?

Save the pathetic violin playing for another occasion

• Like 1
  • Sad 1