school closings

1FinickyOne

my niece just told me her school in CM is closed next week...

Any info as to expected duration is welcome

I have been told this is nationwide - and that CM area is still pretty much clean of the virus... 

Again. Any info welcome.. 

read on TV forum day before that had a link to the Nation article about school closings in the North.  while the TV forum didn't include any schools other than in Petchabun, the link indicated that Sarasot, Monfort and the Chiang Mai Technical college were shut down due to infections. If more, then that is possible too.  My daughters' school is closed for the summer break (Chiang Mai International School).

I haven't heard of any others yet.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, passiflora said:

In Ban Dung, Udon Prov, a Catholic primary school is closed until the second quarter, others seem to run normally 

I was told that that school was closed due to some pupils becoming infected due to 2 pupils having been to Phetchabun with their parents. Where they stayed was also where a party from Bangkok had stayed for a weekend and it was they that had infected the children. Another reason why Bangkok should be shut tight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Gf's government school in Khonburi still open BUT she cannot have Covid Jab till mid August. I think that this is shameful as she is in daily contact with students (and young people are more likely to be asymtomatic) and who knows who the parents have been in contact with - mostly farmers who have to go to market to sell their produce.

I think that teachers should be a vaccination priority or schools closed until thay are vaccinated.

• Like 1

The governor of Nakhon Ratchasima has just published such an order : all schools closed for 2 weeks.

No cases whatsoever have been discovered in schools... They are simply terrified by the "workers", infected of course, who flee from Bangkok (after construction sites were closed).

Again no proof, no science... just the need to do something, to show virtue, etc.

So you can be sure that other governors will take the same decision in the coming hours.

• Thanks 1