Thailand includes itself in list of 'high risk' countries

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, samisaurus said:

1 thing people here dont mention enough and has been forgotten about is kicking out a lot of foreigners on September 26th. I was one of those that left on Sept 25th and since then I've lived in various countries for several months. Funnily enough all that money i spent in Turkey, Bulgaria, Macedonia, etc couldve gone towards Thailand. Im now in the EU where things are quite open and life back to normal. Most places Ive been going to dont require masks. Thailand couldve had all that revenue from me and the other tourists flowing into their economy, but no..... they wanted to prove a point that tourists have their limits. I still remember all the fear monguering stories by police departments how we'll be arrested and searched after Sep 26th, along with many embassies not wanting to provide letters. 

What's the saying again.... Som nam naa ? 

Sept 26.

I don't recall the you are being kicked out thing, care to elaborate ?

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Thailand has Taiwan listed as a country. 

They are in trouble with their communist masters now. 

no problem: just a "misunderstanding", a "misinterpretation", "misleading political signals", "Chinese missed to fix problem themselves!!!", "mispick of only just one word" etc etc

Thailand: the hub of phoney excuses and a thousand interpretations of just one problem

3 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

A Thai or foreigner (regardless of vaccination status) in Thailand can visit The Netherlands for any purpose. No tests before or after flights are required, nor any quarantine or isolation necessary. 

Edited 2 hours ago by Gulfsailor

Sounds very lenient, so as a Brit I could fly Bangkok to Amsterdam with KLM and a 72hour pre flight negative Covid test is not required and neither am I required to book tests or quarantine in Amsterdam.

Where can I verify these current requirements.

Edited by sapson

1 minute ago, sapson said:

Sounds very lenient, so as a Brit I could fly Bangkok to Amsterdam with KLM and a 72houur pre flight negative Covid test is not required and neither am I required to book tests or quarantine in Amsterdam.

My pals  fly via Spain  to UK

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Unless the while EU and UK accept the Chinese jabs, Thais may well find themselves shut out of some euro travel even when they do consider themselves a green country

There are two Chinese vaccines.  Their effectiveness is considered very good. Except  among sinophobes, FB and TVF warriors.

On 6/26/2021 at 12:59 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Wasn't the USA always a country of immigrants? 

It seems many older immigrants don't like the newer immigrants - at least if they have the wrong skin color.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

For everywhere but Phuket.  Unfortunately they have painted themselves into a very tight corner and they will have to see it through no matter what the consequences will be.  It is sad to think of how things were handled so differently just over a year ago and to where we are now, a 180 degree turn, with minor and partial lockdowns.  Still waiting to hear the fallout from the BMA, after all it is Sunday and most are probably still sleeping in after partying last night in their Government houses.  Fiddling while Rome is burning and the peasants are ransacking France getting ready to use the guillotine.

There was a few months ago that a Thai had made the exact replica of the guillotine but it was confiscated as unauthorized.

14 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

At the time. Test in Thailand. Booked flight

Thanks ....would be very suprised if any country does not require a pre flight Covid test before departure from Thailand.

Perhaps the original poster is correct and the Dutch KLM  flights to Amsterdam dont require it.

59 minutes ago, sapson said:

Sounds very lenient, so as a Brit I could fly Bangkok to Amsterdam with KLM and a 72hour pre flight negative Covid test is not required and neither am I required to book tests or quarantine in Amsterdam.

https://www.government.nl/topics/c/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/checklist-entry

I don’t know what requirements KL.M have to board though. I think you can fly via Dubai with Emirates without the need for a pre flight test. 

16 minutes ago, sapson said:

Perhaps the original poster is correct and the Dutch KLM  flights to Amsterdam dont require it.

Answered my own query, can fly to Amsterdam from Thailand which is deemed a safe Covid risk country by the Dutch government.  Checklist for entering or returning to the Netherlands from abroad | Coronavirus COVID-19 | Government.nl

Thailand miniscule testing policy and limited vaccine policy doesnt concern the Dutch.

10 hours ago, keith101 said:

There is one country i cannot see on this list and thats Britain/England or maybe my eyes deceive me or is it just omitted for some reason .

I think it has been renamed as The "United Kingdom" these days.......unless you are a football, rugby, cricket, olympics or other sports fan.....

Edited by bangon04
added

8 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Talking to my brother in New York today and he said there is a big surplus of vaccines in the USA. Maybe if we asked Biden nicely we could get some. Lets move from a highest risk country to a low-risk country.

Perhaps the usa could also offer the jab to their own citizens here…

2 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

And your post is informative,   how?

Its the usual way of dealing with officials in Thailand.  Im not surprised you haven't noticed looking at most of your posts.