Sinovac vaccine has 71-91% efficacy against COVID-19 Alpha variant – MOPH

snoop1130

6 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

That article also fails to mention that of the 26 Indonesian doctors who have died this month, 10 were fully vaccinated with Sinovac.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-killed-26-indonesian-doctors-in-juneat-least-10-had-taken-chinas-sinovac-vaccine-11624769885

to  add  perspective  they  have 160000 docs  vaccinated with sinovac

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I might actually choose Sinovac ahead of others.  I want to steer clear of strong side effects and am pretty sure it's basically good at preventing serious infection.

What strong side effects?

7 hours ago, dinsdale said:

A person with a terminal illness can be optimistic and positive yet will still die.

We all have a terminal illness.  It's called life.  Nobody is getting out of it alive.

Please make the next San Miguel colder.  kab

• Like 1

Lol Tomorrow they’ll say it’s 95 to 97% effective tell that to the Brazil government who ordered it and then didn’t use it and all the other countries they tested it and said it was not effective amazing Thailand just like the TAT numbers all made up TIT

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

results of a real world study of the efficacy of the Chinese-made Sinovac vaccine conducted in Thailand today

I’m pretty sure Thailand isn’t in the real world at this moment !

I mean just look at the daily waffle that comes out about tourism , how everyone has a job and how quickly they are vaccinating people . ????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Just more CP advertising. No mention of peer review. No mention of double blind. No mention of how many people and no mention of vaccine breakthrough which is happening.

Just a shot in the dark... Thailands good at that.

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Who cares about Alpha (B.1.1.7 variant first identified in the UK)…  all the vaccines perform well against that. 

Delta is where it’s at !!  Specifically B.1.617.2….    This the variant generating the greatest concern at the moment. 

The announcement is almost irrelevant as the Delta starts to take a greater hold. 

The Beta variant has now been found in Thailand. l believe it is from S A.

10 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

best available (non- western) factual data indicates Sinovac appears to work with minimal side effects. not the best on symptoms but might be totally effective against death or hospital case......should be taken if no western vax available..... should not dismissed on emotional (fear) basis.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-killed-26-indonesian-doctors-in-juneat-least-10-had-taken-chinas-sinovac-vaccine-11624769885

11 hours ago, edwinchester said:

I await the real world tests showing it's efficacy against the Indian and South African variants.

..i think you will find the vaccine is targeted at the virus only (SarsCoVi-2), which at this stage has not altered in its biological structure.

6 minutes ago, tandor said:

..i think you will find the vaccine is targeted at the virus only (SarsCoVi-2), which at this stage has not altered in its biological structure.

Doesn't work that way. Even seasonal flu changes to survive. COVID is new to humans so it's rapidly mutating to better attack its host. There is already a surprising number of more dangerous variants.  WIKI variants.

As for Sinovac, a vaccine that prevents death or serious illness but not infection helps generate mutations. This helps a virus learn how to get around the vaccine's immune response, and to spread more.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Venom said:

But if they are manufacturing the AZ locally why all the emphasis is on the low grade Chinese produced sinovac? I just don't get it. 

They are not producing nearly enough AZ also have contract supply obligations.

Edited by DrJack54

11 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

Unfortunately for many it is the only option to be had.

Compare a military command which if  refused to follow has (usually) repercussions .

Thailand has survived multiple internal historical medical/ infectious calamities.

I doubt a sincere declaration by an "Ex Special Forces,Former Bar Owner" will dictate the fortunes of Thailand one way or another in reality.

I suppose the only relevance is that someone in a pub told him.

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

Lol Tomorrow they’ll say it’s 95 to 97% effective tell that to the Brazil government who ordered it and then didn’t use it and all the other countries they tested it and said it was not effective amazing Thailand just like the TAT numbers all made up TIT

False. The Brazilian govt is still using as much of the Sinovac vaccine as it can. And it did a demonstration project in which 95% of all adults in the small Brazilian city of Serrana were vaccinated with Sinovac. The results were brilliant:

Sinovac vaccine restores a Brazilian city to near normal as Pfizer and Moderna vaccines remain scarce

Doctors who treated COVID-19 in Serrana have seen their patient loads evaporate. They now help colleagues with other diseases and recently started eating lunch at home. Life has returned to the streets: Neighbors chat and families have weekend barbecues.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/vaccine/ct-aud-nw-sinovac-vaccine-serrana-brazil-coronavirus-20210601-w3kc242yrnbvlkbdo2rmvg3nbu-story.html

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry announced the results of a real world study of the efficacy of the Chinese-made Sinovac vaccine conducted in Thailand today (Monday)

in Anutin's living room.

48 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

This is from that Wall Street Journal article you linked to:

"Around 90% of Indonesian doctors—roughly 160,000 in all—have been vaccinated with Sinovac’s shot, according to the medical association, so the vaccinated doctors who died are only a tiny percentage of the total."

There's also this:

"Data gathered by the medical association shows the death toll among doctors is down from the country’s last surge in December and January, when vaccinations had just begun and around 60 doctors died in each of the two months from Covid-19. So far in June, 26 doctors have died."