Moderna at private hospitals: It'll cost 3,400 baht for two jabs, can pay from Thursday

webfact

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Some of the terms I've seen basically say that price is subject to change, that delivery is subject to change, that your "order" can be cancelled without notice, and refunds are not mentioned.

One assumes that thye'd sell all on the first dose, then try to get more, and string us along. That would suck.

That said, 3,400 is probably a small amount for a decent vaccine. I'll pre-pay.

I have much more faith in the private hospital association than the thai government.

Maybe such faith is misplaced. It's coming down to trusting somebody, sometime or just taking your chances.

As you say, 3400 is starting to not look like such a bad deal. I'm tiring of the whole chase.

• Like 2

No news on the Hospital Association site.

I'm guessing that's where the details of registration will be posted. So far, the site is mostly Thai with no English option I can find.

http://www.thaiprivatehospitals.org/news-2/

If they are serious, much more info will come out in the next few days.

No doubt they will be deluged with enough inquires to convince them that there is interest.

We've waited this long; what's a few more days.

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Sign me up.

Refund policy can't be worse than AirAsia.

there is NO refund policy

i already read that they do not guarantee return of money

you want to pay?  up to you mate.

Unless there is a real important operational reason, I may suggest to postpone all this vaccination business and respective payment until:
- you really need it (i.e. if you want to travel outside Thailand)

- once more facts are known 
- once all vaccinations are available in the Thai market and not restricted to this corrupt selection of money spinners
- on actual treatment/vaccination; I also do not prepay for dentists four months in advance

What a hopeless fiasco all this is; give it to Thai officials and they turn it into a complete mess - as usual! 

8 hours ago, tonray said:

I'm gonna get some t_shirts made up....."Paid Up Covid Vaccine Deposit"....It might make people feel safer around me

Probably not if you're walking around till Dec waiting for a 2nd shot ????

10 minutes ago, club said:

Sounds like you may have some kind of reading problem 

I do not wish to argue further about your inability to write and then hide from what you claimed....The fact is you posted incorrect  and endangering information on a widely used and accepted vaccine that has achieved good results in the UK and elsewhere is clear. You wrote, relating to AZ,  'Not effective against the Delta variant' , here  bye.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, digger70 said:

You don't have to pay for the Jabs if you Had registered Early ,There are quite a few of us already had the First Jab, I had AZ  Jab no problems

Sorry Sir, but give reading a try before you reply. This is about the Moderna vaccine, not the AZ vaccine, en there are quite a few posts on this forum from people who had registered, and their appointment cancelled.

Have a nice day

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KaputtAlreadyNa said:

You must be kidding, try going to a clinic in Australia ( doesn't matter if you are private insured ) you need to pay first before you can enter the room to see the doc.

Warmest

And then you get to see the doctor in 6 months.............if you're lucky?

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am pretty sure the hospitals will have to pay up front. And the vaccine has only a limited shelf life. I understand that they don't just order amount x only to find out that the demand is not what they expected.

As long as they have a fair refund policy I don't think paying up front is a problem.

They want to set the price AND guarantee the level of demand: charge what the market will bear. How many "extras" and mark-ups have been added into the final pricing ? It is more about profiteering than beating the pandemic. Pay up if you feel the need.

9 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

What a hopeless fiasco all this is; give it to Thai officials and they turn it into a complete mess - as usual! 

Indeed, because the over riding priorities are: enhancing and emphasising the individual status of the officials, personal financial benefit, nepotism and cronyism. If clinical need or the requirements of the general population are in the mix ( and i very much doubt it) they will be mentioned in the small print on page 27!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, club said:

Anyone that brags about how great AZ is tells me 2 things. They have had the vaccine and they ignore the side affects it has.  

Friends of mine in Oz have had the AZ stated zero side effect.

Depends on the individual.

Just now, Neeranam said:

I don't think you have to. Anyway, why are you concerned? 

It is a wait of at least 3 months, there are no guarantees, Moderna might not even be available, I don't like to waste money and I am weighing up a trip to UK to get jabbed up.

20 minutes ago, Susco said:

Another person clearly not living in Oz. 

It's easy to see a doctor and if you choose 'bulk billed' it's completely FREE.

• Sad 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:
23 minutes ago, Susco said:

Another person clearly not living in Oz. 

It's easy to see a doctor and if you choose 'bulk billed' it's completely FREE.

Another person clearly blind. Did you see the question mark, and did they ever teach you the meaning of it in Australia???????

• Haha 1

Inflammatory posts and the related replies have been removed.

Posts containing charts or images or content that were copy and pasted from some sites without a supporting link to the sources of information have been removed.

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well it is good news in a way, but I am concerned about putting 100% down on this. 

Don't bother, I rang the Ram hospital today in Chiang Mai and they said they only had 2500 vaccines and were fully booked out. They also said we will not ring you if more come in just follow us on Facebook. So whos -ss do we have to kiss to get a jab of

Moderna?

Edited by vandeventer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am pretty sure the hospitals will have to pay up front. And the vaccine has only a limited shelf life. I understand that they don't just order amount x only to find out that the demand is not what they expected.

As long as they have a fair refund policy I don't think paying up front is a problem.

Its not the pay up front that concerns me it is the wait until October to start jabs. Where are the AZ vaccines and could a first shot of AZ be given BEFORE October. The next few months are going to be dangerous due to the forthcoming predominance of the delta version and possibly even a delta + version

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Susco said:

Another person clearly blind. Did you see the question mark, and did they ever teach you the meaning of it in Australia???????

Gramma clearly not your strong suit.

The first part of your statement was a sentence. BTW incorrect statement.

The second follow up "if your lucky?" 

Implies it could be longer.

In any event completely inaccurate and misleading post from you.

Seen this in the THG group

Not prepared to pay a 1200 deposit so early, especially as I don't believe it will arrive on time or given at that price (once they find out i'm foreign). I wonder what the fee will be to create the document proving you've had it for travel purposes.

I'll just wait for Sinovac/AZ which seem to be as bad as each other. I've put worse things in my body.

4 hours ago, club said:

Its way better then AZ or the dreaded Sinovac.

The AZ, Pfizer, and Moderna have performed equally effectively in the UK at around 80-90% depending on the metric. 

AZ seems to have been outstanding in the most important age groups.

Oddly enough, the age groups most likely represented on these forums should be glad they're getting it, since the risk of clotting is extremely low.  It's ideal.