Moderna at private hospitals: It'll cost 3,400 baht for two jabs, can pay from Thursday

webfact

3 hours ago, realfunster said:

I see your point but this is private sector and I assume they may need to be paying full amount or deposit upfront to vaccine suppliers. Unlikely demand will not be there, but I presume they don’t want to be ordering a load of vaccines which are then not used resulting in a financial loss. 

Of course, we have the option to wait for the public sector to provide our vaccine….

Since as far as I can make out the government is actually insisting that procurement of vaccines by private hospitals is done through them, that is effectively what you are doing.

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Can't find a website just a useless, unused FB page so I will have to get the wife to call them.

I should note that THG is all in Thai language via LINE.

Hope payment can be done without LINE.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Had dinner with a Thai friend yesterday and she said her nephew got his Pfizer jab for 1500bt in Bangkok a month ago. I told her that was impossible as Pfizer was only just go ahead and was not in the country yet.

My guess is that already unscrupulous con artists are selling jabs of what they claim are either Pfizer or Moderna and Thai's are buying it thinking it's the real thing.

That or genuine vaccines are actually being smuggled into Thailand and sold privately

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

What Thailand does or doesn't need doesn't come into the equation, it's what the user/customer wants that matters.

What a few foreigners want....Well, you can't always get what you want in a foreign country, can you?  And these allegedly better vaccines aren't suited to developing countries anyway because of logistics.  Both mRNA vaccines have now also been associated with a cardiac condition, so maybe they are not that wonderful anyway.  Seriously, if you want these vaccines go back to the USA. 

Edited by mommysboy
  • Thanks 1

its hard to smuggle Pfizer because of the cold temperature need, it can be done if the cash is worth it,  but not for 1500bt a jab, it would more like 5000bt+ a jab, i reckon its other vaccine pretend its Pfizer or Moderna 

Show me the vaccine then I’ll show you the money…

hell any later in the year, I’ll just hold on and get it on my trip to the USA…

the hospitals need an estimate for doses, not start collecting monies on a product they might or might not receive…

As to the pfizer jab in bkk a month ago, the 2nd jab would have been 21 days later…people don’t do their homework….was that a Tesla I saw in bkk?

Edited by cardinalblue

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Just one more question, does anyone know if partners/wives or boyfriends/husbands, or in my case a Thai girlfriend can also be signed up & paid for ? If anyone gets any info can you post here please, thanks.

I added my girlfriend to the registration at Bumrungrad and they had no problem with it

Seems Bangpakok hospital have jumped the gun, taking bookings this week at 3800.  I guess they will be making refunds !   or Not !!

Greetings from Bangpakok 9 International Hospital!

Good news! Bangpakok 9 International Hospital is happy to inform you the vaccine is readily available on the 4th quarter of this year (October - December, 2021). We are now open for reservations with an initial deposit upon booking. Your name has been added to our priority waitlist; therefore, we will give you an easy access for early registration.

Click the link provided below and be ready for inoculation against Covid-19 soon! We could only offer limited slots!! So, if you are still interested hurry and register now!!

https://bpkconnect.com/ecommerce/vaccine

https://bpkconnect.com/ecommerce/vaccine

PRODUCER

TYPE

AGE GROUP

DOSES

INTERVAL

PRICE

MODERNA

MRNA

18 years of age /older

2 doses

28 days  (4 weeks)

3,800 for 2 doses

Option 1 – Individual                          PAYMENT TERMS (Installment for 2 doses)

DOSES

DEPOSIT UPON BOOKING

Additional Payment On Vaccination Day

TOTAL AMOUNT PAID

1ST DOSE

1,200 THB

700 THB

1,900 THB

2ND DOSE

1,200 THB

700 THB

1,900 THB

3,800 THB

Option 2 – Individual                         PAYMENT TERMS (Full payment for 2 doses)

DOSES

DEPOSIT UPON BOOKING

Additional Payment On Vaccination Day

TOTAL AMOUNT PAID

1ST DOSE

2,400 THB

700 THB

3,100 THB

2ND DOSE

700 THB

700 THB

3,800 THB

Option 3 – Company / Group                   PAYMENT TERMS (Full payment for 2 doses)

DOSES

TOTAL AMOUNT PAID

1ST DOSE

1,200 THB

2ND DOSE

2,400 THB

3,600 THB

"Taking care of our patients during this pandemic regardless of their nationalities is our utmost priority."

Just got off the phone to Bangkok Pattaya hospital, nothing, just advised by a rather vague telephonist to check their Facebook page.

Anyone had any luck with any of the other Pattaya private hospitals ?

It took a while to get through & I did ask specifically to speak to someone regarding the Moderna jab, that was all I got.

Edited by Golden Triangle
Extra info
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, inThailand said:

When has it ever turned out good when you prepay here? 

Flights.... hang on, let me think.......well, before Covid!

Edited by jacko45k

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

But Thailand doesn't need Moderna vaccines - it will have more than enough vaccines over the next few months!  The vaccines Thailand uses are much easier to handle and one of them, the AZ, is known to be very effective anyway.

Not effective against the Delta variant. Pfizer is 92% against Delta 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well it is good news in a way, but I am concerned about putting 100% down on this. 

Yes I put 100% down for flight to the UK and it was cancelled so I am 28000 short in my bank account now. They obviously need the money to pay for the vacinnes and must have serious cash flow problems like Thai Scareways.

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

I’ll phone the nearest private hospital here in the South tomorrow to try and book n pay for the jab. I’m 80% expecting them to know nothing about this latest announcement, I’ll try anyway and post outcome on this thread.

Your right ,already tried Bumrungrad where i am registered. They know nothing about pre payments 

• Like 1

Looks I will use the 3400 I was going to spend on LOS as part of my USA Vaccine Trip cost in August.  Oh well, it was a great 5 years but really don't want to go through another 15 days in a hotel if I return.  In my case getting to Phuket for the sandbox will cost much more than a mid level ASQ hotel in BKK.

4 hours ago, andre47 said:
5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well it is good news in a way, but I am concerned about putting 100% down on this. 

Are you more concerned about loosing 3400 Baht than to get Cocid-19? 

Do you think that having the vaccination means that Covid infection cannot happen?

Do you think that not having the vaccination means that Covid infection will happen?

47 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Had dinner with a Thai friend yesterday and she said her nephew got his Pfizer jab for 1500bt in Bangkok a month ago. I told her that was impossible as Pfizer was only just go ahead and was not in the country yet.

My guess is that already unscrupulous con artists are selling jabs of what they claim are either Pfizer or Moderna and Thai's are buying it thinking it's the real thing.

That or genuine vaccines are actually being smuggled into Thailand and sold privately

1500 is in the middle of the price range the NYT gave for vaccines in the Thai black market,  several weeks ago. They wrote people in Klongtoey were selling their place in the line.

The money is not for the vaccine,  it's for the slot.  Vaccine is free.

It was not for Pfizer, though. 

I have been told about Pfizer, too, but I cannot confirm it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I'm sure... 

Just one thing, is there a guarantee they'll keep the 2nd jab for you or is there a risk it could be delayed?

I would be more concerned about the label it might have make in China on it.

• Like 1

Paid my money and wife's two days ago.  Was 3900 then and they are talking about sending refund for extra.  This was to Bangkok Hospital in Udon Thani.  

My problem is waiting until October.  I am now looking at signing up at Nong Khai Hospital which might give shots in July.  With Delta coming to Thailand I will probably go earliest (I am 81).  If we leave the Udon shots on the table not a problem.

3 minutes ago, club said:

That piece states: "An analysis by Public Health England (PHE), where the Delta variant is more widespread, found that both the Pfizer/BioNTech and AstraZeneca (AZN.L) vaccines provide more than 90% protection against hospitalization from the Delta variant. read more"

Is that what you are trying to point to?