Moderna at private hospitals: It'll cost 3,400 baht for two jabs, can pay from Thursday

webfact

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

Is it a secret which hospitals will offer this, and, as usual are they all in Bangkok?

I had successfully done some "registration of interest" with THG healthcare group (Thonburi Hospital Group) on the 4th of June.

They have a couple of places around the country.

Mine should take place in Khon Kaen.

Pattaya is one of the places where THG has NO hospital.

Found a map only in Thai language:

thg.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I had successfully done some "registration of interest" with THG healthcare group (Thonburi Hospital Group) on the 4th of June.

They have a couple of places around the country.

Mine should take place in Khon Kaen.

Pattaya is one of the places where THG has NO hospital.

Found a map only in Thai language:

http://thg-health.com/images/210527_Moderna_Vaccine_B2C.jpg

Thanks

Kanchanaburi has only one private hospital (Thanakan) and it does not appear to be part of a larger group. Can't find a website just a useless, unused FB page so I will have to get the wife to call them.

The local clinic says our village will likely have to go to the government hospital in Sangkhla Buri which is only an hour away.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

PHA chief Dr Chalerm  Hanphanich said that the price of 1,700 baht for each of two jabs will include the vaccine, service fee and insurance. 

Ah, but nothing in that about the "needle fee."

Are private hospitals out of money??

If prepay about 3-4 months ahead to book vaccine...with supposed No Refund policy is so-so, given they may need to assess how much vaccine to purchase, why to fully prepay for a maybe service fee, doctor fee and insurance fee also way ahead?

Since nothing delivered until October anyway, plus the past 3 months have seen multiple changes to both price and timelines, for now I would rather just wait to get closer to October, and decide when there is more certainty and less time left to mess it up.

5 minutes ago, pseudorabies said:

Meanwhile the Philippines announced a deal last week with Pfizer for the delivery of 40 million doses in late September. Of 2021. Moderna doses from a deal signed earlier in the year are expected to begin arriving this week.

This isn't that hard. All it takes is will and basic organizational skills.

But Thailand doesn't need Moderna vaccines - it will have more than enough vaccines over the next few months!  The vaccines Thailand uses are much easier to handle and one of them, the AZ, is known to be very effective anyway.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, tingtong said:

Are private hospitals out of money??

If prepay about 3-4 months ahead to book vaccine...with supposed No Refund policy is so-so, given they may need to assess how much vaccine to purchase, why to fully prepay for a maybe service fee, doctor fee and insurance fee also way ahead?

Since nothing delivered until October anyway, plus the past 3 months have seen multiple changes to both price and timelines, for now I would rather just wait to get closer to October, and decide when there is more certainty and less time left to mess it up.

The only problem I see with going that route (root) is if they have a short window in which to register & pay, then if you wait until say late September you may well be told ' sorry no have for you, you too late ' if you wanna take that risk then fine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shuya said:

3'400 THB for 2 shots, plus 2 x health provider fee, 2 x nurse fee, 2 x hospital fee, 2 x certificate fee, 1 x travel pass fee, 1 x vaccination pass fee, 2 x administration fee.... great deal. pay now 3'400 and later another 3'400. 

Yes same usual Thailand

I’ll phone the nearest private hospital here in the South tomorrow to try and book n pay for the jab. I’m 80% expecting them to know nothing about this latest announcement, I’ll try anyway and post outcome on this thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

But Thailand doesn't need Moderna vaccines - it will have more than enough vaccines over the next few months!  The vaccines Thailand uses are much easier to handle and one of them, the AZ, is known to be very effective anyway.

What Thailand does or doesn't need doesn't come into the equation, it's what the user/customer wants that matters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Moderna at private hospitals: It'll cost 3,400 baht for two jabs, can pay from Thursday

Have the hospitals been told yet ? I don't wanna turn up and be greeted with a blank stare. ????????

If you show up with 3400 baht you will see nothing but smiles.

16 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

For me if you re 'concerned' about a 100 bucks don''t do it, if you aren't then take a punt.

I appreciate folk on here don't have anything to do all day, but the never ending 'quips' and 'jokes' about this nonsense surely got stale a long time ago?

I suspect it's not really about the money.

But don't let that stop you from whinging about others whinging.

I think it's more about...

when will I get the vaccine

will I be guaranteed a second dose in a time manner

Obviously a fair and firm contract, benefiting both parties would be a good idea. But that's not happening.

Edited by mtls2005

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

The only problem I see with going that route (root) is if they have a short window in which to register & pay, then if you wait until say late September you may well be told ' sorry no have for you, you too late ' if you wanna take that risk then fine. 

Would be true...if not for the previous registrations and apps that ppl were urged to use, only to find that something "new" popped up in 2 weeks.

Moderna prices changed just about 3x in past month, and this July 1st isn't the first time to register for it neither.

So far the only consistent part of the offers remain the NO REFUND.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I suspect it's not really about the money.

But don't let that stop you from whinging about others whinging.

I think it's more about...

when will I get the vaccine

will I be guaranteed a second dose in a time manner

Obviously a fair and firm contract, benefiting both parties would be a good idea. But that's not happening.

It's always about the money. You can have that for free.

27 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I can't tell if you are joking and just being sarcastic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can see them requiring a credit card to secure the booking or possibly a non-refundable deposit of lets say 1,000 baht but it seems a bit extreme to require the entire payment in advance with absolutely no guarantee if or when the Moderna will ever show up. 

25 minutes ago, smedly said:

Thailand should be ordering as many effective vaccines as they can get their hands on - dumping the Chinese junk might also be prudent - they should be using private hospitals to help in the depoyment of all vaccines not setting up some private side network 

do people on here seriously think that some of these more "effective" vaccines will somehow be left unused - seriously ?

In a few months, maximum November December, the new most effective vaccines against the Delta ++++ variant will come out, so everyone to get vaccinated again, current vaccines will be outdated but if paid for by customers it is not a loss for shareholders.

Something strange... They always said the vaccines of Moderna will come at the end of October. In this article they claim they start with vaccinating on the 1st of October. So we have to pay for something that is not sure if we can get it on the approved date. Besides there would be 10 million Moderna but it written already that there will be 5 million available in October..

September 1st, I'm putting my passport and 3400 baht in my pocket and walking in to a good private hospital. If they have vaccines I doubt they'll turn me away, if not then I'm waiting until they do before I drop payment.

• Like 1