Moderna at private hospitals: It'll cost 3,400 baht for two jabs, can pay from Thursday

webfact

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am pretty sure the hospitals will have to pay up front. And the vaccine has only a limited shelf life. I understand that they don't just order amount x only to find out that the demand is not what they expected.

As long as they have a fair refund policy I don't think paying up front is a problem.

Perhaps if we could actually register interest first, that would give them the necessary numbers. But so far, none of the websites mentioned (Vimut, ThaiInterVac etc) allowed me to do so.

6 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

That makes 2 of us, I'd be prepared to pay 50% up front, balance on receipt of 1st jab.

that makes three of us!???? typical to ask money upfront...

this says something about their mentality...

but I would like this vaccin, over all other (free) vaccins!

6 hours ago, Shuya said:

3'400 THB for 2 shots, plus 2 x health provider fee, 2 x nurse fee, 2 x hospital fee, 2 x certificate fee, 1 x travel pass fee, 1 x vaccination pass fee, 2 x administration fee.... great deal. pay now 3'400 and later another 3'400. 

"PHA chief Dr Chalerm  Hanphanich said that the price of 1,700 baht for each of two jabs will include the vaccine, service fee and insurance. "

I read that as 3400 for two jabs all in.

2 minutes ago, George Aylesham said:

I agree but I'm even more worried about having to wait until October and the uncontrolled infections hitting Chiang Mai from Bangkok.

I was thinking about this as well! but we waited this long so a couple more months in da waitingroom we can handle...

besides, there is nowhere to go! ????

27 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

My partner and I are paid up and waiting in Chiang Mai.

Do you mean 1 farang and 1 Thai?  Or, 2 farang?

If it's 1 farang and 1 Thai, did you note if 2 Thai people (husband and wife) can sign up for this deal?

Thanks.

1 minute ago, khunpeer said:

I was thinking about this as well! but we waited this long so a couple more months in da waitingroom we can handle...

besides, there is nowhere to go! ????

also: will it be available per October 1st? experience tells us that that date will be delayed a bit more... but at least the payment gives some confidence about getting Moderna!

20 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

but without a plan, you have no plan, and I see a lot of people here worrying about 3,400 baht which tells me a lot.

you can be dumb but don't be stupid, by October there probably many vaccine flooding around either for free sign up from government or you can even walk in to private hospital pay and get a jabs without shortage, but if there were shortage from government kiss you private hospital jab goodbye, i would not mind pay 5k just to get a jab right now.

Edited by vinci

7 hours ago, Susco said:

Only in Thailand, you have to pay upfront for a vaccine, which MAYBE you then will receive in the next 6 months.

I guess the main reason they lowered the price is because they didn't collect enough advance payments, for something the may never be delivered, and is not refundable.

Don't they have any shame? ( No need to answer that question)

it's pathetic. They are clearly using it like a profitable business transaction 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, garzhe said:

Seems Bangpakok hospital have jumped the gun, taking bookings this week at 3800.  I guess they will be making refunds !   or Not !!

Greetings from Bangpakok 9 International Hospital!

Good news! Bangpakok 9 International Hospital is happy to inform you the vaccine is readily available on the 4th quarter of this year (October - December, 2021). We are now open for reservations with an initial deposit upon booking. Your name has been added to our priority waitlist; therefore, we will give you an easy access for early registration.

Click the link provided below and be ready for inoculation against Covid-19 soon! We could only offer limited slots!! So, if you are still interested hurry and register now!!

https://bpkconnect.com/ecommerce/vaccine

https://bpkconnect.com/ecommerce/vaccine

PRODUCER

TYPE

AGE GROUP

DOSES

INTERVAL

PRICE

MODERNA

MRNA

18 years of age /older

2 doses

28 days  (4 weeks)

3,800 for 2 doses

Option 1 – Individual                          PAYMENT TERMS (Installment for 2 doses)

DOSES

DEPOSIT UPON BOOKING

Additional Payment On Vaccination Day

TOTAL AMOUNT PAID

1ST DOSE

1,200 THB

700 THB

1,900 THB

2ND DOSE

1,200 THB

700 THB

1,900 THB

3,800 THB

Option 2 – Individual                         PAYMENT TERMS (Full payment for 2 doses)

DOSES

DEPOSIT UPON BOOKING

Additional Payment On Vaccination Day

TOTAL AMOUNT PAID

1ST DOSE

2,400 THB

700 THB

3,100 THB

2ND DOSE

700 THB

700 THB

3,800 THB

Option 3 – Company / Group                   PAYMENT TERMS (Full payment for 2 doses)

DOSES

TOTAL AMOUNT PAID

1ST DOSE

1,200 THB

2ND DOSE

2,400 THB

3,600 THB

"Taking care of our patients during this pandemic regardless of their nationalities is our utmost priority."

Before this is all over, that 3400 baht price is going to be forgotten and watch the separate hospitals inch up their charges to a total of around 10,000

1 minute ago, vinci said:

you can be dumb but don't be stupid, by October there probably many vaccine flooding around either for free sign up from government or you can even walk in to private hospital pay and get a jabs without shortage, but if there were shortage from government kiss you private hospital jab goodbye, i would not mind pay 5k just to get a jab right now.

I had my opportunity to get my jab on June 7, however let it go, didn't want the AZ, my choice of course.

I'm a forward planner, always have been and life has worked out very well for me, pay 5,000 baht for a jab now, nope, not in a rush, will wait for Moderna or Covid, whichever comes first, can't control what you can't control, but as I said before, without a plan, you have no plan.

The above said, won't wait for anyone for more vaccines, Thai government did deliver AZ for me to have, no issues with them, if Moderna arrives as planned, all and good, I will get it, subject to me being ok with more data having come in, otherwise might let it slide and the money too.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I'm quite surprised that no one has already paid the money for the Moderna shots.

I paid last week 7,600 baht for me and the wife, that's 3,800 baht each. They confirmed it was for October 2021 and that there was no refund, maybe I will get 400 baht back that it has been reduced from what I paid for it, if not, my pen rai.

The above said, I went in with eyes wide open, i.e. if we ended up with Covid by then and survived it, then we would not require a vaccine, so money down the drain as we would have immunity with the antibodies.

If we didn't end up with Covid and received the vaccine, money well spent.

Also October gives more time for data to arrive telling us more about how many people have been vaccinated successfully, side affects and or deaths, if any, and we can always cancel our appointment or defer it for another date, otherwise money down the drain, but without a plan, you have no plan, and I see a lot of people here worrying about 3,400 baht which tells me a lot.

Oddly enough, at the bottom of the deposit receipt it says for money refund, show your passport ????

Even if you got Covid, you should get a single dose of Moderna (or Pfizer). It will provide more lasting immunity.

BTW Just called Chiangmai Ram. They are unaware of the PHA announcement. So they are not taking advance payment from July 1st. A friend told me about 10 days ago that Chiangmai Ram had already paid 30mn Baht for Moderna.

Edited by placnx
add more info
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, placnx said:

Even if you got Covid, you should get a single dose of Moderna (or Pfizer). It will provide more lasting immunity.

Actually I believe you will find that they don't know how long the vaccine will provide immunity for as it's still in the experimental trial stages.

I read that some Japanese scientists if I'm not mistaken found that those infected with Sars 1 back in 2002-2004 still had immunity 17 years later, so I wouldn't be getting vaxed if I already got infected with Sars 2.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am pretty sure the hospitals will have to pay up front. And the vaccine has only a limited shelf life. I understand that they don't just order amount x only to find out that the demand is not what they expected.

As long as they have a fair refund policy I don't think paying up front is a problem.

Unfortunately it's already been made quite clear by the hospitals & the govt there will be NO refunds.

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Actually I believe you will find that they don't know how long the vaccine will provide immunity for as it's still in the experimental trial stages.

I read that some Japanese scientists if I'm not mistaken found that those infected with Sars 1 back in 2002-2004 still had immunity 17 years later, so I wouldn't be getting vaxed if I already got infected with Sars 2.

This is based on study of antibodies of people in the UK who had Covid, then a vaccination, versus people who just had Covid. The situation is different from SARS1, because this virus will be around a long time and is rapidly mutating, plus being much more infectious than SARS1.

6 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

So private hospitals in Thailand are so "poor" that they cannot afford to buy vaccines?  Hard to believe.  I have contributed(paid) a small fortune to a major private hospital in CNX for years and they always had a lot of people 'working".

I will not "pay" upfront without a few guarantees:

1.  A definite vaccination appointment date

2  Guaranteed 100% refund if the appointment is not met

3. The right to cancel within 30 days of the appointment with a full refund

I already know the answer:  NO, NO, and NO.  

Well that sounds as if you will not be getting your vaccine then.

• Like 1