Moderna at private hospitals: It'll cost 3,400 baht for two jabs, can pay from Thursday

webfact

12 minutes ago, Disparate Dan said:

That piece states: "An analysis by Public Health England (PHE), where the Delta variant is more widespread, found that both the Pfizer/BioNTech and AstraZeneca (AZN.L) vaccines provide more than 90% protection against hospitalization from the Delta variant. read more"

Is that what you are trying to point to?

Pfizer 96% AZ 92%      Pfizer is the winner with most likely less side affects then AZ,  like blood clots, people dying of heart attacks. Not Recommended for people under 50. Part of the reason AZ has been banned from 18 countries 

Edited by club

3 hours ago, Saltire said:

Thanks

Kanchanaburi has only one private hospital (Thanakan) and it does not appear to be part of a larger group. Can't find a website just a useless, unused FB page so I will have to get the wife to call them.

The local clinic says our village will likely have to go to the government hospital in Sangkhla Buri which is only an hour away.

Saltire, I thought Memorial Hospital was recently purchased and is now a part of the BKK Hospital Group. At least their new sign says BKK Hospital.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, club said:

Pfizer 96% AZ 92%      Pfizer is the winner with most likely less side affects then AZ,  like blood clots, people dying of heart attacks. Not Recommended for people under 50. Part of the reason AZ has been banned from 18 countries 

No AZ hasn't been banned from 18 countries. Try pullling your head out of the sand once in a while

https://fullfact.org/online/blood-clot-az-ban/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, club said:

Not effective against the Delta variant. Pfizer is 92% against Delta 

That contradicts what you since posted in  a link.

Better not to spread false information about effective vaccines I believe.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Saltire said:

Is it a secret which hospitals will offer this, and, as usual are they all in Bangkok?

I think not, as I am registered at a private hospital in Khon Kaen

????????????

So you can cough up for a Covid vaccine and you might get it within 3-6 months of paying ! 
Obviously the government are so concerned about this virus that they are willing to just let people organise their own vaccines for it and get it whenever.
Not like it’s important or anything , meanwhile the country is in ruin due to closure of businesses etc and the government keep places closed and enforce rules and quarantine. But yet don’t seem in a hurry to vaccinate people to get things up and running again ! 

So devastating and deadly is the virus that there is no hurry to vaccinate people ! ????

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

No AZ hasn't been banned from 18 countries. Try pullling your head out of the sand once in a while

https://fullfact.org/online/blood-clot-az-ban/

Actually its 20 minus Thailand who caved on this trash. You need help pulling your head out of the sand  https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/3/15/which-countries-have-halted-use-of-astrazenecas-covid-vaccine

"People can start paying from July 1st, Thursday, that will inform hospitals how much vaccine they need which will be decided by the end of July.

Jabs will begin as previously announced on October 1st and continue through the fourth quarter, reported Sanook yesterday. "

Nope, I will pay cash on delivery thank you!

Would you pay Tesco/Homepro in advance for a TV so that they know how many to order?

Can you just imagine the rigmarole if the vaccine didn't arrive and you asked for your money back?????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Sign me up.

Refund policy can't be worse than AirAsia.

You got that right.  But in fairness to AirAsia, I’ve discovered that although you get no refund and no credit—your prepaid checked luggage does indeed get a credit.  So there….

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonray said:

Quite the irony...Air Asia owes me just abouy 3500 baht for cancelled flights in 2020...should I just ask the Thai hospital to collect my fee from them ? 

They owe me about 18,000Baht.

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Just one more question, does anyone know if partners/wives or boyfriends/husbands, or in my case a Thai girlfriend can also be signed up & paid for ? If anyone gets any info can you post here please, thanks.

My partner and I are paid up and waiting in Chiang Mai.

Edited by Tracyb

30 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I don't pay anything before i get something.

Key money.

Prepayment on newly built Condo/house.

Hotel/air/car reservations.

Rent.

Most on-line purchases. (Most are not COD.)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well it is good news in a way, but I am concerned about putting 100% down on this. 

That's more than 100%. I booked my two Moderna shots for 2400 already, so they obviously decided to add some extra profit.