All go for the Phuket Sandbox - 13,000 rooms booked, foreign airlines set for Samui later, TAT

webfact

On 6/29/2021 at 7:30 AM, Espanol said:

That's not what normative says:

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/06/initial-information-phuket-sandbox/

"In the case that travellers are tested positive for COVID-19, travellers will be referred to specified healthcare facilities for medical treatment at their own expense."

Welcome to Pookertraz here's your Cell oops Hotel.

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2021 at 3:31 AM, colinneil said:

Do these clowns ever get fed up with spouting sh##e, because it is the same old nonsense every time, great things going to happen, then............ POOF it doesnt.????????

Time will tell next week unless you can do things better ????

• Confused 2

21 hours ago, JCP108 said:

You might surmise wrong. I want to know if they really do release people upon a second test which is negative. 

Has happened in the past; no idea about now but there is a precedent and they need the beds now. Best example was a family that tested positive on day 1, result being full refund from ASQ hotel, insurance paid hospital and there quarantine was cut short. No idea if they bought a lottery ticket on release.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Only if you intend travelling in Thailand later. The journos/travel agents getting flown will no doubt just spend a couple of days in Phuket then head home.

Exactly. They are never taking the 2nd test. All smoke and mirrors.

On 6/29/2021 at 4:41 AM, JCP108 said:

If you believe that the PCR tests carry a false positive rate of 0.5% (I do) and each sandboxer will have a 1.5% chance of getting a false positive, then out of every 1,000 travelers, 15 of them will get a 14-day stay in one of the two field hospitals they have set up on the island. One thing I wonder about: if an asymptomatic person gets a false positive test result and ends up in the field hospital (read hospitel or forced quarantine in a hotel), how much will they have to pay out of pocket? I can't imagine their insurance policy paying if they aren't symptomatic and aren't put in an actual hospital to get actual treatment. 

I wouldn’t be astonished, if that’s part of their calculation ????

Because: the field hospitals are for Thai citizens,

”Aliens” have to go into a real hospital.

”Bangkok hospital, here I come !”

... another 100k plus

Btw: 0.5% FP from specifity would be a really good percentage,

there are European studies estimating up to 1.5%,

depends on the quality assurance during sample taking, transport, laboratory practice

and of cause the Ct-value (the amplification)

Edited by BernieOnTour
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 5:00 PM, schvonsky1 said:

Time will tell next week unless you can do things better ????

TBH  I would give it until the end of July by which time the first batch of tourists will have done their time and on their way home.

It also will give some proving time for Covid in any variant to rear is ugly head or not.

It will also give the airlines time to consider how much of a loss they can take and for both the Thai government and Phuket local government to decide it will work or not.

• Like 2