Transfer stamps to new UK passport

Hi there. 
I picked up my new UK Passport, issued with a letter from the embassy. All good. 

My question is. I need to transfer my stamps to new passport. Can I do this at any immigration office or the one I am registered to which is outside Bangkok in Nonthaburi. I want to do this myself as being quoted crazy prices. 

Can I do this when I leave the country in August at the Airport?

This is for Non B Visa and multiple entry stamps. 

Thanks 

It has to be done at the office that issued your extension of stay. I assume Nonthaburi issued it.

They would not transfer all the stamps in your passport at the airport. The would make a notation in your new passport and stamp you out of the country in it.

Then when you enter the country you would show both passports to use the re-entry permit in it and they would stamp you into the country in the new one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikosan said:

Officially no charge?  I was 'charged' 500 baht AND given a receipt at the Hua Hin office.

If there's no official charge then why did you pay it and why did they give you a receipt? I'm sure the receipt books are audited? Something ain't right.

In Kalasin, they advertise this service with a time of 40 minutes on the wall chart, I think.

I can't recall 100% but I don't think there was any mention of charges only how long it would take.

3 hours ago, mikosan said:

Officially no charge?  I was 'charged' 500 baht AND given a receipt at the Hua Hin office.

50 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Yep, I paid 500 at Hua Hin a few weeks ago but no receipt.

So mikosan gets a receipt and YorkshireTyke got no receipt. I'm leaning towards mikosan not getting a receipt as well. 

Even Udonjoe admits that CW immigration there is no charge.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

13 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You were 'had' !

I agree 100% but what's the alternative.

Same when asking for a proof of address letter to buy/sell a car/bike in HH, they charge 500 Baht. I queried it a few years ago and said I thought it was free which I had read in other provinces, no 500 Baht please. If they charged a more reasonable 100 Baht same as the bank to prove bank balance letter I and probably many others wouldn't quibble.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I agree 100% but what's the alternative.

Do as I did and tell the officer you ain't gonna pay it. They'll back down as they are in the wrong and won't wanna let the matter go any further.

Tell the officer that you were told 'no charge' by the immigration 'Hotline 1178' before you set out. 'Bullsiht' (anagram) baffles brains.

Edit to the above.

Edit: The above was my second passport renewal. My first renewal was done by an officer name of Khun Arcade. I thought there would be a charge but he said 'no, no charge'.

My latest renewal was at Buriram IO. I went with a friend who was doing his passport renewal as well. I went first. Office was packed out.

I sat down in front of the IO. First thing he said was '400 Baht  no receipt'. I said 'I ain't paying that'. Officer next to him told be to go to him.

My friend took my place in front of the IO that wanted 400 Baht. No mention of charge to him. The IO did his stamp transfers and never asked for any payment. 

Meanwhile the officer that told me to go to him transferred my stamps to the new passport and I paid nothing and was asked for nothing.

Another time I needed a certified confirmation of my Thai address. Too much bother to go looking for a lawyer. So I went to my local cop shop. They wouldn't do it.

Off I went to the IO and asked there. Young lady said 'no problem' and did what I asked for. She wouldn't take a payment but just pointed to a T money box on the top of her desk. Can't remember exactly  how much I donated but it was a lot less than using a law firm.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So mikosan gets a receipt and YorkshireTyke got no receipt. I'm leaning towards mikosan not getting a receipt as well. 

Never been charged for it, nor in CW nor in Pattaya..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

go get your money back !!!!

I prefer not to upset the applecart.  I never use an agent, so save myself plenty of money that way.  For the sake of 500 baht, it's not worth the effort.  But thanks for the tip.

18 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I am not arguing that the service SHOULD be free and certainly would never disagree with Ubonjoe (you should try and get his name right, mate)  in these matters.   I was simply passing on my experience.  Make sure you don't lean so far that you fall over.