Vaccination success in Buriram

Muhendis

I had my first AZ jab in Rayong today and was all done in less than an hour, including the 30 min post-jab wait.

The missus had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago.

Cannot fault the process at all so far and here's hoping the second doses go as smoothly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Two Plus Two said:

I had my first AZ jab in Rayong today and was all done in less than an hour, including the 30 min post-jab wait.

The missus had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago.

Cannot fault the process at all so far and here's hoping the second doses go as smoothly.

where was it done in Rayong?

1 hour ago, brommers said:

Appointment for tomorrow cancelled. No hab vaccine!

That is so disappointing. 

We were lead to believe that our local Amphur hospital was going to do the vaccinations but June 7th came and went and there were no doses available. We knew about the i-Stadium event from one of our villagers who went there for his jab, so, after a bit more optimistic waiting we made our appointment at the i-Stadium and a few days later we were done. Our local hospital was clearly under the impression that they were going to be in the loop, they sent a nurse round the village at the beginning of June to take our appointment details but that was all that happened. They never had any vaccines. There must be a communications problem somewhere.

On 7/1/2021 at 8:26 AM, Muhendis said:

we made our appointment at the i-Stadium and a few days later we were done.

@Muhendis how did you make your initial appointment? Was it done at the Stadium or your village/Amphur? Do they have limitations on who is legible for vaccination like age etc?

1 hour ago, Thaifish said:

@Muhendis how did you make your initial appointment? Was it done at the Stadium or your village/Amphur? Do they have limitations on who is legible for vaccination like age etc?

One of my wife's friends who frequently travels the 17km into Buriram took it upon herself to visit the i-Stadium and register five of us. It required her to be there very early in the morning (5:00 a,m, apparently) for which we are all extremely grateful.

There is no limit of age, race, religion etc. The only requirement is ID of some sort. In my case that was my passport

Edited by Muhendis
additional info.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Muhendis said:

One of my wife's friends who frequently travels the 17km into Buriram took it upon herself to visit the i-Stadium and register five of us. It required her to be there very early in the morning (5:00 a,m, apparently) for which we are all extremely grateful.

There is no limit of age, race, religion etc. The only requirement is ID of some sort. In my case that was my passport

Sounds like a road trip to Buriram might be fruitful. Only 4 hour drive for me.

Sometimes I wonder how close Buriram is to becoming an independent country! Lots of special stuff going on down there. E.g.- Moto Gp facility.

????Wink, wink.

Edited by Kwarium
Smiley faces still not working.
  • Like 1

My planned sojourn to Burriram is Monday... 90 day report.....fill the fridge/freezer with fellang food and visit the stadium and hopefully make an appointment for the vaccine.... as long as it is Astrazenica and not Sinovac. At least if after fully vaccinated and you still get the virus there is less chance of ending up on a ventilator.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thaifish said:

My planned sojourn to Burriram is Monday... 90 day report.....fill the fridge/freezer with fellang food and visit the stadium and hopefully make an appointment for the vaccine.... as long as it is Astrazenica and not Sinovac. At least if after fully vaccinated and you still get the virus there is less chance of ending up on a ventilator.

Good luck. Hope all goes well.

23 hours ago, Kwarium said:

Sounds like a road trip to Buriram might be fruitful. Only 4 hour drive for me.

Sometimes I wonder how close Buriram is to becoming an independent country! Lots of special stuff going on down there. E.g.- Moto Gp facility.

Ironically I had to go from Buriram to Khon Kaen to get my J&J shot.

But the info here gives us hope to get the Wife and her Mum vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Ironically I had to go from Buriram to Khon Kaen to get my J&J shot.

But the info here gives us hope to get the Wife and her Mum vaccinated. 

More news on vax. centres.

The Amphur Ban Dan hospital is asking for locals to register (again) because jabs will be starting on 9th this month.

Thanks for this. 

My wife's friend is a nurse in Lam Plai Mat, down the road from us, and she's reporting a big increase in cases. 

We were trying to get booked in for the Moderna jab, but no luck so far. My family are convinced that A/Z is dodgy. What a mess this all is. 

Our village now has Delta cases, so we've been sealed off from the world...kind of. It was meant to start yesterday, but will now start tomorrow, apparently. I dashed to Tops to stock up on bread! 

Edited by stoneinfocus
  • Sad 2

No joy getting a jab or making a future booking today at Burriram Stadium. The tents where up but nobody home. The only thing missing was tumbleweeds blowing  across the street.

Phoned Burriram Hospital before we left the bahn this morning and zilch information if Stadium might be open or not. Basically told Hospital shut down with latest covid situation....go away...don't come here..

Had to do 90 day report and fill the fridge so not a totally wasted day

Edited by Thaifish
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Thaifish said:

No joy getting a jab or making a future booking today at Burriram Stadium. The tents where up but nobody home. The only thing missing was tumbleweeds blowing  across the street.

Phoned Burriram Hospital before we left the bahn this morning and zilch information if Stadium might be open or not. Basically told Hospital shut down with latest covid situation....go away...don't come here..

Had to do 90 day report and fill the fridge so not a totally wasted day

Just read this. Asked wifey, who's sister is a hospital worker in our local hospital, what is happening. Her prognosis...........confusion. Possible cause could be a surge of cases in various Amphurs but we have no way of knowing what is going on.

• Like 1

So one just turns up at the stadium registers and joins the queue. Is that correct? My missus keeps telling me they have a limit on farangs being done and I should register in advance before undertaking the 80km journey.

31 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So one just turns up at the stadium registers and joins the queue. Is that correct? My missus keeps telling me they have a limit on farangs being done and I should register in advance before undertaking the 80km journey.

I have been registered with BIC for weeks....... heard nothing. Friends bowled up at the stadium/circuit and have now had their second doses.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I have been registered with BIC for weeks....... heard nothing. Friends bowled up at the stadium/circuit and have now had their second doses.

When you registered you would have been given a piece of A4 paper with lots of Thai writing all over it and a large printed que number stapled to it. Also you would have been given a date and time to turn up for the jab.

Also anyone who says farang will not be done is talking rubbish.

25 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

When you registered you would have been given a piece of A4 paper with lots of Thai writing all over it and a large printed que number stapled to it. Also you would have been given a date and time to turn up for the jab.

But will they be done if they just turn up? No prior registration other than when you

arrive?

24 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

But will they be done if they just turn up? No prior registration other than when you

arrive?

Registration is necessary to determine the number of vaccines required on site for a particular date so just turning up and hoping for the best is not likely to be very fruitful.

I don't think it's possible to register remotely however it seems to be OK for someone to go there and register on your behalf.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muhendis said:

Registration is necessary to determine the number of vaccines required on site for a particular date so just turning up and hoping for the best is not likely to be very fruitful.

I don't think it's possible to register remotely however it seems to be OK for someone to go there and register on your behalf.

That is how understand it Muhendis. A friend of mine claims one thing one minute and his story changes next time I speak with him. Hence why I'm asking on here. Anyone know how to deal with a pathologically liar?

@Ivor Biggun I am the same as you I live 100km out of Burriram. Have been to the stadium twice now and there was nobody around. Not even signage that might help to make arrangements for a shot. My Issan Luv Machine went to our local hospital in Non Suwan and was told to download the Burriram IC QR code on the phone and fill it in. I will have to get my Luv Machine to fill it out later today as it is in Thai. I somehow doubt it will work but I hope I am wrong on that. Here is the link to the QR code.

https://siamrath.co.th/n/243506

6 hours ago, Muhendis said:

All done online with BIC  (which I assume stands for Buriram Immunisation Centre).

I agree 100%, of course all Farangs will be vaccinated. Those with contacts/savvy wives have been done already.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thaifish said:

@Ivor Biggun I am the same as you I live 100km out of Burriram. Have been to the stadium twice now and there was nobody around. Not even signage that might help to make arrangements for a shot. My Issan Luv Machine went to our local hospital in Non Suwan and was told to download the Burriram IC QR code on the phone and fill it in. I will have to get my Luv Machine to fill it out later today as it is in Thai. I somehow doubt it will work but I hope I am wrong on that. Here is the link to the QR code.

https://siamrath.co.th/n/243506

I wonder if you luv machine can register you both on her ID card?

• Thanks 1