Moderna vaccine: Private hospitals will charge 1,200 baht service charge - more than 50% mark-up

webfact

9 minutes ago, chakatee said:

So they will charge 600 per injection for the supplies (needle, syringe, alcohol, ...), the admin to register all, the nurses to check vital signs and screen patients if they're in proper condition to receive the vaccine, doctors on standby in case of side effects and so on.

For me it's not so much about the fee, it's more that the pricing structure and fee structure (for Moderna) changes almost daily. And hospitals are packaging and pricing (1 shot, 2 shots, all inclsuive) it differently.

IMO better to agree on a pricing structure ahead of time, and then publish it.

Most private hospitals have a fee structure for something like a flu shot:

the flu shot

a facility fee

a nurse fee

a doctor fee

So use that, then apply any COVID fee to cover additional work product (monitoring patient for 15/30 min, etc.).

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'd like to hear from any foreigner (except for the French who got it for free thanks for the French government policy) who  got registered, paid and got the vaccine already, any vaccine, anyone who can tell us from first hand experience?...

Just now, ezzra said:

I'd like to hear from any foreigner (except for the French who got it for free thanks for the French government policy) who  got registered, paid and got the vaccine already, any vaccine, anyone who can tell us from first hand experience?...

There;s a whole thread in the Health forum. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

All the ones I read of were free.....not read of any getting Moderna here yet.

1 hour ago, Shuya said:

I doubt they will find many people stupid enough to do advance payment for jabs that might or might not arrive at the same time or later when the free Pfizer is available

Pfizer is designated for 12-18 YO.

Might some be left over? Sure.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Has anyone registered/paid yet? Particularly curious about hospitals in Bkk, especially Bumrungrad.

Trying to pay now, most hospital websites are inundated right now.

Crickets from Bumrungrad, expect they already have a list, and will not hit customers up for prepayment, but I could be wrong. I'm registrered there but have not heard from them since that registration (informal, via email).

https://register.princhealth.com/en/home.html

https://www.praram9.com/en/

probably a dozen or more others out there, seems like a land-rush today.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I didn't. Did you?

Have you actually received your confirmed booking number today? They are sending out messages starting today.. It may depend where you are booked..Ours is at Thonburi Health care group (THG)

Just now, casualbiker said:

Have you actually received your confirmed booking number today? They are sending out messages starting today.. It may depend where you are booked..Ours is at Thonburi Health care group (THG)

No, not yet. 

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

What's the motto? "We're all in this together."  Maybe they meant "We're all in on this together."

I was thinking more like never let crisis go to waste.

But it doesn't matter because you're not getting any anyway. They cut the non existent shipment in half to arrive at a date uncertain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1