Moderna vaccine: Private hospitals will charge 1,200 baht service charge - more than 50% mark-up

webfact

Thankfully I have had my 1st dose back in the UK and having to wait 2 months for the next dose also over 50s are getting there boosters in September. The side effects went well for me personally but everybody is different .. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Not as fun as a walking dict.

Got a SG walking dict that speaks English and Chinese fun too. But not useful for Thai but got other extra perks like a free home with swimingpool. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Was it through Thonburihealth?

My message mentioned it could be as high as 1700 per jab. 

I prefer to pay for a private hospital as I am busy. If I didn't work, or was poor, I'd use the government one, where prices are low and must wait a few hours. 

Yeah that's the one, they can stuff it, anyway already had AZ for free at a private hospital so will only bother with moderna if the 2nd one does not show up. When I went for the AZ there was one person in front on me, in and out in under an hour.

Edited by clivebaxter

7 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Yeah that's the one, they can stuff it, anyway already had AZ for free at a private hospital so will only bother with moderna if the 2nd one does not show up. When I went for the AZ there was one person in front on me, in and out in under an hour.

So why register if you already have had the vaccine? Does having two separate vaccines lower the risk of getting Covid?

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

So why register if you already have had the vaccine? Does having two separate vaccines lower the risk of getting Covid?

I did not get the vaccine before registering and getting the AZ was doubtful. You are not fully vaccinated until you get 2 jabs unless it's the J&J one. Some, like chancellor Angela Merkel had one AZ then one Moderna. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I have been told that having Pfizer or Moderna as #2, yields better efficacy than a double AZ.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 11:54 AM, ezzra said:

I'd like to hear from any foreigner (except for the French who got it for free thanks for the French government policy) who  got registered, paid and got the vaccine already, any vaccine, anyone who can tell us from first hand experience?...

Foreigners in Phuket are getting free doses of AZ

On 7/1/2021 at 11:55 AM, Neeranam said:

There;s a whole thread in the Health forum

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Don't forget the nurses station, her PPE, the alcohol wipes, the fridge to keep the doses in, all the paper/computer data, the doctors consulting fee. The running costs of the hospital etc. It all adds up and nothing is free anymore.

All the exact resources that come for free in many national health services around the world.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Good...... so let us know in 6  months time then, if we are all still here!

Before this is all over, people are going to be desperate for anything they can get, including Sinovac. Just watch for the panic.

i was against putting down a deposit money for Moderna vaccine, my wife today just register me for the Moderna jab at Sukumvit Hospital, she said it's only money a few thousand baht same amount as we go out for dinner most day, i can't argue with that, mine set for around oct1, we will see. 

On 7/1/2021 at 4:54 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Shameless profiteering in times of a national crisis.

Money Number One. 

I do agree with you but there are also farangs on this forum who are prepared to pay 10,000 baht for their preferred vaccine in order to jump the queue , so money talks and survival of the fittest ? Also apparent hoarding of vaccines in hospitals is happening and being held back for V I P s

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

All the exact resources that come for free in many national health services around the world.

Actually they don't come for free at all.

They come out of the NHS budget and that budget comes out of general taxation, which every taxpayer pays into. Mainly National Insurance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Actually they don't come for free at all.

They come out of the NHS budget and that budget comes out of general taxation, which every taxpayer pays into. Mainly National Insurance.

Nobody pays any money for them, that is my point.

Many Thais pay taxes.