Dystopian blues anyone?

22 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

If the future looks dystopian , and it certainly does , it is well deserved .

Human nature cannot change , it seems . It is still the same old and primitive instincts that dominate ( nearly ) everyone's thinking . That is what brought all the trouble the world is in now .

It is time to take an evolutionary step foreward for our species , but that won't happen , as mankind cannot overcome their mental limitations . So , Dystopia knocking on the door , and no way to go back ...

At 65 , I found a place where i like to live , even if it changes to become more bad every year . I keep people as far away as possible , I am happy with my only true friends ( my dogs ) , and my wife .

I never wanted kids , and I was right about this .

I try to eat good food only , ( don't like meat anymore ) , have a few good drinks and my healthy Ganja tea ( nearly ) every evening ...

I watch in TV news what is going on elsewhere in the world , and I am happy that I am so old already ... would like to die of an heart attack one day , that would mean that I would not have to witness my own degradation . I witness the degradation of the once beautiful world ( Just think how nature was beautiful just 150 yrs ago ) ,

All I can think about this is how impossible it is for mankind to solve the problems they created themselves .

Not bound for further evolution , but for extinction it seems ...

Proof of the ultimate stupidity and the impossibility to work all together to reach one solution in an emergency situation .

Anyway , I am the fool on the hill that sees the world going down ...

Post of the day!  I agree with almost all you have written, but I would add cats to the dogs and throw out the TV - I have not owned one in more than 30 years.  I also never wanted children, but I surprised myself and legally adopted my wife's two.  One is now grown and, ironically, living in my home country where she just got her second jab of Moderna vaccine free of charge even though she is not a citizen.  I do look forward to getting the youngest through secondary school - he turns 16 tomorrow - and into university before I die.  Right now I look forward to going out into the front garden to shoot rabbits, something I am able to do only because I have no neighbors within sight.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rumak said:

thanks for writing all that .   saves me the time to write,  and also people won't say " man Rumak, what a downer"  .       Allow me to paraphrase, if you will:  life sucks, and then you die.

haha  just kidding guys.   it only sucks sometimes.   "Honey, bring me those lemons" .....

yep,  time for some lemonade      oh wth   make that a johnny walker

Life only sucks if you're lucky..  Many die having never experienced that delightful pleasure.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, alot of us are sick and tired of Covid and the limitations imposed upon us, by this plague. 

I am even more sick of the extreme lack of effective leadership here, and the destruction and sabotage they have rained down upon us and the Thai people. 

This is not the Zombie Apocalypse. And they would have us believe otherwise as it suits their agenda, perfectly. 

On 7/4/2021 at 2:53 PM, nobodysfriend said:

If the future looks dystopian , and it certainly does , it is well deserved .

Human nature cannot change , it seems . It is still the same old and primitive instincts that dominate ( nearly ) everyone's thinking . That is what brought all the trouble the world is in now .

It is time to take an evolutionary step foreward for our species , but that won't happen , as mankind cannot overcome their mental limitations . So , Dystopia knocking on the door , and no way to go back ...

At 65 , I found a place where i like to live , even if it changes to become more bad every year . I keep people as far away as possible , I am happy with my only true friends ( my dogs ) , and my wife .

I never wanted kids , and I was right about this .

I try to eat good food only , ( don't like meat anymore ) , have a few good drinks and my healthy Ganja tea ( nearly ) every evening ...

I watch in TV news what is going on elsewhere in the world , and I am happy that I am so old already ... would like to die of an heart attack one day , that would mean that I would not have to witness my own degradation . I witness the degradation of the once beautiful world ( Just think how nature was beautiful just 150 yrs ago ) ,

All I can think about this is how impossible it is for mankind to solve the problems they created themselves .

Not bound for further evolution , but for extinction it seems ...

Proof of the ultimate stupidity and the impossibility to work all together to reach one solution in an emergency situation .

Anyway , I am the fool on the hill that sees the world going down ...

Seems you and I are on the same page.

IMO if mankind IS on the brink of destruction, it's our own fault. We've destroyed nature with abandon, consumed far too much and conserved far to little, exploited and polluted the oceans to the brink of death, and continue to overpopulate poor countries that can't support their adults and so we see the human tide that seeks to benefit from that which they did nothing to create.

I despair when I see children born into a war zone, and then we are told that we have to help them. Why is anyone conceiving children when it's not a good idea to do so? We all know how children are conceived, so no excuses.

IMO it's time for people to start taking responsibility for their own actions and not expecting other people to rescue them when it all goes wrong.

BTW nature still is beautiful, and one only has to travel a short distance from the toxic cities to find it.

However there are people that are evolving, and looking to spirituality. Hopefully, they will survive when all else cease. Perhaps there is a better future ahead where good people can built a better society if the apocalypse really does happen, and just a few million people are left. I just hope it's not the rich with their private armies.

However it plays out, I won't be around to see it though.

58 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

Life only sucks if you're lucky..  Many die having never experienced that delightful pleasure.

Seems to me that most posters approach every post they make from a rich western perspective. I did benefit from living in rich western countries most of my life, but I realise that most of the people on the planet never had it good at all. In fact their lives were awful. I'm grateful that I wasn't born into one of those societies.

• Like 2

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems to me that most posters approach every post they make from a rich western perspective. I did benefit from living in rich western countries most of my life, but I realise that most of the people on the planet never had it good at all. In fact their lives were awful. I'm grateful that I wasn't born into one of those societies.

Even the west ain't great for heterosexual men.

If you want a relationship with women you're totally screwed, and live your life , at best, as her indentured servant.

Not that you're got a chance of getting the woman you actually want!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CM Dad said:

Post of the day!  I agree with almost all you have written, but I would add cats to the dogs and throw out the TV - I have not owned one in more than 30 years.  I also never wanted children, but I surprised myself and legally adopted my wife's two.  One is now grown and, ironically, living in my home country where she just got her second jab of Moderna vaccine free of charge even though she is not a citizen.  I do look forward to getting the youngest through secondary school - he turns 16 tomorrow - and into university before I die.  Right now I look forward to going out into the front garden to shoot rabbits, something I am able to do only because I have no neighbors within sight.

I don't have a tv connected to the airwaves- I only watch DVDs on it. I do have access to a tv that can pick up channels like Fox, CNN, BBC, Al Jazira, etc so I try to keep up with international news. I don't watch any local channels at all, as they have far too many ads, and the news they put on isn't what I consider to be "news". I get local news from the radio.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO if mankind IS on the brink of destruction, it's our own fault. We've destroyed nature with abandon, consumed far too much and conserved far to little, exploited and polluted the oceans to the brink of death, and continue to overpopulate poor countries that can't support their adults and so we see the human tide that seeks to benefit from that which they did nothing to create.

I despair when I see children born into a war zone, and then we are told that we have to help them. Why is anyone conceiving children when it's not a good idea to do so? We all know how children are conceived, so no excuses.

Totally disagree,

Mankind is not on the brink of destruction, but the white western world may be (due to racial suicide).

The other countries live as they always have done, in war and famine (which is actually normal).

Your ideas about not breeding is why white people are now only 14% of the world population (down from 60% in the 1950s).

You are making posts from  "approach every post they make from a rich western perspective." 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Even the west ain't great for heterosexual men.

If you want a relationship with women you're totally screwed, and live your life , at best, as her indentured servant.

Not that you're got a chance of getting the woman you actually want!

I realised that after my one and only proper relationship with a western woman, and never been proven wrong to have nothing to do with them in a romantic sense, though I have platonic friendships with western women.

The lesson I failed to learn though, was that even Thai women can be the wrong sort as well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CM Dad said:

I am able to do only because I have no neighbors within sight.

well, that's an accomplishment right there... I have lived in rural Thailand for 20 years and don't ever remember seeing a wild rabbit.. good for you on the schooling, 

Just now, BritManToo said:

Totally disagree,

Mankind is not on the brink of destruction, but the white western world may be (due to racial suicide).

The other countries live as they always have done, in war and famine (which is actually normal).

Your ideas about not breeding is why white people are now only 14% of the world population (down from 60% in the 1950s).

Hmmmmmm.

If rich western countries didn't rescue people in poor countries when their societies collapse due to famine or self inflicted wars, how many of those countries would now be overpopulated and sending their young men to live in rich western countries? Seems to me that by rescuing them, we have sown the seeds of destruction for our own cultures.

Japan and Singapore are just 2 non white countries that are breeding less, as women realise that they prefer a career to children, and even China is facing an aging population as children are too expensive to have. I saw that on a documentary about China's decreasing population.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

how many of those countries would now be overpopulated and sending their young men to live in rich western countries? Seems to me that by rescuing them, we have sown the seeds of destruction for our own cultures.

Yes, it's part of our western suicide .......... driven by the "we are all one people" fantasy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Yeah, alot of us are sick and tired of Covid and the limitations imposed upon us, by this plague. 

I am even more sick of the extreme lack of effective leadership here, and the destruction and sabotage they have rained down upon us and the Thai people. 

This is not the Zombie Apocalypse. And they would have us believe otherwise as it suits their agenda, perfectly. 

SM...... you know ( i think)  that I agree with you ............... but.......the same damn thing is happening everywhere .      Sure, some believe the typical yahoo/cnn  BS  that all is great, almost back to normal (after 2 years of "limitations" )      A mass murder every other day ?    No problem, everything is going great !   Look at the stock market which is making a very small percentage very sabai sabai.  

OK,  same BS here with the stranglehold on the population, aided by the 24 hour non stop fear reports.  Thais are mostly like children,  scared easily........ but again reports come to me of many westerners in their countries just buying all that they are allowed to read.

so yes, its raining down on us here.    but the storm seems to cover the world

edit:   this is in no way excusing what IS happening here in Thailand .  it is where i have lived since the days of happy and free times.    and what i believe is that it is NOT just me that is feeling the anger of being shut down,  and shut up 

Edited by rumak
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, rumak said:

SM...... you know ( i think)  that I agree with you ............... but.......the same damn thing is happening everywhere .      Sure, some believe the typical yahoo/cnn  BS  that all is great, almost back to normal (after 2 years of "limitations" )      A mass murder every other day ?    No problem, everything is going great !   Look at the stock market which is making a very small percentage very sabai sabai.  

OK,  same BS here with the stranglehold on the population, aided by the 24 hour non stop fear reports.  Thais are mostly like children,  scared easily........ but again reports come to me of many westerners in their countries just buying all that they are allowed to read.

edit:   this is in no way excusing what IS happening here in Thailand .  it is where i have lived since the days of happy and free times.    and what i believe is that it is NOT just me that is feeling the anger of being shut down,  and shut up 

Some good points, as usual for you. It is happening everywhere. And as much as I complain about the extremely toxic govt. here, it is really bad elsewhere too, and I love my life here, despite the goombahs.

And yes, most of my family are buying into the nonsensical narrative, and some of my friends too. And here? Wow. My massage lady wore a mask the whole time she was in my house yesterday. Talk about buying in. 

And yes, we are expected to shut up, and just take it. Not me. And likely not you either. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, rumak said:

IMO there is nothing that those of us that don't agree with the official narrative can do about it without risking everything. All we can do is lie back and think of something pleasant while being <deleted>.

I may not agree with masking, but if I get on a bus I'll wear one because I don't want to be arrested.

Perhaps my only revenge will be dying, so they can't control me anymore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I always wondered what would happen if financial institutions started believing in Climate change and refused to fund any property purchases less than 100m above sea level?

Financial institutions only believe in profit, IMO.

I doubt they give a monkey's as long as they get their cut.

23 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Well said ... does it mean that everybody lives in his own reality that is subjective only ...? And what is really ' real ' then ? Or is an objective ' reality ' , that is shared by most , only existant , because it is believed to be like this by most people ?

Well , reality might be more than we can know now  ...

oh , I need to go and take my pills ... 55

... there is no spoon, ...

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 11:39 AM, ChrisKC said:

"Dystopian" is quite a commonly used word to describe a situation (usually misery) that is exactly the opposite of "Utopian"

Dystopia and Utopia (paradise) are not real places but only in one's thinking. You are only one thought away from either!

There have been a few dystopias in our modern age. Stalinist Russia, 1944-5 Germany, Mao's + today's communist PRC, Cambodia 1975-79, Myanmar since forever.

Many Arab countries. Korea and Japan arguably. Much of Africa. Australia, UK, US and Canada. Especially all the cameras in UK.

Thailand.

We're living it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I always wondered what would happen if financial institutions started believing in Climate change and refused to fund any property purchases less than 100m above sea level?

They do believe in it. Insurance takes this into account fully.

100m no

1m absolutely yes

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

My massage lady suggested us both not wearing anything last week.

Gotta love Thailand!

She is smart. The chances of you being infected are infinitesimally small. Same with her. And the masks have limited effectiveness anyway. This is NOT the Zombie Apocalypse. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

And yes, we are expected to shut up, and just take it. Not me. And likely not you either. 

when i drive the mask is on my lap, ready for action.    i have to say, those masks really do help 

in cars as I have yet to have a sniffle.

haha    as for massage ladies ,  and others ............ i miss seeing that smile.   Gotta admit ,  that feminine thai smile was the Siren that drew so many of us into the web .   I miss it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, rumak said:

when i drive the mask is on my lap, ready for action.    i have to say, those masks really do help 

in cars as I have yet to have a sniffle.

haha    as for massage ladies ,  and others ............ i miss seeing that smile.   Gotta admit ,  that feminine thai smile was the Siren that drew so many of us into the web .   I miss it

I guess all shops are closed in Bangkok? Most are open in Hua Hin, and on Samui, many have gotten fed up with the draconian restrictions and are defying the closure order. Good on them. Massive civil disobedience is long overdue here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My massage lady suggested us both not wearing anything last week.

One might say that is a Freudian slip .        One might also think....hmmmm ,  that lucky son of a .........

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1