Dystopian blues anyone?

17 hours ago, connda said:

A Huxleyian 'Brave New World' future in the collapsing West;

More likely a primitive Muslim Caliphate.

Although to be honest, I don't have much of a problem with women restricted to the home, refused education, and being stoned to death for adultery.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

More likely a primitive Muslim Caliphate.

Although to be honest, I don't have much of a problem with women restricted to the home, refused education, and being stoned to death for adultery.

Well there you go ..a new charming comment from Britman Too.. you're ex must have done you wrong allright..

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You object to the Religion of Peace?

I do concur that some extreme factions get a relatively easy ride in some circles.  Held to a different standard. Some are tougher on those they consider part of their own worlds rather than the 'other'. Bill Maher and the late Christopher Hitchens have said some good stuff on that topic. 

I am fairly hopeful of the future. Pandemic hit. Science got a vaccine. Governments like Australia looked after their people. Mistakes made but could have been worse. Young people surprise me with their uplifting attitude. My big concern is climate change and too much control by some non democratic countries.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I do concur that some extreme factions get a relatively easy ride in some circles.  Held to a different standard. Some are tougher on those they consider part of their own worlds rather than the 'other'. Bill Maher and the late Christopher Hitchens have said some good stuff on that topic. 

I am fairly hopeful of the future. Pandemic hit. Science got a vaccine. Governments like Australia looked after their people. Mistakes made but could have been worse. Young people surprise me with their uplifting attitude. My big concern is climate change and too much control by some non democratic countries.

Climate scam is a joke, fooled the gullible.. Covid disaster in Aus. Ruined thousands of businesses for nothing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Climate scam is a joke, fooled the gullible.. Covid disaster in Aus. Ruined thousands of businesses for nothing.

To not believe in climate change is in my opinion for those looking to be defiant for defiant's sake. It's for those who in my opinion don't think, have a preconceived narrative that they are determined to fulfill, are lazy or are being a tad trollish. To disagree on the solution is fine. 

A segment of the population did suffer badly under the covid rules. Retail and travel companies and others. Nothing could be done for the latter as it had been a worldwide issue of course.   There was lots of support to business and individuals to successfully keep businesses going. You could argue there has been some overkill on lockdowns, to this day, but in the big picture I am happy with the outcome that resulted in few deaths and a healthy economy. The difficulty is they they bet on Astozeneca which has lead to further issues so not perfect but a fair effort. 

5 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

To not believe in climate change is in my opinion for those looking to be defiant for defiant's sake. It's for those who in my opinion don't think, have a preconceived narrative that they are determined to fulfill, are lazy or are being a tad trollish. To disagree on the solution is fine. 

A segment of the population did suffer badly under the covid rules. Retail and travel companies and others. Nothing could be done for the latter as it had been a worldwide issue of course.   There was lots of support to business and individuals to successfully keep businesses going. You could argue there has been some overkill on lockdowns, to this day, but in the big picture I am happy with the outcome that resulted in few deaths and a healthy economy. The difficulty is they they bet on Astozeneca which has lead to further issues so not perfect but a fair effort. 

Climate change billions of years old. Manmade argument mostly a scam if you bothered to study it. Obviously you never have. Scare mongering nonsense.

Covid disaster. States contradicting the pm. Doctors contradicting each other. Totally hopeless on vaccine rollout. Should have bought 3 or 4 vaccines to give people choice.

One week masks, next week no masks. They have no idea.

Complete stuff up. Pm 2/10

Premiers 1/10

10 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:
essential gas, required by plants and exhaled by people, makes up a fraction of one
percent of all so-called greenhouse gases present naturally in the atmosphere. “Absolutely not,”
Mörner said about the CO2 argument, noting there was “something basically sick” in the blame-
CO2 hypothesis. “CO2, if it has any effect, it is minute — it does not matter. What has a big
effect is the sun.”
Obviously, while he was serving on the UN IPCC, Mörner tried to warn his colleagues on the UN
body that the politically backed hypothesis about CO2 driving temperature changes, and the
subsequent claims regarding dangerous sea-level rise, were totally incorrect. “They just ignored
what I was saying,” he recounted. “If they were clever — if they had facts on their hands — they
could show that, 'no, you're wrong.' But that is not the case. They just will not discuss it. I will try
to discuss it. I will show with their own data that they are wrong. Because in science, we discuss.
We don't forbid or neglect.”
When asked about the frequently repeated (and easily debunked) claims of an alleged 97-
percent consensus supporting the man-made global-warming hypothesis, Mörner said it was
simply not true — and even if it were, it would be irrelevant. “Why does anybody say something
when it is not correct?” he asked. “They say it because they have applied excellent lobbyists.
They are working with lobbyists in their hand; 'say this, do that.' We don't do that.” In the field of
physics, Mörner estimated that 80 to 90 percent of physicists know the hypothesis is wrong. And
among geologists and astronomers, he said probably 80 percent know it is wrong.
“They claim that there are 97 percent who are for it,” Mörner said. “I claim that it is 97 percent of
scientific facts against them.”

It's written in big letters so it must be true. The last sentence says that claims the vast majority are against his claims are not correct. So you believe him, and that scientists across the world will not speak up, or he is wrong. The reason scientists might not speak up might be for financial reasons or they are scared - something that could be true in small specific situations but two very unlikely scenarios at a large scale unless you have a massive conspiracy theory in place.  I don't like conspiracy theories if they don't have something to back them up.

I see he is into dowsing - something debunked many times. I am not saying this guy necessarily doesn't have some interesting point to make but I'll take the overwhelming total of esteemed scientists around the world saying otherwise. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 10:51 PM, BritManToo said:

At 65 all I have in my future is death.

Not sure I'm looking forward to it.

But in the shorter term (next 5 minutes), I'm looking forward to a Full Moon dark wine cooler. 

I thought I was overly thinking about my death, but only several years after 65. After all, 65 isn't even old these days.

At least you still get to have fun of the horizontal sort. If I was that lucky, I'd consider myself fortunate.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

It's written in big letters so it must be true. The last sentence says that claims the vast majority are against his claims are not correct. So you believe him, and that scientists across the world will not speak up, or he is wrong. The reason scientists might not speak up might be for financial reasons or they are scared - something that could be true in small specific situations but two very unlikely scenarios at a large scale unless you have a massive conspiracy theory in place.  I don't like conspiracy theories if they don't have something to back them up.

I see he is into dowsing - something debunked many times. I am not saying this guy necessarily doesn't have some interesting point to make but I'll take the overwhelming total of esteemed scientists around the world saying otherwise. 

Even if it's in a big font?

He shouldve used colour.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Simply not true. Which esteemed scientists? Name them

• Like 1

"The influence of mankind on climate is trivially true and numerically insignificant.

"

Richard Siegmund Lindzen is an American atmospheric physicist known for his work in the dynamics of the middle atmosphere, atmospheric tides, and ozone photochemistry. He has published more than 200 scientific papers and books.

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Simply not true. Which esteemed scientists? Name them

You got me. No scientists actually believe in climate change. You win. 

From Wikipedia 'Scientific consensus on climate change' Lot's of names, studies, and stuff in there. But your guy knows best. 

Nearly all actively publishing climate scientists (97–98%) support the consensus on anthropogenic climate change, and the remaining 2% of contrarian studies either cannot be replicated or contain errors. A 2019 study found scientific consensus to be at 100%.

Got to leave it there. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You got me. No scientists actually believe in climate change. You win. 

From Wikipedia 'Scientific consensus on climate change' Lot's of names, studies, and stuff in there. But your guy knows best. 

Nearly all actively publishing climate scientists (97–98%) support the consensus on anthropogenic climate change, and the remaining 2% of contrarian studies either cannot be replicated or contain errors. A 2019 study found scientific consensus to be at 100%.

Got to leave it there. 

You might have got him there, but black is white, isn't it?

• Haha 1