immigration queue closed

I assume you are applying at Chaeng Wattana or Muang Thong Thani immigration. The online appointment system should be up before the 19th. If not you can just go and get a number when ou get there.

You do not have to wait until the last few days to do your extension application. I would do it at the latest during the week starting on the 19th.

The 26th and 28th are Thai holidays.

• Like 2

Bangkok Imm. announced mandatory appointments, for most services, as of 19 July 2021.

I guess we're all hoping that the appointment system is back up and running before that date, although that may be optimistic.

Assuming you cannot make an appointment, then maybe go very early and queue, assuming they're using the old style, three-step queing process.

With an extension date of 1 Aug. you could obviously go as early as Monday, 5 July. 

I would stay far ahead of that end of July holiday kerfuffle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jippytum said:

Thai immigration are absolutely useless regarding online applications via their websites .Nothing they introduce works..Its not rocket science .If they can't do it themselves.Why don't they admit they are unskilled, swallow their pride and  ask a foreign company  to do it correctly for them .

One has to ask...Why should they? In person applications should be the norm, in my view, to ensure the identity of the applicant.

2 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

One has to ask...Why should they?

Because they keep saying they want/will to make things easier for tourist/expats  and that Thailand is a hub of this and that  and Thailand 4.0 etc etc      then setup websites that disclose personal data, are often poorly designed with out of date/inaccurate  information and down for long periods.

Yes in the end you have to turn up in person with half a forest tucked under your arm...but the websites should be usable,working and provide accurate information. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jippytum said:

Thai immigration are absolutely useless regarding online applications via their websites .Nothing they introduce works..Its not rocket science .If they can't do it themselves.Why don't they admit they are unskilled, swallow their pride and  ask a foreign company  to do it correctly for them .

Oh! dear! Could never happen, think of the loss of face involved.

21 hours ago, jippytum said:

You are stating the obvious;

For me personally after the online 90-day reporting was successful for the previous 5 times and it displays my status of the last 5 online reports as approved but now fails on submission of my sixth application. 

Renewed my non imm-o visa in April; did a new 90 day report at the same time and now it looks like the database records of the 90-day reporting system are not in sync with my visa records system.

You can't put brains in statues; these people here in the Thai Imm. IT technology field have little or no idea of what they are doing.

You won't change their attitude to their failures as they really don't give a flying #### and don't have the skills to build out  user friendly, effective and highly available, reliable and scalable enterprise solutions.

It's like flogging a dead horse trying to get their attention to how inferior their software designs are; it more like they are programing a commodore 64 games program rather than a critical enterprise application.

image.png.271b8d9a18bd352a5ab3e432bcc30f2b.png

Go take a look at their vision, mission and core values on their website; it's all window dressing.

image.png.f8c9fa5c29ccdb8ba2d2f05881806d9c.png

They have a strategy statement on their site, unfortunately it's 4 pages in Thai as an image; I don't have time to OCR scan it with with Google translate but I also suspect more window dressing as well. 

As aliens guess we just have to grin and bare the pain of it all.

6 hours ago, berrec said:

You won't change their attitude to their failures as they really don't give a flying #### and don't have the skills to build out  user friendly, effective and highly available, reliable and scalable enterprise solutions.

I am as frustrated as you any many others are in dealing with IM online, but to be fair as an Aussie I know that over the last few years the number of spectacular and expensive failures in new and updated IT systems by various government departments at both state and federal level has been significant, and the big banks and other commercial institutions haven't fared much better, and from my reading of the tech press the situation is similar in the UK, the USA and the EU and various European countries

and I have lost track of the number of hours I have wasted trying to deal with some of the local Thai bank, ISP/telco and e-commerce apps and websites so I would be interested to hear who exactly you and/or jippytum would like to see the IM app and website development farmed out to?

I think internationally it has been shown that finding  "the skills to build out  user friendly, effective and highly available, reliable and scalable enterprise solutions" is very difficult - but I don't see that as an excuse for IM to keep delivering unsatisfactory products as they have done so far - whether the developers or their masters give a "flying ####" or not, but I don't necessarily see just handing this off to outside contractors is necessarily a viable solution !