400K funds how long keep in bank after house visit from immigration ?

Hi guys. Done all the paper work and had the house visit just a few days later for 1 year marriage extension. Need to go to immigration in a couple of months (it was only one month last year). Is this still a probation period while they do more checks and need to leave the 400k or can I start moving the 400k bht elsewhere. Cheers.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy B said:

Okay cheers. I'll leave it in. Maybe the under consideration period has been extended to 2 months because of covid. Usually 1 month

Two months seems strange. In any event don't touch the money untill you get final stamp. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy B said:

Okay cheers. I'll leave it in. Maybe the under consideration period has been extended to 2 months because of covid. Usually 1 month

No. Under consideration still stands.

My understanding and experience is a bit different, but then you would need to verify with your local immigration office as sometimes they follow some localized interpretation of the rules.

First, the 30 days under consideration are there so the documents can be sent to Bangkok for verification. Thailand maintains a central family register in Bangkok for Thai nationals which also handles Thai-foreigner families. Every year you renew your marriage visa you need to submit the form, photos taken in your house, and get your family name verified through the register.

If you extend your marriage visa less than 30 days before expiry you will get a new visa stamp for 30 days starting the day you apply for the extension (you will lose the remaining days of the old visa), after which you will get another stamp with the remaining 11 months of the 1-year marriage visa. If you visit the immigration office 31-45 days before expiry you will not get a stamp but be told to pick up the extension on the day the current visa expires, and then get a new stamp with 12 months marriage visa extension.

As for the money, when applying the first time you need the 400k 2 months on a bank account with your name only (no joint accounts) before application. For renewal, you need the 400k 3 months before renewal application. Nobody ever wanted to know whether my money is still in my bank account, not during the verification process where documents are sent to Bangkok, nor when I received the final 1-year visa.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, natway09 said:

After all it is not a major amount

You speak for everyone, do you? You're aware of the financial situation of all the applicants, are you?

Let me correct your post for you: It is not a major amount for some but it might be for others.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thalueng said:

My understanding and experience is a bit different, but then you would need to verify with your local immigration office as sometimes they follow some localized interpretation of the rules.

First, the 30 days under consideration are there so the documents can be sent to Bangkok for verification. Thailand maintains a central family register in Bangkok for Thai nationals which also handles Thai-foreigner families. Every year you renew your marriage visa you need to submit the form, photos taken in your house, and get your family name verified through the register.

If you extend your marriage visa less than 30 days before expiry you will get a new visa stamp for 30 days starting the day you apply for the extension (you will lose the remaining days of the old visa), after which you will get another stamp with the remaining 11 months of the 1-year marriage visa. If you visit the immigration office 31-45 days before expiry you will not get a stamp but be told to pick up the extension on the day the current visa expires, and then get a new stamp with 12 months marriage visa extension.

As for the money, when applying the first time you need the 400k 2 months on a bank account with your name only (no joint accounts) before application. For renewal, you need the 400k 3 months before renewal application. Nobody ever wanted to know whether my money is still in my bank account, not during the verification process where documents are sent to Bangkok, nor when I received the final 1-year visa.

All three of your paragraphs are wrong.

There are several main offices in the country, and not every application gets sent to Bangkok.

Most offices don't allow you to apply more than 30 days before the expiration of your current extension.

The 400K never has to be in the bank for three months; it's two months every time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

2 months before and 1 month after application is 3 months isn't it?

Please read the post I'm actually replying to. This is what he wrote (my emphasis): "For renewal, you need the 400k 3 months before renewal application".