10,000 cases per day by year’s end not out of the question, senior doctor says

webfact

What a very optimistic number but then again I guess they don’t test that many people every day here I wonder what the real numbers are much much higher meanwhile foreign people that live here including myself have not been able to receive the Vaccine do you think they’d be doing everything possible to roll out the vaccine to everybody in Thailand TIT

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Another reason to open up soon and learn to live with cases. 

the problem is that's per day. 

With a largely unvaccinated population the cases will result in a large number of deaths and hospitalisations - not to mention long covid etc.......I doubt if the Thai economy, however open will be able to cope.

With that number of cases things like the tourist trade won't open up anyway as very few will want to visit a country rife with Covid.

This 'senior doctor from Siriraj Hospital' is a bit too optimistic, I guess. Just look at how figures in Malaysia spiked because of somewhat-unrestricted travel. And these were just local interstate travels! Of course, that country's political turmoil didn't help, but that's a different discussion. Fact of the matter is, if Thailand isn't careful, 10,000 new cases per day will come sooner rather than later, and way, way before the year is out.

Edited by outsider
  • Like 2

the vaccination rate will only pick up when enough brown envelopes are delivered. this is just the way things are done here.  show me the money, get in line  and i will green light your vaccine.  life is cheap in this part of the world.

17 minutes ago, outsider said:

This 'senior doctor from Siriraj Hospital' is a bit too optimistic, I guess. Just look at how figures in Malaysia spiked because of somewhat-unrestricted travel. And these were just local interstate travels! Of course, that country's political turmoil didn't help, but that's a different discussion. Fact of the matter is, if Thailand isn't careful, 10,000 new cases per day will come sooner rather than later, and way, way before the year is out.

kiss the tourist season goodbye if this happens.

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 2